India-England-Australia Tri-series - January 2015

Who will win the Carlton Mid Tri-Series ?

• India

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • England

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Australia

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Can't Say Anything

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
India will loose this series + it also loose the upcoming world cup + all coming matches this year
And how did you come to this conclusion?

It is amazing how negative Indian fans can be. Windies is down as ever and the fans though sad are still backing the team. India is in a far far better situation than us. I cannot understand what all this negativity is about. You win some, you lose some.

It is amazing how negative Indian fans can be. Windies is down as ever and the fans though sad are still backing the team. India is in a far far better situation than us. I cannot understand what all this negativity is about. You win some, you lose some.
I just told that if there will be no likes of some legend players and if India will just depend on regular players then it might can happen I didn't negotiated just told that India need to use to the bench strength

Not all Indian Fan(s) Marlon.......Only Few or One who posted Just above my Post. I am Sure everyone else Backing the team which is in the transition. I am sure We will be back With a bang Before WC. :)

Not all Indian Fan(s) Marlon.......Only Few or One who posted Just above my Post. I am Sure everyone else Backing the team which is in the transition. I am sure We will be back With a bang Before WC. :)
That was not meant to be a generalised statement.

Now i had added the poll lets see what people have their views with the tri series[DOUBLEPOST=1421740895][/DOUBLEPOST]
That was not meant to be a generalised statement.
OK thanx for waking me up sorry i was little irritated with the way it was going on but now i will not negotiate

Guys granted this is a very very poor performance but all of you are reading too much in to this.

This is purely an experimental side and MSD and Co, are in the mood to experiment.

For starters on a pitch like this in the WC MSD would never bat first after winning the toss. He loves to chase anyway, and with a pitch offering help to bowlers up front, naturally he would want to chase even more.

The idea here was to give the batsmen a run against a quality seam bowling unit on a difficult wicket.

Second this side, screams experiment more than anything in the world. For starters, Rohit would not be dropped after a 100 in the previous match. India are still trying to see Rahane as an opener, and even in the last match after the loss of the early wicket Rahane was sent up to face the new ball, and in this one they had him open. I suspect that unless Dhawan gets his act together by the end of the series, Rahane and Rohit would be the openers we go with come Feb 15.

Kohli will definitely bat at 3, and sending Rayudu up the order was just to give him some batting in the middle in Aus. Ashwin would not be dropped.

Yes its a poor performance, but its aimed at doing some experiments, and we now know they didn't work particularly well. No need to read too much into the result. Onto the next set of experiments now.

Also on a side note, while I would like Dhawan to succeed, but if he doesn't then I think India should do the sensible thing and replace him with Vijay in the final side. I know the WC side has been announced and I don't really know if (and how) changes can be made to it, but if possible then India should just get Vijay in the side.

Also if the Yuvi news is true, then India would not really have an issue with Rahane then going to open and Yuvi slotting into the middle easily.

Guys granted this is a very very poor performance but all of you are reading too much in to this.

This is purely an experimental side and MSD and Co, are in the mood to experiment.

For starters on a pitch like this in the WC MSD would never bat first after winning the toss. He loves to chase anyway, and with a pitch offering help to bowlers up front, naturally he would want to chase even more.

The idea here was to give the batsmen a run against a quality seam bowling unit on a difficult wicket.

Second this side, screams experiment more than anything in the world. For starters, Rohit would not be dropped after a 100 in the previous match. India are still trying to see Rahane as an opener, and even in the last match after the loss of the early wicket Rahane was sent up to face the new ball, and in this one they had him open. I suspect that unless Dhawan gets his act together by the end of the series, Rahane and Rohit would be the openers we go with come Feb 15.

Kohli will definitely bat at 3, and sending Rayudu up the order was just to give him some batting in the middle in Aus. Ashwin would not be dropped.

Yes its a poor performance, but its aimed at doing some experiments, and we now know they didn't work particularly well. No need to read too much into the result. Onto the next set of experiments now.

Also on a side note, while I would like Dhawan to succeed, but if he doesn't then I think India should do the sensible thing and replace him with Vijay in the final side. I know the WC side has been announced and I don't really know if (and how) changes can be made to it, but if possible then India should just get Vijay in the side.

Also if the Yuvi news is true, then India would not really have an issue with Rahane then going to open and Yuvi slotting into the middle easily.
Yes I agree with u

Which news ?

Rumour going around in Delhi. Source being quoted is a Punjab politician. So take it with a pinch of salt. Well lots of salt and a slice of lemon :P

Anyway, the "news" is that Jadeja will not be fit for the WC, and the replace chosen is Yuvi. This happened yesterday evening supposedly and the announcement is likely in a couple of days.

Guys here is the thing, I think its blatantly obvious to everyone that if India have a good run in the WC, then it is the batting that is going to do it, and not the bowling.

If our seam bowlers are all equally ineffective and useless, then I will pick just 2 of our regular seamers. If Binny can contribute atleast 15-25 runs a match, then I would play him every match as the third seamer. Then pick any two of Bhuvi/Shami/Ishant/Umesh and be done with it.

Bhuvi can bat, and in the first 10 overs has among the top 10 economy rates from last year for all bowlers. So he gets in and Shami can swing his bat and between Umesh, Ishant and Shami, Shami clearly is the best at end overs.

The idea is if our bowlers are a liability regardless of who we pick, then isn't it better to totally back our batting.

Dhawan
Rohit
Kohli
Rahane
Raina
MSD
Binny
Ashwin
Bhuvi
Ozil
Shami

Come Feb 15 this is the line up I would go for. The most I would tweak it is if Dhawan has no form at all, then Rahane to open, and Rayudu to slot into the middle order. Thats it.

Users who are viewing this thread