Asia Cup March 2011/12

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah, rested due to injury, and both Sehwag and Zaheer have continued on to play in the CB series. When one of the reporters asked this question to Srikanth (on why Sehwag and Zaheer were not recalled back from Australia if they were injured), Srikanth flared up and asked the reporter to SHUT UP!!! I can understand that Zaheer is injured (he looked way less than 100% in the last match and yet he played, which shows very troublesome signs for Indian cricket that an injured player has to play forcefully), but Sehwag doesnt look in any kind of discomfort and if at all he needs form and confidence, Asia Cup and the comfort of subcontinent conditions are the best place for him to regain his lost form.

So according to me, Sehwag is DROPPED!!
Did you see the video footage where Srikanth asked the reporter to shut up? I have seen it and he was asked whether Sehwag will play the finals of CB Series if India qualifies. He replied that he has no idea about it right now. The reported insisted that he wants a clear reply on it and then Srikanth said, "Oh please just shut up now, okay!".

In an interview he gave exclusively to AajTak, he said that just before the selection he talked to Sehwag and Sehwag said that he is ready to play but will be nice if is given a break to regain complete fitness as his back is troubling him again.

The team physio has said that Sehwag and Zaheer will play the finals of the CB Series if India qualifies, but the team did not wish to risk them in an entirely new tournament.

----------

Manoj Tiwary might not get a game in the Asia Cup aswell so why keep him? They should have kept Uthappa or Karthik on the reserve bench.
Manoj Tiwary should get a game ahead of Suresh Raina. But if the team management don't wish to play him again then either Parthiv or Dinesh Karthik should have been selected IMO.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Is Virender Sehwag really unfit for Asia Cup? - The Times of India
I have already read that article. When the team was announced, even I was convinced that Sehwag is dropped, but after hearing Srikkanth say that Sehwag himself asked to be rested to gain complete fitness, I felt that Sehwag is indeed rested and not dropped.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Virender Sehwag: "My injury is open for everyone to see. I have never hidden my injury before, or fitness problems. Even my shoulder operation was planned after consulting the then coach Gary Kirsten and skipper MS Dhoni (sic)."

Atharv

Club Cricketer
Viru isn't dropped. BCCI aren't fools to not to include Viru in a tournament in the sub continent. He is unfit. Waz had mentioned about his fitness in the previous IndvsAus match.

IMO, Sehwag has been dropped. Panga with Dhoni has cost Sehwag a place in team and Gambhir his deputy-skipper position.

If they would have dropped Veeru then they would have dropped Sachin aswell.

That is wishful thinking. If Sachin says he is available for the selection, they will pick him in the team , irrespective of Sehwag's presence or absence in the team.

The blunder in the line up is..by any chance Dhoni gets banned due to over rate or he gets injured, who would take over as the Wicket Keeper?

Yes, if that happens, somebody like Rohit sharma will have to keep the wickets.But with spinners bowling a lot of overs, Dhoni may not have trouble with over rate .

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Well, incase Dhoni gets banned for a match for slow over rate, BCCI will fly in Parthiv for sure. He is not far away from Bangladesh is he?

Also Sehwag dropper or rest who the fearsome tweak cares? I would have liked to see him in the ODI and Test squad atleast in SC. He is a beast as Raina in SC conditions. I have echoed my voice before , he is unfit and a pain in a** kind of player in overseas condition but in SC you cannot rest or drop Sehwag. He should have taken rest in IPL as he did last year but obviously money.................

Tiwari/Jadeja/Yousuf all fighting for a place but that bastard Jadeja still in the side I feel he will make it or to say the least Yousuf has a better chance.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
He played the pull shot well enough against Lanka . Now he has back spasms .

Dhoni emerges stronger with BCCI backing - The Times of India
:facepalm

My goodness! This is negativity at it's very best.

----------

BTW what do you guys think of Ashwin? I used to like some months back and was happy to see Bhajji dropped. But Ashwin was/is far from impressive in Australia.
Time to bring Harbhajan back?

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Well.. Well.. Sachin will get his best chance to score his much awaited century against Bangladesh.....

hmm.. The New aggressive captain of Pakistan can be the one who lead the side in the last world cup but it seems that currently Misbah will retain the captaincy.

Users who are viewing this thread