AFL Live 2 Announced

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
given the time it takes to make a game you would understand this deal was done two years ago.

NoLeName

PlanetCricket Writing Team
This is what I believe to be the most popular sport in each state, not certain though:

QLD - Rugby League
NSW - Rugby League
VIC - AFL
SA - AFL
WA - AFL/Cricket?
TAS - Cricket
NT - AFL
ACT - Rugby League/Union?

AFL is apparently the most popular, followed by cricket. Or so I have heard.

NoLeName

PlanetCricket Writing Team
AFL wins in Tassie too, I'd say

Yeah I don't know much about what goes down in Tassie, just presumed cricket because it is the only sport in which they have a team. Although Hawthorn play there occasionally, don't they?

Shane109

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
given the time it takes to make a game you would understand this deal was done two years ago.

So basically you knew within months of the first one being released that you weren't making the follow up? What happens then, does development on the AFL Technology just stop completely?

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
afl isn't a sport you nongs

Well, not the way Carlton play at the moment :(

So basically you knew within months of the first one being released that you weren't making the follow up? What happens then, does development on the AFL Technology just stop completely?

I never say never and there is a next-generation of machines in our offices... I am too big a fan to walk from it without a fight.

Shane109

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I never say never and there is a next-generation of machines in our offices... I am too big a fan to walk from it without a fight.

That's good to hear. AFL Live is still the game that spends the longest in my PS3, and while it wasn't perfect, it was easily the closest us AFL fans have had. And it may sound odd, but the imperfections or lacking areas were always easier to handle with the idea that you guys were always listening and taking everything on board to fix our concerns for the future. And to be honest, as much as i love cricket and can't wait to spend many nights with my mates chasing down totals, while i've been going through all the options in Cricket Academy, the back of my mind had always been going back to AFL thinking "If this sort of thing is in the next AFL game I'll need new pants."

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
This is what I believe to be the most popular sport in each state, not certain though:

QLD - Rugby League
NSW - Rugby League
VIC - AFL
SA - AFL
WA - AFL/Cricket?
TAS - Cricket
NT - AFL
ACT - Rugby League/Union?

AFL is apparently the most popular, followed by cricket. Or so I have heard.

I don't think makes sens to compare cricket with any of the football codes as pretty much all states and territories are cricket fans. Only soccer competes directly with cricket by being played at the same time. Soccer is growing in popularity across the board but not by enough to be close to the most popular sport in any specific state.

It's also hard comparing league and union since domestically league is bigger but when the Wallabies are playing that's bigger.

You generally got it right though. We should be happy that we live in a sport that is only rivalled by America for sporting diversity. Who wants a country with just one fanatical sport when you can have many :D

timchrist984

Club Captain
That's good to hear. AFL Live is still the game that spends the longest in my PS3, and while it wasn't perfect, it was easily the closest us AFL fans have had. And it may sound odd, but the imperfections or lacking areas were always easier to handle with the idea that you guys were always listening and taking everything on board to fix our concerns for the future. And to be honest, as much as i love cricket and can't wait to spend many nights with my mates chasing down totals, while i've been going through all the options in Cricket Academy, the back of my mind had always been going back to AFL thinking "If this sort of thing is in the next AFL game I'll need new pants."

Are you the guy on my ps3 friends list with the status in German "ich tu dir weh"?

Users who are viewing this thread