Mar 6 - England v South Africa

Auwais

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Anyone in search of the biggest loser in this planet ?? Here i am , after walking off like a cricketing coward from the stadium after England's 1st innings only to see the superguns fight back and pull it off in the television set . :facepalm
You plonker!

darthlewis1

Club Captain
Anyone in search of the biggest loser in this planet ?? Here i am , after walking off like a cricketing coward from the stadium after England's 1st innings only to see the superguns fight back and pull it off in the television set . :facepalm

Why would you leave! lol, I would never leave a match at the halfway point let alone leave a match in the first place.

ferg512

International Coach
Wtf surely Broad should've got motm. Although 60 in a low scorer is pretty good..

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Superb stuff from England! Amazing how all of their games have gone down the wire (though its not a good thing because it involved Netherlands and Ireland)

Owzat

International Coach
I can see why he did. SA had just destroyed England with spin so you're going to lean towards spinners no matter how part time. Also look at how badly the quicks have bowled in the previous games.

Yardy, yes. Pietersen, no. And I repeat what I'm sure I've already said today which is why was Pietersen not bowled more in the build up to the World Cup? He's not even part-time, he is VERY occasional, like calling someone a postman because he stuck some fliers through some letter boxes once a year.

It isn't about the previous match either, you bowl your main bowlers as they were picked for the purpose and then you look elsewhere if it goes badly wrong. Strauss seemed reluctant to give the quicks a chance for success, even when Anderson and Broad had taken 4/12 Strauss was keen to bowl someone else.

More by luck than judgement. No doubt Peterson has gone from hero to zero having demolished England's top order only to get out to the worst bowler on either side!

Still, a win is a win and England's dream goes on. Do you fancy putting up a vbookie event on whether Yardy will play the next ODI..............? Might do well, you never know, it is only Bangladesh (?) That said, his two wickets against them cost 40.50, he does average 28 with the bat but not scored more than 10no against them.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Why would you leave! lol, I would never leave a match at the halfway point let alone leave a match in the first place.

Actually three of us joined up there in the stadium , the other two of course being Indian fans . After the England innings , they felt they din want to waste their time over a team like England and decided to leave . I had no other choice for we came by our friend's car . Its still haunting me .

darthlewis1

Club Captain
Actually three of us joined up there in the stadium , the other two of course being Indian fans . After the England innings , they felt they din want to waste their time over a team like England and decided to leave . I had no other choice for we came by our friend's car . Its still haunting me .

I would kill my friend's if they did that, lol.

Owzat

International Coach
Bopara MOTM :eek: I guess in a low scorer you might pick the pick of the batsmen, but then did he deserve it any/much more than Trottsky?

And of course Broad took the key wickets of Amla (42, SA top scorer), Kallis (15, big threat) and Steyn (20, late threat of winning the game) as well as Morkel to finish it off.

darthlewis1

Club Captain
Bopara MOTM :eek: I guess in a low scorer you might pick the pick of the batsmen, but then did he deserve it any/much more than Trottsky?

And of course Broad took the key wickets of Amla (42, SA top scorer), Kallis (15, big threat) and Steyn (20, late threat of winning the game) as well as Morkel to finish it off.

Yeah I thought Broad should have got MOM, I didn't see Bopara's innings but Broads role in the match stands out more.

jonah

International Coach
Makes me laugh, reading back over the thread throughout the course of the game. People like Papa Smurf and Kabooka relishing England's demise.

One thing you guys have to learn about England - never ever write them off or think you can foresee how a game is going to end when they're involved. They have a knack of throwing away a seemingly easy win, or pulling of an unbelievable victory out of nowhere.

Take this from someone who has followed English cricket for many many years. That is what makes being an English cricket fan so rewarding or so bloody frustrating...

Well done the English bowlers but not forgetting Trott and Ravi :cheers.

mohit_dude10

Club Captain
I think it was right call. Broad, Anderson and Bresnan picked up key wickets so it would have really been tough to pick among those 3 and Bopara along with Trott did well to stabilize England innings.

Auwais

International Coach
Makes me laugh, reading back over the thread throughout the course of the game. People like Papa Smurf and Kabooka relishing England's demise.

One thing you guys have to learn about England - never ever write them off or think you can foresee how a game is going to end when they're involved. They have a knack of throwing away a seemingly easy win, or pulling of an unbelievable victory out of nowhere.

Take this from someone who has followed English cricket for many many years. That is what makes being an English cricket fan so rewarding or so bloody frustrating...

Well done the English bowlers but not forgetting Trott and Ravi :cheers.
Long time no see, mate. :wave

Users who are viewing this thread