Mishit Coverdrive video -small- 04-06-07

Allrounder18

Banned
Hey LM can you upload the alpha or pre alpha version of the game? cannt wait to try the mechanics of both bowling and batting.
pls upload it even without the fielders we dont mind them.

how many of you guys wanted to test the mechanics of the current game?

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Online Cricket Games Owned
There is no fielding yet so it either went for four or stopped completely (as with all other shots)

correct, Matt. I think from memory it went for 4. If you watch carefully you can see that it was hit with some venom, despite getting too much air. Still would have made the boundary i'd say, especially with no fielders to stop it. :D

D

Deleted member 11215

paul how is the gameplay coded atm? will it be editable in notepad?

Btw nice vid i cant wait until this is complete and i can woop the aussies :p

Almost_Austwick

International Captain
Nice animation - looking good. It's a shame that a company hasn't picked up on this and thrown some money your way, judging by the attention to detail this game has enormous potential.

rabeta

News Team Member
Really good insight into how the game is going. Keep it up guys. Really good animation only thing I would say is that the bowler seems to just stop and then start walking just after he has bowled rather than following through, but maybe these kind of things were already being planned to be worked on. Other than that, great work :) Well Done.

Allrounder18

Banned
Really good insight into how the game is going. Keep it up guys. Really good animation only thing I would say is that the bowler seems to just stop and then start walking just after he has bowled rather than following through, but maybe these kind of things were already being planned to be worked on. Other than that, great work :) Well Done.

Yeah the exactly point I made ,but it looks like LM unable to understand my faulty English lol:D

Keep up the good work and let us inform about the new innovations.

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Yeah the exactly point I made ,but it looks like LM unable to understand my faulty English lol:D

Keep up the good work and let us inform about the new innovations.

The bowler runup/action/follow through has been discussed numerous times and is going to be fixed up later on. I just got really sick of working on animations and needed to move on as it was bogging me down. But i will definately be revisiting it at a later stage.

Toecrusher

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
The games looking awesome - really appreciate your efforts! Just a couple of animation-things to improve on if possible (don't know whether this in your plans to fix in the future so apologise if it is)

1) The batsman's feet when playing the drive seem to 'slide' too much as if they're on ice

2) Can the cover drive animation be improved to make it look more 'classical'? Right now the batsman is leaning back when playing it whereas in real-life it more like 'big step and head over the ball' like this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnLMXQMwNkI

I know you're doing the animations by hand and not motion capture, but just thought I'd point it out in case you can change it....just want the shot to look more 'beautiful' that's all :):)

Really looking forward to the next video btw!!

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
1) The batsman's feet when playing the drive seem to 'slide' too much as if they're on ice

yup...this has been taken note of a long time ago ! will be looked into in the future :)

2) Can the cover drive animation be improved to make it look more 'classical'? Right now the batsman is leaning back when playing it whereas in real-life it more like 'big step and head over the ball' like this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnLMXQMwNkI

as you said...its been done by-hand...so its a tough job getting the anims to be life-like and fluid ! also, most of the things are been done by LM....so its not easy to get everything perfect !!!

Brett_Lee

International Coach
That vid looks awesome LM. The game is looking so good now. I cant wait for the release....

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
LM, i hope you know that you can take videos in fraps at higher frame rate also ? select the custom option and enter the framerate ! ! ! ! ! !If your graphics card allows at that particular resolution, it should capture at full quality ! thats what i can do with fraps with FIFa 07, capture at 60fps !

Users who are viewing this thread