Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

Whilst I understand the statements regarding sentiment above, it is hard not to be a bit annoyed with people proclaiming the game has the worst servers ever when indeed it has NO SERVERS WHATSOEVER as the game is peer to peer.

Pro Tip: Best to comment on things you might know a little about, if you don't understand what peer to peer is or means then it's best not to comment about "Servers"...

To be fair I did say that he would need to bring actual factual information to the table and not just rant....

I must say there are problems in Online since few days.. don't know but do the online game under maintenance? I ranked no 3 in Online. and we have Online fb group of 500 people from all platforms.. if u can ask in our Online group they will give u answer.. Naveen, Mihir telling the truth...

Last edited:
Leave the server peer to peer issue aside. May be the average gamer is not so tech savvy.
But online as of now is broken.

Ross can we get some encouraging words from you on this.

The other day while playing online i bowled the batsmen out for like 5 to 6 times and the game registered those deliveries as wides. #@$$$

Leave the server peer to peer issue aside. May be the average gamer is not so tech savvy.
But online as of now is broken.

Ross can we get some encouraging words from you on this.

The other day while playing online i bowled the batsmen out for like 5 to 6 times and the game registered those deliveries as wides. #@$$$

I definitely agree that if you are using wireless then the game does not behave well prior to patch#2 online and there are bugs.

As far as we can tell in testing, these have been fixed. The PC version is reflective of patch#2 and seems to be holding up well between all continents that have been tested.

----------

I must say there are problems in Online since few days.. don't know but do the online game under maintenance? I m ranked no 3 in Online. and we have Online fb group of 500 people from all platforms.. if u can ask in our Online group they will give u answer.. Naveen, Mihir telling the truth...

There is no server. There is nothing for us to maintain.

There is no good reason for us to have a server either. When you have a maximum of two players then the most efficient online is peer to peer. Having a server in the middle of two players increases the number of connections required and network overhead - it slows things down and increases the chance of failure/dropouts.

A server only becomes efficient for when there are more than two players.

Last edited:
@BigAntStudios The Online part was working well without frequent disconnection since the game came out but since 1 week there are so many disconnection problems... Please tell us the reasons.. Mihir,Naveen,Chaman are all from my fb dbc online group...

Now which game developer's CEO on this great planet responds to your queries so swiftly.

Its Ross the boss.

Thx for the reply. Waiting eagerly for patch 2.

@BigAntStudios The Online part was working well without frequent disconnection since the game came out but since 1 week there are so many disconnection problems... Please tell us the reasons.. Mihir,Naveen,Chaman are all from my fb dbc online group...

I really don't know but the issue has to be either between the players internet connections or their connection to PSN, or both.

We are not involved, we receive no connection to any of our hardware when you go online.

never had any problems with online, using ps3 online in the uk, using sky broadband

never had any problems with online, using ps3 online in the uk, using sky broadband

Can't be true. Tell me ur psn. We'll have a game. Unable to get a stable game from last 3 4 days.

I've given up with online: mostly because I'm bad at the game but partially because I've had a few horrible games. I honestly doubt that its my internet connection: did a speedtest from the same room that my PS4 is in and got 42Mbps down and 10mbps up. I'll see if the patch does much to fix it: it depends whether the improvements to the PC version are actually code changes or just Steam/PCs providing a better online experience. Suppose we'll have to see!

The thing is that the multiplayer is Peer to Peer not played through servers. So the problem is probably you rubbish connection or your friends connection.
DBC has a few problems agreed but Ashes Was totally unplayable so shut your whinging and get your facts right.
Or better still sell you copy of the game and leave the forums

this is a bad post; please don't post like this again.

I played my first online game the other night and wont be doing it again. My opponent was driving the ball down the ground, totally along the ground all the way, and when my fielder picked up the ball, the batsman was given out caught! Happened at least 5 times. :noway
Clearly can not say that that has anything to do with my internet connection!

I played my first online game the other night and wont be doing it again. My opponent was driving the ball down the ground, totally along the ground all the way, and when my fielder picked up the ball, the batsman was given out caught! Happened at least 5 times. :noway
Clearly can not say that that has anything to do with my internet connection!

- Fix for ball rolling along ground being called caught.

This ^

People who complain here on the online matches have played enough number of online games to complain here. We have played almost all the game with bugs to complete the game. At times the worst scenario happens when all the bugs happen in a single game.

I have seen enough number instances where a new player to online comes and see quits the game after seeing the batsman given out when the ball rolls overs the ground. The last couple of days people in our group have left the game and started with other games. I just hope these issues are fixed and does not continue, otherwise there won't any players playing the online game.

People who complain here on the online matches have played enough number of online games to complain here. We have played almost all the game with bugs to complete the game. At times the worst scenario happens when all the bugs happen in a single game.

I have seen enough number instances where a new player to online comes and see quits the game after seeing the batsman given out when the ball rolls overs the ground. The last couple of days people in our group have left the game and started with other games. I just hope these issues are fixed and does not continue, otherwise there won't any players playing the online game.

Yeah it should be fun and not frustrating...:D

Whilst I understand the statements regarding sentiment above, it is hard not to be a bit annoyed with people proclaiming the game has the worst servers ever when indeed it has NO SERVERS WHATSOEVER as the game is peer to peer.

Pro Tip: Best to comment on things you might know a little about, if you don't understand what peer to peer is or means then it's best not to comment about "Servers"...

Please don't divert from the real issue and the whole issue that i had raised. P2P or server, thing is something bad has happened in last 5 days and
1. its not our connections that are at fault,
2. if it was PSN then their should have been fault during online play with other games as well, which was not.
INFACT its not just the frequency of disconnections that has increased, frequency of grounded ball given out and bowled being given wide has increased 10 times, now anyone can wonder as to how frequency of bug can increase, well i also don't know how, i am here just to inform.
Regarding your pro tip : I am just a gamer, and not a tech guy, so sorry, my bad.
Anyways i have my own Pro Tip : Better to give reply to whole query and not just handpick lines

Users who are viewing this thread