Review Demo impressions thread

nufan

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Is it like the BLIC07 demo, where it resets after you finish playing, or can you immediately begin a new match?

after the game it just kicks you back to the game's main menu, you can just start a new game from there.

My impressions, the shot animations don't really match up how they should, can't really put my finger on that right now. Overall the demo is pretty fun, but yeah lots of dropped catches, and the cpu batsman smashed me around, I couldn't really do the same to their bowlers :P

Xophia

School Cricketer
First impression of the new catching system is stunning imo.

Just caught Ponting at slip, really low to the right. The view change to a 3rd person really makes you feel like your catching. The circle and colour coded timing is a massive improvement over BLC07

brad352

Executive member
after the game it just kicks you back to the game's main menu, you can just start a new game from there.

My impressions, the shot animations don't really match up how they should, can't really put my finger on that right now. Overall the demo is pretty fun, but yeah lots of dropped catches, and the cpu batsman smashed me around, I couldn't really do the same to their bowlers :P
If anyone in my team dropped a slips catch that took 5 minutes to get there like my edges have been they'd be taken out the back and shot

e: Dropped in similar fashion by Prior, at least they got that right

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
First impression of the new catching system is stunning imo.

Just caught Ponting at slip, really low to the right. The view change to a 3rd person really makes you feel like your catching. The circle and colour coded timing is a massive improvement over BLC07

You mean 1st person?

barmyarmy added 1 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

If anyone in my team dropped a slips catch that took 5 minutes to get there like my edges have been they'd be taken out the back and shot

That was something I raised in the 2007 review. Catches can't all be the same difficulty. A blinder in the covers is not the same as a dolly at slip. Are you saying this hasn't been fixed?

D

Deleted member 11215

keeper just caught me but the ball went towards him them back towards me to give him time to adjust then into my hands and he caught it running forwards :noway

brad352

Executive member
You mean 1st person?

barmyarmy added 1 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

That was something I raised in the 2007 review. Catches can't all be the same difficulty. A blinder in the covers is not the same as a dolly at slip. Are you saying this hasn't been fixed?

They've been CPU catches not mine, just looks a bit stupid but it might work for when you're in the field

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
Downloading now.

Will give impressions tomorrow as its late now and ill play it in bed haha.

Sheheryar

School Cricketer
i cant see the demo..... is the market place diff in regions... can anyone help me pls. i am in dubai and a gold member but its not showing, what shall i do????

D

Deleted member 11215

Keepers take catches running forwards it seems but ive edged a defensive shot and it didnt carry which is cool. Bowling doesnt quite feel right to me but the catching system is fun and challenging.

Immediate impression is its the best cricket simulator ive ever played, but that doesnt take alot.

z33

School Cricketer
guys get us some gameplay videos :upray
Damn cant wait to get hands on this one.

Swingers

Club Cricketer
Is it better than BLIC2007 or does it just feel like a rehashed version of that?

D

Deleted member 11215

Is it better than BLIC2007 or does it just feel like a rehashed version of that?

Feels better, still has its occational BLIC moments but definately a different experience. I keep losing seight of the ball in the field though and flinty has me edging every ball when im batting.

Just had a non lofted shot caught, YES!

sl_fan

School Cricketer
yeah guys who have played the game plz do some gameplay videos .... i really wanna see, how the gameplay looks like !!! :D

brad352

Executive member

It feels a lot better. Still fundimentally broken imo on account of everything you face being a half volley but it's actually playable.

gudduthemaster

International Cricketer
Feels better, still has its occational BLIC moments but definately a different experience. I keep losing seight of the ball in the field though and flinty has me edging every ball when im batting.

Just had a non lofted shot caught, YES!
can you tell me about Stadium Atmosphere ,Graphic, Please :help

It feels a lot better. Still fundimentally broken imo on account of everything being a half volley but it's playable.

All are Half volley,oh god !! :(

Users who are viewing this thread