Mishit Coverdrive video -small- 04-06-07

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi all,

quick new video to tide over things while we all wait for those fielders!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI6gRcauGDw

high quality download here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?8kttzlugz4j

This shows a mistimed coverdrive that goes in the air and should be caught, but no fielders around yet ahem (cough cough). Shows the new mishit system where normal shots can get air and be caught if mishit.

PS: i recommend viewing the higher quality vid if you can handle the download as you can see the ball much more clearly and the shadow.

LM

Last edited:

Allrounder18

Banned
Very good looking specially the bowler's action it looks fast and fluid, did make changes to the older one.
Another thing is the follow through animation starts too earlier.

No comments about mistime coverdrive it is awesome.

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
dude how fast was that ball coz if tht was 80k or whatever trust me 80k isnt like a fat guy walking to his kitchen trust me make sure like 100k is fast and 125k is hell fast but make sure that like 150k you knw its hell fast but you roughly knw where its going and the line its in. but when its out of the side like in the offside your player might think its might come in or whatever so you get sucked in:rolleyes: sorry for being strict but it has to be done. i love the progress tho:D

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Just keep in mind that using fraps cuts the frame rate in half so that ball would be about twice as fast in game as it appears in the video.

legend_master

Just keep in mind that using fraps cuts the frame rate in half so that ball would be about twice as fast in game as it appears in the video.

thanks, Matt.

Yeah, obviously this is at 30fps - i.e. slow motion - thought that was obvious :rolleyes:

it's a heck of a lot faster (well, double in fact) in real time ;)

D

Deleted member 9102

Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:

legend_master

Very good video, nice animations and the mishit shows the great batting system. Can't wait :).
I'm surprised you can work on the game and refrain from just enjoying the batting :p.

lol, it's a tough job but someone's gotta do it ;)

seriously tho, i do enjoy it...will be much more fun though when the fielders are competitive hehe...

DJ Ager

International Cricketer
that is awesome, the bowling and batting gameplay is amazing putting EA and Codemasters to shame,

Brilliant work

Can't wait till it's completion

how long do you think the fielding gameplay will take roughly?

Great Work, Good Luck, I think it's great what you guys are doing

legend_master

that is awesome, the bowling and batting gameplay is amazing putting EA and Codemasters to shame,

Brilliant work

Can't wait till it's completion

how long do you think the fielding gameplay will take roughly?

Great Work, Good Luck, I think it's great what you guys are doing

hard to say, mate. Could be a month, could be 2...not sure yet...too hard to call...wont be easy, but hopefully wont be too hard..is that cryptic enough? ;)

cnbd_novice

International Coach
Quality video mate, cheers. I suppose this video is only one of the several videos that will be released in the next few weeks ;)?

holmie

Club Cricketer
wow really imressed with the graphics. seriously looks awsome. btw are you gonna keep the batsmens confidence box in the bottom left? cuz in my opinion it would look better in top left. but apart from that cant wait for more videos.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
That was really good. Nice to see not all shots are played perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread