Asia Cup March 2011/12

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
So he can do this to the umpires?? He is too arrogant like Ponting in his initial years. Needs to mature a bit.

[url]http://www.firstpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/kohli-middle-finger_getty.jpg[/url] [IMG][/QUOTE]

Remember Ganguly's Lord's act? He was captain then. Aggression is what India needs from the captain, and Dhoni has killed all his aggression for some new game that doesnt suit him.

Addy

National Board President
We can't bear Missball haq in LOIs anymore. Need ti bring in new openers in Shehzad and Jamshed. Blood in some young Quicks in Rahat Ali and Sadaf.

SLICKR392

Club Captain
So the Indian squad has been confirmed for the Asia Cup.

M.S Dhoni *?
S.Tendulkar
V.Kohli (vc)
G.Gambhir
R.Sharma (Rohit)
R.Jadeja
S.Raina
Y.Pathan
I.Pathan
R.Ashwin
P.Kumar
V.Kumar
R.Sharma (Rahul)
A.Dindia
M.Tiwary

Good to see Yusuf back. Resting Veeru in SC conditions isn't a fair deal IMO.

Last edited:

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
India's bowling looks thin in my opinion. We have Vinay, Praveen, Irfan who bowls at same speed and then there is Dinda who is quick but not as quick as Yadav and he is inexperienced as well.

For opening, I would go with Yusuf and Sachin since Yusuf is being wasted anyway lower down the order so it will be better just to send him to open the innings.

Yusuf
Sachin
Gambhir
Kohli
Raina
Dhoni
Jadeja/Rohit
Ashwin/Rahul
Irfan
Praveen/Vinay
Dinda

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Good chance for Sachin to score his 100 against Bangladesh.I am not expecting anything from Pakistan now may b Bangladesh will defeat us.Sri Lanka are favorites for me but India cannot be considered less

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well for me the ideal lineup would be

Gambhir
Tendulkar
Kohli
Manoj Tiwari/Yusuf/Jadeja
Rohit Sharma
Suresh Raina
MS Dhoni
R Ashwin
I Pathan
Vinay/Dinda
Praveen

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Good chance for Sachin to score his 100 against Bangladesh.

I don't understand this. Sachin has hit almost every bowler of every team out of the park. It's not like we were playing Australia that is why he could not score century but he is going through a bad phase plus he is getting older so his footwork and hand-eye coordination is not as strong as it was like 2 years ago. It does not matter if it's Bangladesh or Australia or South Africa, it depends on how positive he while playing on the particular day.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Good decision to DROP Sehwag and rest Zaheer Khan. In fact, I would take a call on Zaheer's ODI career and have him concentrate completely on test cricket, and I would have a few hard words with him regarding his fitness (if I were the selector). His fitness is pathetic. But resting Yadav is stupid to me. And they have picked both Praveen and Vinay whose slow medium on subcontinent pitches could be fodder for the batsman (already Irfan is there too). Is it a rule that they pick only one fast medium bowler, and the rest slow mediums? Does Dhoni have a fetish for slow medium bowlers?

Sachin's case is getting out of hand. I wish India qualify for the final in the CB series, Sachin scores a hundred and then announces retirement from ODI's. Its clear he is playing for that 100th ton. Rohit Sharma and Raina again get chances to inflate their averages. And I dont expect Dhoni to play Tiwary as much (because it will mean Rohit and Raina the overhyped boys are not as good).

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
"I don't want to talk about
speculation. You have seen them play games. From time to time, physios take physical test of players on tour and the physio has given his report that Sehwag and Zaheer have been rested purely on injury grounds," chief selector Krishnamachari Srikkanth said in Mumbai while announcing the team for Asia Cup on Wednesday.

Srikkanth went all out to dismiss talks that the under-performing Sehwag was handed the axe from the Asia Cup. He clarified that the struggling opener's appalling form down under had no role in his missing the flight to Dhaka.

Sorry, Sai, Sehwag is not DROPPED.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Yeah, rested due to injury, and both Sehwag and Zaheer have continued on to play in the CB series. When one of the reporters asked this question to Srikanth (on why Sehwag and Zaheer were not recalled back from Australia if they were injured), Srikanth flared up and asked the reporter to SHUT UP!!! I can understand that Zaheer is injured (he looked way less than 100% in the last match and yet he played, which shows very troublesome signs for Indian cricket that an injured player has to play forcefully), but Sehwag doesnt look in any kind of discomfort and if at all he needs form and confidence, Asia Cup and the comfort of subcontinent conditions are the best place for him to regain his lost form.

So according to me, Sehwag is DROPPED!!

SLICKR392

Club Captain
Viru isn't dropped. BCCI aren't fools to not to include Viru in a tournament in the sub continent. He is unfit. Waz had mentioned about his fitness in the previous IndvsAus match. If they would have dropped Veeru then they would have dropped Sachin aswell.

The blunder in the line up is..by any chance Dhoni gets banned due to over rate or he gets injured, who would take over as the Wicket Keeper?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Viru isn't dropped. BCCI aren't fools to not to include Viru in a tournament in the sub continent. He is unfit. Waz had mentioned about his fitness in the previous IndvsAus match. If they would have dropped Veeru then they would have dropped Sachin aswell.

The blunder in the line up is..by any chance Dhoni gets banned due to over rate or he gets injured, who would take over as the Wicket Keeper?

Oh, just noticed that India dont have a reserve wicketkeeper. Shocking!!! I guess they are going on the assumption that subcontinent conditions means more usage of spinners and so better over rates. But what if Dhoni gets injured? They need a second wicketkeeper. Could have dropped Rohit Sharma and drafted in Dinesh Karthik.

SLICKR392

Club Captain
Oh, just noticed that India dont have a reserve wicketkeeper. Shocking!!! I guess they are going on the assumption that subcontinent conditions means more usage of spinners and so better over rates. But what if Dhoni gets injured? They need a second wicketkeeper. Could have dropped Rohit Sharma and drafted in Dinesh Karthik.

Manoj Tiwary might not get a game in the Asia Cup aswell so why keep him? They should have kept Uthappa or Karthik on the reserve bench.

Users who are viewing this thread