3 new videos released for TCP 07/05/06

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
blackleopard92 said:
those hi res aren't high res enough!!!
I want a better resolution!
You really must remember that uploading times and downloading times would be horrific if there was a massively high quality video released. It's just not possible I'm afraid. :(

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
SkateBoarder said:
You really must remember that uploading times and downloading times would be horrific if there was a massively high quality video released. It's just not possible I'm afraid. :(

well, then upload it on rapidshare/megauploads?

I don't know what your grudges are against these site?:(

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
blackleopard92 said:

mate, the highest res videos i could give you would be about 50-100MB per clip, depending on how long...now, to make that into a reel of several clips (as many as the lowres clips) would mean the final video reel could be up to 1GB!!!

Im not going to upload 1GB, i just dont have the time or the spare bandwidth and not many people would sit there and stream a GB down...the last video (number 8 part 2) is a very short clip about 22MB which is the best quality that fraps will give me...if you know of another video capture prog that can get better quality than that and at a higher compression rate please let me know! :p

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
blackleopard92 said:

First of all all those uploading sites are crappy for free- downloaders. The way the videos are being hosted atm is the best option as LM is paying for the bandwidth. Plus it allows for (right-click- save target as) and thats how a game vids are supposed to be hosted, this is called professional hosting in IT terms unlike what you are making out of 100s of free uploading sites available.

legend_master said:
mate, the highest res videos i could give you would be about 50-100MB per clip, depending on how long...now, to make that into a reel of several clips (as many as the lowres clips) would mean the final video reel could be up to 1GB!!!

Im not going to upload 1GB, i just dont have the time or the spare bandwidth and not many people would sit there and stream a GB down...the last video (number 8 part 2) is a very short clip about 22MB which is the best quality that fraps will give me...if you know of another video capture prog that can get better quality than that and at a higher compression rate please let me know! :p
That is the correct way of doing it, other way perhaps would be to capture the uncompressed stream using Fraps and than compressing using Divx or Mpeg-4 codec. But once again I'll stress here that "wmv" is a professional codec and one that comes with windows. Hence on all gaming websites you will find videos in wmv format.
Hope that clears few things for Blackleo.:p

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
no fragger!!!

In fact Divx is the worst compression format, and wmv version 9 is good, but not good enough.

XviD, H264, Real, Quicktime, VP62 & VP70 are the real formats. are the real compression formats.

the best compression format is VP70 fo rlow bitrates.however it isn't free(but that isn't a prob, is it :p)

I would advise u to take H264 compression format, its quicktime priority format.And accessible to all.(but this isn't free too, but that isn't a prob :p)

And even if this dosen't suit u, then try xvid.It's free i think!

http://www.on2.com/technology/on2-difference for VP70

edit:
there is a free compression format I have just found out too.Its the free version of H264 called X264.Offers same quality.
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/x264_Video_Codec.htm

Last edited:

siddharth2002

blackleopard92 said:
no fragger!!!

In fact Divx is the worst compression format, and wmv version 9 is good, but not good enough.

XviD, H264, Real, Quicktime, VP62 & VP70 are the real formats. are the real compression formats.

the best compression format is VP70 fo rlow bitrates.however it isn't free(but that isn't a prob, is it :p)

I would advise u to take H264 compression format, its quicktime priority format.And accessible to all.(but this isn't free too, but that isn't a prob :p)

And even if this dosen't suit u, then try xvid.It's free i think!

http://www.on2.com/technology/on2-difference for VP70
This is not a funny comment but you didn't understand the meaning of when I said Proffesional hosting and professional codec, welcome to the real world. According to you all those gaming websites are idiots not to use above mentioned by you. Go fiigure.

For a change lets not divert the main point of this thread and go surfing on a Technical blabber.

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
siddharth2002 said:
According to you all those gaming websites are idiots not to use above mentioned by you. Go figure.

they are:p

And how do I know why they don't because, if u look at VP70 codec makers website companies like intel, skype, macromedia, XM satelight radio, brightcove, vitalstream, america online , analog devices, sony and many more use this compression format.

Maybe in time those gaming sites might switch to this codec.
The only reason I think they do not may be due to poor info about these new codecs.

Even the mag CD's (that I buy ) recompress those .wmv videos into H264 for better compression.

siddharth2002

blackleopard92 said:
they are:p

And how do I know why they don't because, if u look at VP70 codec makers website companies like intel, skype, macromedia, XM satelight radio, brightcove, vitalstream, america online , analog devices, sony and many more use this compression format.

Maybe in time those gaming sites might switch to this codec.
The only reason I think they do not may be due to poor info about these new codecs.

Even the mag CD's (that I buy ) recompress those .wmv videos into H264 for better compression.
Well I am not continuining this pointless discussion anymore:p:D

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
siddharth2002 said:
Well I am not continuining this pointless discussion anymore:p:D
I understand:p

A little more research says that u need a powerful computer to decode Vp70.
So this may not be ideal.

THis means that we should go with x264, free and powerful, fast too.

Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
blackleopard92 said:
Recompressing video from a lossy format to another will always decrease quality, even if it does save space. I personally don't like WMV but in terms of a format most computers can play without additional codecs it is the best choice here.
From experiance if a user has to install too much additional stuff to play a file they will just give up and go elsewhere (a reason I still use MP3 on my website dispite preferring to use OGG).

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
whitehornmatt said:
Recompressing video from a lossy format to another will always decrease quality, even if it does save space.

I know that, they used to compress videos of about 100Mb to around 50Mb using that codec.

and x246 is the codec of future.

ziad123_2005

Club Cricketer
Lets just continue the way LM is uploading them ok ? You should be thanking him for releasing hi res vids in the first place, not asking for more

dabith

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
ziad123_2005 said:
Lets just continue the way LM is uploading them ok ? You should be thanking him for releasing hi res vids in the first place, not asking for more

I agree with Ziad. No offence to you blackleo, but you come across as very demanding and somewhat ungrateful for all the hard work LM and skateboarder have put in to deliver us such excellent videos. A little more appreciation and a little less demanding would go a long way.

Hardie123123

Club Cricketer
dabith said:
I agree with Ziad. No offence to you blackleo, but you come across as very demanding and somewhat ungrateful for all the hard work LM and skateboarder have put in to deliver us such excellent videos. A little more appreciation and a little less demanding would go a long way.

true true, i want better videos now!, im only joking lol, it would be good to see the best of quality vids

Users who are viewing this thread