Mar 24 - Australia v India (Quarter-Final 2)

I feel India will chase in this match, and CHASE SUCCESSFULLY!!! Australia are a tough team to play against, but somehow I feel India's method of pressing the accelerator might just work well for them.

Ashwin should absolutely play, I would drop Munaf who has been absolutely pathetic and brings down the morale of the other fielders too. Its ok to give more runs away through the bowling of Sreesanth but Munaf's fielding is reaching ridiculous levels. One of the worst ever cricketers of India. Sehwag should come in for Yusuf and Raina should remain.

P.s: Being in Chennai right now, it will be fun watching the knockout and the final moments of the World Cup at the proper time. Starts at 2:30pm, its nice for me.:D
I think they might be a better chasing side too. With their top order, they can cut a long way into a total early early and then just grind it out. For totals around 300, they normally wouldn't have to worry so much about pressure to score at the end. Then again, if they're chasing 350, they'll probably still have to be able to reach top gear on the final straight.

Whether India Bat first or not, India are winning this for sure!! This World Cup will finally be alive from tomorrow and heart beats will increase to it's highest extent

I think I will be "working from home" on Thursday. And I'm sure no one from the leadership will care, because they will be looking for an excuse to do the same:)

I want Yusuf Pathan against Australia as Suresh Raina still can't play bouncy stuff well enough. So it would be waste to take Raina for this game. Yusuf Pathan can hit sixes on bouncers. :rolleyes

I am still eyeing for Sreesanth :yes, I don't want Nehra or Munaf, they are useless. :facepalm

Ponting's captaincy against Pak was ridiculous. He needs to find some form and win games for his country. At the moment he is just making them lose.

Indians are quite afriad of their match against Aussies in Quarter-Final as far as what I have observed.

My favourite is definitely Austrailia.

This is going to be a very interesting match .
Raina might be dropped for Sehwag.
Rest of the team unchanged .

What I smell is a last ball thrilling win for India!
I feel Sehwag should be in for Suresh Raina.

If at all Sehwag misses out, I feel Yusuf should open the innings along with Tendulkar. We need some hard hitting batsman to open along with Tendulkar. Gambhir with Tendulkar will result in a definite slow start.

Sehwag is fit and raring to go for this match just saw his interview

The war of words has begun. :)

Sehwag and Hussey both making statements. As I already mentioned in another thread, this will also be a battle of two woefully out of form captains who have been criticized for some poor decisions. Time to see who comes out all guns blazing,the one who does not will in all probability be forced to step down.

I say ,keep Yusuf in the team as well. With him in we can get a few runs off his bat-we need to. Plus his bowling has been good.

Depending upon the pitch ,I say ,there is a good chance that the local Munaf will miss out for Sreesanth.

Users who are viewing this thread