23rd Match, Group F: India v Sri Lanka at Gros Islet

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Not too disappointed. Firstly, I never take this tournament all too seriously. Secondly, we didn't deserve to go through to the semi finals anyways.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Seriously, we suck badly! I thought we could have taken that win atleast in the end, but we decide to help our subcontinent neighbors get almost guaranteed of a semifinal spot. Today when our changes worked very well (Chawla and Vinay), our in-form bowlers Nehra and Bhajji decide to blow us up in the backside. The body language of Yuvraj Singh throughout the game has been pathetic to say the least. Even guys like Raina fielded ordinarily today. Drop Yusuf Pathan and Ravindra Jadeja and dont let both anywhere near the team. Retain Vinay Kumar. The boy bowled superbly today and bowled very tight. I know its only one game from him, but he surprised me this game because I never rated him at all. Chawla bowled tight too. Dhoni lost it for us with his horrible batting in the final overs of our innings. He should have gone berserk even if he had gotten out.

Good luck Sri Lanka!!! I am supporting Pakistan from here on. They know to make their luck and I will back them to win the tournament again. It would be good to see a team defending their crown in T20. GO PAKISTAN!!!

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
So much for the IPL helping out the Indian side then. Gone from winning the thing before the IPL started to getting knocked out in the Super 8's in the 2 tournaments since. Their bowling bar Harbhajan is atrocious, the fielding appears to be getting worse, and they still can't play the short ball on a track with any life in it. I'd be disappointed if I was an Indian fan, they've been dismal.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
*Sigh*

TBF I called it, again. These guys never turn up to the big matches. Too busy smacking everyone around in the IPL on flat decks, thus getting too big for their boots.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Are we playing the IPL before the 2011 World Cup? I guess the World Cup next year is in March-April (just when the IPL is played every year) right? Praying seriously that the IPL is not played before the World Cup. Not because we get tired (thats a lame excuse to make) but because we keep our hopes up due to the ordinary quality displayed in the IPL and we get disappointed in the end.

Nehra played true to his actual reputation today. Apart from that Jayawardena wicket, he was atrocious. Those fours from Dilshan spoiled it for us.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Sri Lanka look like they might fire at the right stage, their middle order is starting to make runs. Dilshan back to bowling and Perera was good with the ball. Will provide a good match against England.

Params7

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Stop blaming it on IPL. Other International players who played seem to be doing fine. And one player who didn't play in the IPL has been our worst bowler so far and has singlehandedly cost us important matches. Besides T20 WC has a bigger chance of crumbling than IPL anyways, this world runs on money.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Stop blaming it on IPL. Other International players who played seem to be doing fine. And one player who didn't play in the IPL has been our worst bowler so far and has singlehandedly cost us important matches. Besides T20 WC has a bigger chance of crumbling than IPL anyways, this world runs on money.

Not blaming it on the IPL as far as tiredness is concerned, but our players get so high of themselves after they have a good IPL but once the main event comes, they are incredibly shown in poor light because they cant cope with the quality on show in the international event.

Its not just co-incidence that for two consecutive years now, we havent won a single Super Eight match in the T20 WC after playing in the IPL. Its just like a replica of the last year edition.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
West Indies are shutting the door on themselves tbh. They still had a chance coming into this game, but they needed to bat well. That's not happened. Been a dismal batting performance.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Just saw the highlights, they kicked off with SL needing 50 off 20 odd balls to win. Very impressive late hitting to first knock India out, then get the run rate required under control and then to hit that 6 of the last ball to win it.

Users who are viewing this thread