2nd PS3 T20 Champions Trophy- Completed

P

pcfan123

just texted Sahil (xtremedesix) will let you know what he says.

RIZZYX

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ok after going through the thread i can see that cheeserani has not even confirmed in this thread regarding taking Pakistan, I allowed him to have Pakistan assuming he has confirmed that he wants Pakistan.

In future I think all players should be required to confirm their participation and the team they want on this thread and only their after they should be allocated that team provided no one else has taken that team before hand.

Last edited:

xtremexdesix

Club Cricketer
damn i missed all the teams..
ok ireland is not bad, havent played in a long time.. looks like some new good players are in the hood now.

hmarka lets play a game tonight bro.. last time i played was gougie 3 weeks ago and that was my only game in last 2-3 months lol

xtremexdesix added 3 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

West Indies are good at seam bowling but their spin options are limited. I would go for

Edwards/Taylor (fast)
Powell (fast medium)
Roach (fast medium)
Baker (medium fast)
Gayle/Benn (spin)

Just a shame that you cant use both Edwards and Taylor.

roach is a skitter.. dangerous bowler in ps3

RIZZYX

International Coach
roach is a skitter.. dangerous bowler in ps3

Right after 2 games with West Indies one where the player quitted on 86/5 (HUZ9) and the other were i bowled Chubbz1229's Srilanka out for under 100,

Iv realied Roach seems extremly dangerous, although the pace does not reflect reality, he bowls max 80mph but seems effective, so watch out for him guys.

Edwards will be my fast bowler for sure, am used to bowling with him in my early days with TG XI.

As for spinners, Ben is not likley to get selected, Ryan Hinds the all rounder has a battig rating of 60 and bowling of 61 and bowls off spin, nothing special but very similer to Ben so I will use Hynds and Gayle as my spinners, Hynds will also strengthen the batting and will allow me to play Baker instead of Pollard who's medium pace are bound to get a pounding.

Iv dropped Ramdin for Chattergoon and will make Sarwan my keeper as his the best feilder after Gayle with a feilding rating of 70.

My first playin XI:

1. C Gayle (85) (C)
2. R Hynds (60)
3. R Sarwan (81) (WK)
4. S Chanderpaul (83)
5. B Nash (74)
6. S Chattergoon (66)
7. L Jackson (Dont knw his real name) (67)
8. L Baker (49)
9. F Edwards (40)
10. K Roach (33)
11. D Powell (30)

So basicly thats 7 genuine batsman, 2 usefull lower order batsman and 2 genuine tail enders. Seems like a descent balance.

Hmarka what do you think of the selection? You seem to know alot about the WI team in Ashes lol

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

The selection is brilliant mate. I used Windies all the time in my early AC09 days. Just make sure to put Hinds into one of the opening spots because I think by default both Gayle and Chanders open the batting and I liked to keep one of the 2 best batman in the middle order.

Will be tough work to bowl spin with the windies. Good luck

krish1712

Club Cricketer
I guess I will take Kenya as nothing else is left except for zimbabwe

lonewolf5646

Club Captain
guys plz add the rule of no fast bowler used by any player in case of lag
this is very important since lag will definitely be there
so plz use this rule since most of us are regular players and know each other we shud follow this rule

for ex- Rizzy and i know that we have huge lag so lets go with no fast bowlers
also Hmarka and i face lag problem(he will beat me otherwise also with lag or no lag) lol

and yes 2 fielders outside after 6 overs shud be compulsory and no advance to spinners even of free hit

gougie

Club Cricketer
Ok after going through the thread i can see that cheeserani has not even confirmed in this thread regarding taking Pakistan, I allowed him to have Pakistan assuming he has confirmed that he wants Pakistan.

In future I think all players should be required to confirm their participation and the team they want on this thread and only their after they should be allocated that team provided no one else has taken that team before hand.

Sorry mate, me and lilas was on msn and he asked me if i new any other players so i text cheesesarnie to see if he was interested and told him the teams available at the time, as i hadnt even seen the thread myself at this point i didnt know who was in and who wasnt, so me and cheesesarnie took S.L and PAK through letting lilas know on msn, and as cheesesarnie was at work at the time, i should have informed people in the thread about are partisipation in the tourney, sorry mate.

RIZZYX

International Coach
guys plz add the rule of no fast bowler used by any player in case of lag
this is very important since lag will definitely be there
so plz use this rule since most of us are regular players and know each other we shud follow this rule

for ex- Rizzy and i know that we have huge lag so lets go with no fast bowlers
also Hmarka and i face lag problem(he will beat me otherwise also with lag or no lag) lol

and yes 2 fielders outside after 6 overs shud be compulsory and no advance to spinners even of free hit

We have only played each other the once, it may well be possible to have a game with each other without much lag, i would very hesitatnt on playing without Edwards or Taylor, it would only leave me with the option of a genuine medium pacer who bowls no faster than 70mph. :noway

gougie

Club Cricketer
Great suggestions gougie...
I think its a good idea to play without a fast bowler against the minnows since it will help make them a little competitive but what about against Zimbabwe who have a fast in Andy Blignaut?

I agree the spinner bowling a no ball is the bowlers fault however discarding the advance shot to spinners is to make it more skill based as it is very easy hitting him out of the ground with the advance shot so to keep it still skill based I think we should continue with no advance shot rule.

Reg field placing i think we are fine with no rules since in the first tourney we never faced a problem with the rule and because of the attacking fields the average score was between 190-230 which is as close to real as possible. However we can add having 2 players outside the circle once the 6 overs of field restrictions r over incase there is a concern of players using attacking fields all throughout.

However these r my suggestions I look forward to feedback from other tourney participants.

Can u also please inform cheeserani and Legendboy20 to confirm participation on forum. We are still left with 3 open slots hope u guys can help them get filled. I think xtremedesi n hkr4ever might be interested if someone can get in touch with them

I think we can let ZIM use Blignaut i have used ZIM in a tourney and Blignaut is only really a f/m bowler and his pace is well down on the real quicks in the game, so i think its fair to let ZIM use him, and for the stronger teams to stick to not using one.
Ive left Legendboy a message but hes not online at min, as regards to confirming his participation, he did mention that you might not want him to play because of connection troubles you and he had.

gougie added 17 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

We have only played each other the once, it may well be possible to have a game with each other without much lag, i would very hesitatnt on playing without Edwards or Taylor, it would only leave me with the option of a genuine medium pacer who bowls no faster than 70mph. :noway

I agree mate a few teams would struggle without being able to use there fast bowler but espeicially you with W.I whos top 2 bowlers are fast, so for teams who have to use a 50/60 rating medium pacer as there 5th bowler, as against someone who can call in a 60/70 rating fast/medium bowler could make a big difference, but if both teams face 4 overs of pace each in laggy conditions, there shouldnt be that much difference in what both teams do against the pace.

AL_Amin

Club Captain
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
hey just came by to confirm that i'll be taking part in this tourny. thanks to gougie for informing me, tbh i would had a clue of this thread existance if it werent for gougie.

lilas11

Club Cricketer
Agree with gougie reg no fast bowler against zim and playing a fast bowler even if game has lag.
Ive left Legendboy a message but hes not online at min, as regards to confirming his participation, he did mention that you might not want him to play because of connection troubles you and he had.
Me and legendboy can be in separate group and hope we can avoid each other in the knockout stages.

Al_amin im guessing ur ok with Zimabawe. is al_amin your PSN ID ?
Also can everyone post there messenger ID's (I would be sending them by PM to all participants so far I have Hmarka, gougie, thandamilk and rizzyx.
Would also be needing regions ur playing from and players u cannot connect with or connect with high lag so we can make the groups accordingly.

So far I have
India: Lilas11, psymax78, lonewolf5646,
UK: gougie, RIZZYX, cheesesarnie, legendboy20
USA: Thandamilk, Leftarmfast, krish1712, xtremedesix

Lilas11
Cannot connect: legendboy20, psymax78
Not checked: xtremedesix, Leftarmfast

Also request all players who havent played each other before to try and play a 5 over game over the weekend so we know who can;t connect with other player... we can start by Monday 1st Feb I think

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

I suggest grouping the US/UK guys together, most of us can connect and lag is a non-issue then

Users who are viewing this thread