Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

zombieian

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Do you know how many official patches there have been for cricket games over the last 20 years?
If you exclude AC09 which wasn't officially released due to TMG going bust the answer is 1 for c2k2. And that patch did absolutely nothing.
Big Ant have not only produced the best cricket game but they've also released one patch already, are imminently releasing a second and have promised a third. You are coming across not only as having a massive sense of entitlement but also as rude and churlish.

I didn't say that the game wasn't the best cricket game to be released. For goodness sake what is the matter with you people?
I was just saying that the game was released with a lot of known issues which BA are duty bound to at least fix what wasn't right. What's wrong with that?
Why am I rude and churlish?

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
They are not only patching up the bugs, they are looking to tune a lot things on our demands/suggestions. That should be acknowledged to say the least.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't care about other developers. My comment was about BA who released a game which they knew required patching. Ross said as much prior to release.

Because we're the only game that has ever been patched...Welcome to the 21st century...

zombieian

International Coach
They are not only patching up the bugs, they are looking to tune a lot things on our demands/suggestions. That should be acknowledged to say the least.

My original comment was about the important patching of bugs, nothing else.
To say that BA are tuning the game to your 'demands' sounds self entitled to me rather then anything I said!

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The game was playable.

We patched it to make it better.

We are patching again to make it even better and add features.

We will patch again to add some features.

So your point is?

----------

We have listened to people here and they have had their ideas added to the game. I like that.

----------

Quarter time, listening to the footy and we're getting killed otherwise wouldn't bother...

BlackDevil

School Cricketer
This is just a patch. Why people are getting so sentimental over it. You will get it soon enough and also get more patches ahead, i guess that's more than enough. They don't owe us these patches, but they are doing it as well as responding so just sit back and enjoy when it comes and if you want to know when it comes just check back a page or two.

dontboycottme

School Cricketer
I think that its fair to say that the game was released unfinished. And this game is at a premium price point in the UK with prices above fifa, COD etc. And its unlicensed. So it really should have been released finished. I love the game and have stuck with it. Reviewers have quite rightly pointed out the games many problems. And praised its successes. But given some of the ludicrous bugs before patch 1, one has to conclude that many will have been put off from buying this game because of lazy programming and inadequate game testing.

----------

This is just a patch. Why people are getting so sentimental over it. You will get it soon enough and also get more patches ahead, i guess that's more than enough. They don't owe us these patches, but they are doing it as well as responding so just sit back and enjoy when it comes and if you want to know when it comes just check back a page or two.

They actually do owe us patches, given the amount of money this game costs and the severity of the bugs

SilverFox

School Cricketer
The game was playable.

We patched it to make it better.

We are patching again to make it even better and add features.

We will patch again to add some features.

So your point is?

----------

This is why Big Ant, for me, is a role model for other game developers. I hardly post on this site, as I feel I don't need to. However, I have to make a comment on this. You guys listen and interact with the gaming community and take our advice into the game. Thank you for the awesome work. Will be waiting eagerly for patch 2, whenever it is available. Until then, I am still having awesome battles online against my mates. The game, as it is, is very much playable.

You guys filled the void that us cricket fanatics craved and for that, I salute you!

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I really don't understand some people on here, moaning when game was put back, loaning when game came out, moaning about patches, ffs people, BA released the game then immediately patched to make sure there wasn't further delays, they have promised and delivered on patch 2, albeit awaited approval, they have promised further patches which, to be fair if not bug fixes, could have been held back for future versions. Get a life and be grateful, I'm not a fanboy or whatever but give credit to the guy, he comes on here, gets involved, takes feedback, and despite copping a fair amount of stick, still has the decency to come back. How many other devs do that, where's fegan these days? You guys act like you being persecuted. It could be worse, you could be a Chinese tourist in Croatia.

Users who are viewing this thread