Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

Bowling- well AI does play better but I have to mention that was playing test match, 2nd over of innings, Broad bowls first delivery to Silva (his first delivery, batting mentality = defensive) and I bowled a reasonable delivery on the stumps.
Silva stands back and hits it over Broad's head for 6 :eek:

Well, if Sehwag does it, why not :)

I suppose the only way to properly judge the AI batting fixes is to see how it does over a fairly large sample of matches, and in a variety of match situations.

Keep in mind that human professionals make foolish mistakes too in real cricket matches (e.g. SA's numerous collapses in past WCs; England's senseless collapse against Ind in the recent ICC Champions final etc), I'm fine with the AI being given some degree of variability - it would be no fun if the AI always batted like Gavaskar at the start of a test match, or Bevan or Dhoni in a limited over run-chase.

Having said that, the AI batting in the game right now (before patch 2) is clearly pathetic almost all the time -- never seen them successfully complete a run-chase over 100 -- and so I was glad to see MattW's video of the large run-chase.

It would be good if the lucky folk who have the game can post more match videos for us sorry folk who are still awaiting patch 2. :)

All I want is AI to bat like their batting mentality

More so for first class/test matches and less so for shorter formats of game -simples

I'm really liking the list of additions in the patch notes. I'm wondering if there is any further expansions planned for career mode...specifically I'm thinking about assigning our player different roles for each format...so someone who maybe bats at 6 in the long form of the game...opening in T20 and other variations. Also being able to keep wicket and open the batting too.

Oh that would be great. Would love to see that in patch 3. You should put that in the suggestions thread.:thumbs

I've now finished my 1st season (I restarted one a few weeks ago) and I got a call up for England. I shall not be resuming it until the patch as I just cant bowl properly without the HUD.
Think I will try a tour or something. Maybe even give batting a try.

I am amazed that their is no mention of the buggy servers which have reached a new low since the last 5 days.
If a play a game with a friend, it is bound to disconnect 4-5 during the entire length of a single T10 match, online match with a random player almost never reaches a conclusion ( not to mention the enormous amount of gameplay bugs ).
I have no option but to restrict myself to career mode, online gameplay has got so bugged, thats its impossible to enjoy, don't see whats the difference between ashes cricket and dbc 14 when it comes to bugs.

P.S. - MY internet connection is good, all other games i can play smoothly without any problems.

I am amazed that their is no mention of the buggy servers which have reached a new low since the last 5 days.
If a play a game with a friend, it is bound to disconnect 4-5 during the entire length of a single T10 match, online match with a random player almost never reaches a conclusion ( not to mention the enormous amount of gameplay bugs ).
I have no option but to restrict myself to career mode, online gameplay has got so bugged, thats its impossible to enjoy, don't see whats the difference between ashes cricket and dbc 14 when it comes to bugs.

P.S. - MY internet connection is good, all other games i can play smoothly without any problems.

I suppose the difference is one is labelled as the best cricket game ever and the other was so bad it was cancelled after release

It seems apparent that the batting mentality does nothing.

from my observations on console and pc versions that appears to be largely the case?

Played an hour batting today, and early signs were that edges for me at least were more varied

First ball of T20 I edged a short ball and it looped up to 2nd slip.
Next over edged a fast bowler driving through backward point and ball stopped just inside boundary and ran 3 :D

I suppose the difference is one is labelled as the best cricket game ever and the other was so bad it was cancelled after release

I'm not sure he's talking about the cancelled one? I assumed the "online" stuff was aimed at the previous ones?

May be Self proclaimed " best cricket game ",just marketing propaganda i have played all cricket games since brain lara 99, i label it as " most bugged game " ever.
Worst online servers for any game i have ever played.

May be Self proclaimed " best cricket game ",just marketing propaganda i have played all cricket games since brain lara 99, i label it as " most bugged game " ever.
Worst online servers for any game i have ever played.

There are no servers. It's peer-to-peer (like 99% of console games). At least bring the right facts to your rantings.

The thing is that the multiplayer is Peer to Peer not played through servers. So the problem is probably you rubbish connection or your friends connection.
DBC has a few problems agreed but Ashes Was totally unplayable so shut your whinging and get your facts right.
Or better still sell you copy of the game and leave the forums

The thing is that the multiplayer is Peer to Peer not played through servers. So the problem is probably you rubbish connection or your friends connection.
DBC has a few problems agreed but Ashes Was totally unplayable so shut your whinging and get your facts right.
Or better still sell you copy of the game and leave the forums

How many online games of dbc have u played ?

Users who are viewing this thread