Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

Just a quick question not sure where to ask. Will the academy players/teams that I have linked be ready to play with when I install the PC version or would I have to import everything from scratch again?

Just a super quick question - i went through but haven't seen it yet (probably just missed it)

Is patch 2 - going too include 2 player options for batting in casual mode.

So you and a friend are both batting on the same team together as 1p and 2p out on the crease at the same time (or wherever you select to bat together etc)

Thanks guys

Just a quick question not sure where to ask. Will the academy players/teams that I have linked be ready to play with when I install the PC version or would I have to import everything from scratch again?

what I did was export all my teams/players I customised using 360 to the server

then when loaded up pc version, went to Academy -> Teams -> Online then search by author (i.e. zimrahil), and then downloaded all my teams again

May be quicker way but this worked

It's slightly easier on PC in that you still log into your old Cricket Academy account in game - and can see all your shared teams there. But you do need to upload them to the sharing server, you can't just move the save game over (I did try it).

Well played a bit more now using Patch 2

Batting is much better - playing on Veteran and just felt a bit more forgiving :thumbs

Bowling- well AI does play better but I have to mention that was playing test match, 2nd over of innings, Broad bowls first delivery to Silva (his first delivery, batting mentality = defensive) and I bowled a reasonable delivery on the stumps.
Silva stands back and hits it over Broad's head for 6 :eek:

Too early for conclusions but initial impressions is that batting mentality doesn't influence AI batting enough

I know I am only highlighting the less positive elements of game in my posts, but everyone else is doing such a good job of posting the positives I feel I don't need to :p

Well played a bit more now using Patch 2

Batting is much better - playing on Veteran and just felt a bit more forgiving :thumbs

Bowling- well AI does play better but I have to mention that was playing test match, 2nd over of innings, Broad bowls first delivery to Silva (his first delivery, batting mentality = defensive) and I bowled a reasonable delivery on the stumps.
Silva stands back and hits it over Broad's head for 6 :eek:

Too early for conclusions but initial impressions is that batting mentality doesn't influence AI batting enough

I know I am only highlighting the less positive elements of game in my posts, but everyone else is doing such a good job of posting the positives I feel I don't need to :p

Zim, would be better if you can focus on batting as Matt is already focusing on the bowling side of things. Specifically, I would love to know about variety of edges while batting. Do you edge through slips & gully region? Do you have more edges pop up to short leg or silly point off the pads? Does wkt keeper take every edge as it does now? Plus how are field settings by AI against a human opponent in various match scenarios?

my main gripe with batting mentality was probably more a gameplay one than a realism one. the AI when on strike either blocks or tonks it for 4s and 6s, you end up stuck down the non-strikers end for ages until he underhits one to a fielder in the deep.

the AI should be geared to rotate the strike more often so you can actually get more of a go batting.

tbh, in some ways I think the games tried to be too free and fluid when doing simple things like making the AI bowl with slips until batsmen reached certain scores, or the chase was small or something, and making it so the AI almost never hit 6 off a bowler in a test would have made a better game.

I've hit 1 first class 6 ever and I don't really feel frustrated for not hitting more.

@BigAntStudios - does the latest patch fix the run-out/super human fielder bug? I know it was 'fixed' in patch 1, but after playing numerous casual games over the last two months (and nearly a full season of my first career over the last few weeks) I feel it still exists.

When run is pressed and immediately followed by cancel run the batsman turns and gets back in his crease very quickly and the fielder hardly ever hits the stumps, however if there is even a small delay between run and cancel run the batsman ambles back, not sliding his bat and the fielder, from my experience (probably 50-60 full games in casual mode and 25+ in career) is hitting the stumps 9/10 times. The combination of the batsman ambling back and the super-accurate fielder is a killer! It's the usual candidate at mid-on, but it has happened with other close-ish fielders. The strange thing is, when I've been bowling in career mode, my AI team mates never seem to hit (which is definitely more realistic!).

Ross If I may ask you a question;and I hope the answer is not somewhere in the previous 75 pages, but regarding updates: do they only happen on fridays or can it be done any day , or just working days mon-fri?

Ps I know that it wont come before next week, or at least I assume since I obviously cant know for sure. So Im not asking for an ETA, just clarification of something.

Given up on the patch ever coming to Xbox 360, even once it's okayed it'll take it's sweet time.

PC version finally coming out this week. It'll look much better on PC as well, without all the limitations of the Xbox 360.

I did not see this in the list of changes. Is a field aerial view now going to be displayed on the screen respective to the camera angle chosen? Or the two-second delay before the start of a delivery is the answer for the online portion of the game? Thank you.

I'm really liking the list of additions in the patch notes. I'm wondering if there is any further expansions planned for career mode...specifically I'm thinking about assigning our player different roles for each format...so someone who maybe bats at 6 in the long form of the game...opening in T20 and other variations. Also being able to keep wicket and open the batting too.

Users who are viewing this thread