Zimbabwe Tour of West Indies 2010

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Oh my god, it is the 3rd one! That is just crap. Massive overload. When you cant even remember an entire World Cup its definitely overkill. :mad:

Thats why they arent remembered because they are 20/20 World Cups. The only reason I even remember the first one was because Gayle scored the first 20/20 international hundred in the opening game of the WC against the hosts and yet the WI still manged to lose.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
its not that shocking. its shocking but not :eek:. its T20, anything is possible. but what i dont get is, how could they run out of overs to chase a low total? how do you run out of overs in T20? 79/10 is one thing, but 79/7 after 20 overs is shocking. they should have went out and hit the balls, get the runs. Prices sledging really scared them or something?

i cant wait to see Price v Gayle. hope Gayle hits him for 6x6s

and stop asking what was wrong with the pitch. there is nothing wrong with the pitch. its just spin friendly

Robelinda

International Coach
Thats why they arent remembered because they are 20/20 World Cups. The only reason I even remember the first one was because Gayle scored the first 20/20 international hundred in the opening game of the WC against the hosts and yet the WI still manged to lose.

Yep I agree, the only thing I remember about the world cups so far is the Gayle innings, Zim beating Australia, I know pakistan won the first one, after that i'm at a loss to tell you much. it seems more about individual performances than a team game.

But I can tell you about almost every test match since the late 60's!

P

pcfan123

I think as cricket fans we should be celebrating this event. Zimbabwe just reinstated (or created) a domestic Twenty20 and it obviously did them some good. If they are starting to be competitive then that can only be a good thing for cricket. The spin bowling was just as good as most international teams, and even better than some (SA)

hMarka added 0 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

Yep I agree, the only thing I remember about the world cups so far is the Gayle innings, Zim beating Australia, I know pakistan won the first one, after that i'm at a loss to tell you much. it seems more about individual performances than a team game.

Lol Rob, India won the 1st won, which was the most unfortunate event in cricket history as it led to the creation of the IPL.

Pak won the second one.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
ya, idk why you guys are complaining. this will only boost Zims confidence. lead them to play better in up coming ODIs.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
First I said Tait or Bond was gonna get the 3rd 5-fer in T20I and then I said Zimbabwe wasn't going to win a game. Maybe everything is going to happen opposite to what I say...

But anyway, glad to see Zimbabwe win. They really are trying hard to get back to top flight cricket. Let's hope they put up a fight in the ODI series.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Hahaha an interesting strategy there, I wonder how far they can go with hordes of spinners. As for the implications it has for T20, we may have to wait and see how well the Windies play in longer formats. They haven't been in great form lately and an opportunistic team might still knick a few games off them.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors

The one good thing about it is that lesser teams are getting some wins. Bangladesh beat the WI in that WC too, then Zimbabwe beat the Aussies and then Netherlands beat England at the start of the last WC. Other then that its like you said allot more about the individual performances.

I think as cricket fans we should be celebrating this event. Zimbabwe just reinstated (or created) a domestic Twenty20 and it obviously did them some good. If they are starting to be competitive then that can only be a good thing for cricket. The spin bowling was just as good as most international teams, and even better than some (SA)

It would be great for Zimbabwe to achieve their goal of getting their test status back by the end of this year. As a West Indies fan I obviously wont the WI to win but as a cricket fan I would love for Zimbabwe to put up a fight.

ya, idk why you guys are complaining. this will only boost Zims confidence. lead them to play better in up coming ODIs.

Whos complaining about what?

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
check some of the previous posts. "oh i hate watching this" "this is the worst day of cricket" "whats wrong with the pitch" blah blah blah

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
check some of the previous posts. "oh i hate watching this" "this is the worst day of cricket" "whats wrong with the pitch" blah blah blah

Yea but there were just as many that said that this is a good thing for Zimbabwe. The same ones that are screaming "oh I hate watching this" are pure 20/20 fans that got used to 150+ scores and huge sixes. When proper cricket appears even in a 20/20 they get confused, like all of a sudden not being able to walk.

Dare added 4 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Is cricinfo being a bitch for anyone else?

Users who are viewing this thread