Psych-Ward Mafia - Night 4!!

Chewie

BCCI President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well with regards to Varun that doesn't make sense. Hedger hammered after I considered whether to vote Varun and I chose not too. Most mafia members would have hammered Varun, rather than wait for another mafia member to - that would defy logic.

For all everyone knew then Ollie could have false role-claimed. We know that isn't true now, but there was still a possibility of it back then. If I had been mafia, I would have used that opportunity to say that Hedger's defense was as strong as Ollie's role-claim and backed out of lynching him.

We need Riz to come and answer some questions. You shouldn't be lynching me until you've heard what he has to say. Though I suspect that he will try and distance himself from me.

Unlynch ARay

You have convinced me enough that you are not mafia trying to get the townies to vote one of their own off. Still, FOS: Riz, ARay

ARay

County Cricketer
Well with regards to Varun that doesn't make sense. Hedger hammered after I considered whether to vote Varun and I chose not too. Most mafia members would have hammered Varun, rather than wait for another mafia member to - that would defy logic.

For all everyone knew then Ollie could have false role-claimed. We know that isn't true now, but there was still a possibility of it back then. If I had been mafia, I would have used that opportunity to say that Hedger's defense was as strong as Ollie's role-claim and backed out of lynching him.

Well if it helps explain better, mafia can communicate with each other outside the thread. It could very well be possible that it was discussed that hedger would hammer (hence the other member would refrain from hammering)
False claiming as mafia is quite dangerous. The false claimed member will be immediately be the centre of attention and will eventually be lynched off. (of course sometimes in terms of strategy it might help mafia, but the mafia have to be in a strong position to take that risk)

I do agree with you on the fact that RIz, needs to post more.

on another note, my head is throbbing with Pain as I have so much psychology notes to do :(

Chewie

BCCI President
Mafia can communicate in the night, and there hadn't been a night phase when Varun was lynched.

At that time we hadn't lynched Hedger so no one was sure whether Ollie was correct or not. He could have been mafia accusing a townie of being mafia (which obviously was not true once Hedger was found to be mafia).

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
Well if it helps explain better, mafia can communicate with each other outside the thread.

I had no idea mafia could do that, and anyways i wouldn't be active outside the thread if i wasn't inside, so i'm not mafia.

Right, went with Aditya instead of Chewie because everyone seemed to be set on Chewie whilst Aditya was only posting in small snippets. Everyone seemed to be on Chewies back, so rather than investigate him, I went with Aditya for the reason that if he came up anti-town we could get rid of him but if he came up pro-town, which he did, we could then target Chewie throughout the day.

So, in conclusion: Aditya: Pro-town

Now that i know mafia communicate outside the thread, how do we know that you weren't just protecting your mafia team mate, and trying to keep the most inactive member in the game? Ofcourse the majority would follow you since you role-claimed a cop last round which worked well enough for you.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Guys, I'm in the middle of my exams, just finished the first one today. I agree I haven't been much active lately, but that is purely due to the inactivity of the thread in general. Seriously, there wasn't anything to discuss, or rather, anyone to discuss with.
The last day period saw the Ollie role-claim, and the lynch of Hedger. Hedger had an argument, which somehow made sense to me, because I'm not the one who believes in anyone's role-claim straightforward. Seeing there was no support for me, I decided to unlynch him, because I was going to sleep, and knew I wouldn't get the time to log onto PC for another 24 hours.
I prefer not to get into hasty lynches, because they invariably hurt the town, and I knew there would be people who don't understand the concept of a hammer vote, because we were playing with quite a few newbies. So I wanted more discussion to understand the game further. Remember, discussion about the person in pressure can lead to clues about his fellow members as well.

For the records, my role is of a Lie-detector, I can send a quote from the thread to ask if it's true or not, but I'm sure I'm getting skewed results. I sent the same quote twice to receive 2 different results. That is why I haven't talked about it at all, because that just makes me a vanilla townie effectively.

I'm quoting a couple of the posts from the last page, hopefully I've answered them all.

I am honestly surprised about the lack of activity here.
Noone is making any effort to take this forward. This greatly pains me.
Okay so here is my assessment so far:
Abhas - Null read (looks townie, but then he pulled out of the lynch of hedger during times of confusion)

I beg to differ a bit, you say 'in times of confusion'. I don't think there was any confusion at that point. Everyone was lynching Hedger, Hedger came up with his defense, I felt it was a valid defense unless someone claimed otherwise, and simply unlynched him. The confusion (was there any really?) started after a few posts later. And that is when I decided to put pressure on Aditya to post because I was clearly frustrated by the lack of activity.

Abhas has provided a lot of discussion earlier in the thread, but recently hasn't contributed much at all. As ARay said, he didn't vote Hedger which you would expect most townies to do. He also brought up the 'mafia aren't as active in the thread' point, while being very active himself, possibly as a disguise. His last post also seems like one where he is trying to act like a townie.

A couple of things I'd like to add here.
1. In hindsight, it's really easy to say that I did not vote, while most of the townies are expected to vote. Just consider, if hedger was a townie, would all the people voting had been mafia?
You can't be sure about the role-claims made by people. Hedger made a false claim, what if it was the other way round? I knew I was roleblocked, and felt it was a valid claim, coupled with the fact, that my role's pretty much a semi-cop, so I thought the possibility of another cop was slim.

Also, if we go by that logic, User was the most insistent person for the lynch of BKB, while I was defending him. What do you have to say about all those who voted for him? I was quite sure he was a townie, and did not vote for that reason. At that time no-one really knew if he was mafia or town. It was the same case with the Hedger lynch. Though, I believed at first that the claim was genuine, but after hedger's defense, it surely raised a doubt or two in my mind.

2. I did not bring up the 'mafia aren't as active in the thread' point. I said if a person is not contributing to the discussions, a reason could be that he's mafia. There is a difference in the 2 things.

Last edited:

ARay

County Cricketer
I had no idea mafia could do that, and anyways i wouldn't be active outside the thread if i wasn't inside, so i'm not mafia.

Now that i know mafia communicate outside the thread, how do we know that you weren't just protecting your mafia team mate, and trying to keep the most inactive member in the game? Ofcourse the majority would follow you since you role-claimed a cop last round which worked well enough for you.

Honestly, do you even read anything that is going on in detail?

His partner was dead. It was down to him and him only

That man knew. He knew about hedger. Now, he had to die.

There are only 2 mafia members, Hedger was one.
If Ollie is hypothetically mafia, his only member - hedger is dead.
He has no mafia member to protect. So him trying to save aditya is implausible.

An interesting role claim by abhas - lie detector. (knowing him, I shall take everything with a pinch of salt - stone cold steve austin)
So we have
Ray: Townie
Ollie: cop
Abhas: lie detector
User2010: Townie
Aditya: Townie
Riz: unknown
Chewie: Unknown

Either Riz or chewie could be anti-town. Or both could be anti-town.
Riz you will be lynched as well, if you cannot substantially contribute to this dicussion. Just so you know.
Abhas insane lie detector role is interesting. It could very well be that he is bluffing and that he is psycho.
Will be back in an hour to see what you guys think of this. I have to deal with stomach cramps right now. :p

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Honestly the activity has been poor and I don't quite think Aditya has the idea of the game. He said he would be more active when we know who the mafia are, well Aditya the whole idea is TO WORK OUT WHO THE MAFIA ARE!

I'm still wary of being having a hit and miss option, but maybe I really am the only sane person in the ward.

In my opinion it's between Riz, Chewie and ARay. In the order of Chewie, Riz, ARay. Chewie just because he has defended himself so much, which I know he is right to do as he is under attack but he may be trying to defend himself to much. If we don't find the mafia tonight I probably won't make it through the night as it was clear I got blocked last night but you can't do the same thing to people two nights in a row.

So this is how I reckon is a fool proof way of going about things if we really narrow it down to these two. We lynch someone today and we find out if that person is mafia or not. If that person is not then, the role-blocker (wherever he is) should block one of the other two and then if that block works we know who the final mafia member is, if it doesn't it's obviously the last of 3 or Abhas :p.

So because of that lynch: Chewie

Chewie

BCCI President
I have been protecting myself so much because you really don't want me dead. And it would be a rather stupid thing to do. hint.

And to be honest, 'defend himself too much' is rather ridiculous thought. When ARay's already got me down as lynched of course I want to convince him that I'm not mafia.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
ARay, I agree with your apprehension, but just to substantiate my claim, have a look at this

By that theory it should mean, ARay is mafia, User is mafia, I am mafia, and a lot of people are mafia as well.
Apart from activity, is there anything else you've got that can prove him a mafia?

I deliberately put in the bolded statements so that I can quote them at night. There are other instances as well in the early part of the thread.

The thing is, I cannot just accuse anyone just like that, so I have to disguise my post and quietly slip the message in.

Ollie, I agree that's a good strategy to get to the mafia, considering there is only 1 left, and we have 7 townies. We surely can't lose now!

Chewie and Riz are my main suspects.

Lynch: Chewie

Chewie

BCCI President
Well since only the hammer vote remains I may as well role claim, even if none of you will believe me.

I'm the Doctor. Every night I can send in a name of someone to protect them from the mafia. The first two nights I was unsuccessful, but I protected Ollie last night successfully. Seeing as he's going to die tonight, I've still got a day to help you guys.

People can also get injured apparently, and I can fix these people by sending their names in. I haven't tried this yet because no one has given any signals that they are injured.

Normally the doctor doesn't role-claim, but since there's no other option really but Ollie dying tonight, I need to do this to stay alive one more round to help you find the mafia. Hopefully we can get them in the next two days because I will be dead tomorrow night.

Chewie added 0 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

btw, the three people I've protected are User2010, Abhas and Ollie.

Chewie added 1 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

And Lynch: Riz

He seems to be the other person everyone's suspicious of.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Oh jeez! we were about to lynch off the doc. Obviously, if there is another doc we will have a contradiction, but I feel this is a valid role-claim.
Unlynch: Chewie

Lynch: Riz

ARay

County Cricketer
Unlynch: Chewie
I am going over the post again and I shall post my thoughts. Give me 10 minutes.

ARay

County Cricketer
First off I guess I should apologize chewie for my attack on you.
People can also get injured apparently, and I can fix these people by sending their names in. I haven't tried this yet because no one has given any signals that they are injured.

This write up by zorax should give you an indication that someone might have been injured at night.

That guy talks to much. It annoyed him. It's all he could think about. That guy talking and talking and blabbering on and blabbering on...

He had had enough. He was powerless at the day, but at night, he could do something about it. Kill him? Not tonight. He wasn't in the mood. But he could do a little mutilation...

I would suggest you to read everyone's post carefully (from day 4).

This is quite interesting. By logic it feels like Riz is the only mafia choice then
Since both Riz and chewie were unknown. Now that chewie has role claimed.
Riz is the the only possibility left.
Lynch: Riz

But now we have a new dilemna.
Cops cannot find out psycho. As they will be town aligned.
Which means that we will have a situation where we will have 5 townies and 1 psycho.
I shall role claim now. I am Vanilla Townie. I am crazy, but I am not dangerous. I can actually be an entertaining at times. I have no special powers apart from a vote during the day phase.
So we have
Ray: Vanilla Townie
Ollie: Cop
Chewie: Doctor
Abhas: Lie detector ( I really am apprehensive. But I guess I have to trust him for now)
Aditya: Townie (unknown)
User2010: townie (unknown)
Both unknowns have been unreasonably quiet and I would be quite mad if either won (as psycho) :mad

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Unlynch : Chewie
Lynch : Riz

User2010 added 3 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

Both unknowns have been unreasonably quiet and I would be quite mad if either won (as psycho)
Rather I've been quiet because of busy life. I'd have loved to contribute more to the game but I'm not getting enough time.

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
Riz did put the hammer vote on Hedger, so this would lead me to think that he is townie. However, it is perfectly plausible he may have done this to make it seem like he is a townie when he is really mafia. He knew that Hedger was going to be killed this round anyway because of Ollie, so what better time to align yourself with the townies by lynching a certain kill. Riz hasn't been too assertive either in making his points.

Actually as Aray pointed out, hedger always looked like he was mafia to me. He was trying to keep his identity secret, but gave hints along in all his posts.

Now all i can say is that i'm definitely not mafia. Since my ass is on the line here, i might aswell as role claim. Right then i'm actually a crazy neutral who has privileges to either injure, protect, investigate, role block or frame someone during the night with a roll of a dice. I could've become a vanilla townie if Mad had cured me.

That leaves either User or Aditya, although user has been lynching people without giving a explanation so he can avoid making slip-ups as a mafia so i'm Lynching: User and abhas's "lie-detector" claim doesn't sound right to me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread