24th Match, Group F: West Indies v Australia at Gros Islet

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Oz could easily rest Tait, Watson, Harris or even Haddin. TP can open with Warner.

You so desperately want India to be knocked out, dont you? What if Sri Lanka beat India by 70 runs? You still want Australia to rest that many people and risk a 87 run defeat which will put them out of the tournament? You might say its not possible with Australia, but this is T20 cricket, an unpredictable format. Any team should look to win their game and Australia are mathematically not yet completely in.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I'd say there's a less than 30% chance of the side changing though. Aussies are big on continuity and they won't be thinking of worst case scenarios - unlike me.

I think continuity is valuable in a tournament like this. Keep the form going, keep the confidence going and keep the domination going. Of course I won't complain if we rest Haddin for Paine where we don't lose too much anyway but if we lose they will be copping it.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
You so desperately want India to be knocked out, dont you? What if Sri Lanka beat India by 70 runs? You still want Australia to rest that many people and risk a 87 run defeat which will put them out of the tournament? You might say its not possible with Australia, but this is T20 cricket, an unpredictable format. Any team should look to win their game and Australia are mathematically not yet completely in.

True, I dont want them in, I want WI in. But I am not asking to rest those mentioned players so Aus loses. Thats not the reason. Reason is, I want Tait and Nannes safe, and fit for Semis and Finals. I want them ready for England. :D And I wanna see them play the whole thing.

And also every 1 was mentioning who can be rested, and I just pointed out few options.

rocky_pratik

Club Cricketer
^^ Bro.Australia is gonna face Pakistan in Semi's and not England fyi

:)

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
MacLovin feels Aussie have already beaten Pakistan.Am I right?

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Aussies should destroy the Windies today! But we still don't know what Gayle and Pollard can do.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Aussies should destroy the Windies today! But we still don't know what Gayle and Pollard can do.

Well the main concern is that Gayle struggles against left arm fast bowlers and Nannes has been in great form so far in this tournament.
Somebody else will have to step up and score some runs.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Sorry West Indies To Disappoint You

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I Think In 10 Overs :laugh

rahulkhush added 6 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

Equation

West Indies Need To Beat Australia By somewhat 30 runs batting first
and

around 15 overs while chasing

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
West Indies need to win by 24 runs batting first. This will give them an NRR of -0.31667. 25 runs will keep both NRRs at -0.3333 and SRL will qualify on head-to-head.

sohum added 2 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

If they're chasing:

Target 100: 16.5 overs
Target 125: 17.0 overs
Target 150: 17.1 overs
Target 175: 17.2 overs
Target 200: 17.3 overs

rocklara

International Coach
Aussies to knock the hosts out of the T20. Windies will lose to an Aussie team which is destined to win it all...

Users who are viewing this thread