Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Test drawn, Aus win ODI

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Test drawn, Bangladesh win ODI

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
It's all over Hogg comes in and wraps it up.

Good knock by Cosgrove, has to be in the WC squad now. He can basically bat anywhere and do it well. I wouldn't mind Cosgrove at opener over you know who ;)

genghis_khan

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
well done australia.

a great summer where we once again swept all before us...world ix and the windies were a walkover, south africa challenged us at home before we put them back in their place and them humiliated them on their own soil, did a number on the kiwis in december, once again we won the vb series *yawn* and turned the bangers into mash.

we are so brilliant its not funny its sad :D

sid_19840

International Coach
Good work by Australia,they showed how proffesional they were even though they had already won the series.From Bangla's viewpoint,although they started postively in the first test and showed that they belong in the world stage,their performance has been drooping down ever since.They need to have more faith in themselves,and their batting especially needs vast improvements.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Well over to the winter sports for us Aussies. It's been a good comeback since the Ashes loss although not impressed with us bringing back Martyn. Cosgrove has finally been introduced as has Cullen and Johnson so hopefully all 3 build on from this tour.

There is some A games for us talent watchers to look forward to in July.

genghis_khan

International Cricketer
aussie1st said:

is that when Inida A, SAF A and NZ A tour australia?

that should be a good series, we can watch Hilfenhaus and Bollinger totally dominate with the new ball :)

James219

International Cricketer
aussie1st said:

Yeah, I was happy about that, finally the A side are taking after some of the other nations by participating more in these matches, it's great experience for the emerging players as it's a step-up in levels, and a chance to gain an insight into how people from other parts of the world approach their game.

dizzy92 said:
they threw there wickets away, there was a lot of dumb shot selection

Well, that's quite often the case with Bangladesh...

genghis_khan said:

that should be a good series, we can watch Hilfenhaus and Bollinger totally dominate with the new ball :)

And Johnson! :p Nah, if Hilfenhaus is selected it'll be very interesting to see what kind of pace he generates, and how he combines that with swing/consistency.
I'm assuming these matches will be broadcasted by Channel Nine :) :upray

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
genghis_khan said:

Yep, India A should be a good contest as those Indians have heaps of talent going around.

genghis_khan

International Cricketer
James219 said:
And Johnson! :p Nah, if Hilfenhaus is selected it'll be very interesting to see what kind of pace he generates, and how he combines that with swing/consistency.
I'm assuming these matches will be broadcasted by Channel Nine :) :upray

johnson isnt in the squad because of county commitments :(

Hilfenhaus bowled extremely well last summer, obviously enjoys swinging atmosphere but he is a good prospect...should go alright. :D

i doubt it will be on tv :(

James219

International Cricketer
genghis_khan said:
johnson isnt in the squad because of county commitments :(

Hilfenhaus bowled extremely well last summer, obviously enjoys swinging atmosphere but he is a good prospect...should go alright. :D

i doubt it will be on tv :(

Oh yeah, true, that was announced a while ago....:(
I suppose Nine wouldn't receive enough revenue through televising A matches; mainly because of the idiots who only care about the int'l fixtures and don't know what's going on elsewhere :mad:

kodos

International Coach
I'd doubt foxtel or any other pay tv will broadcast the 'A' matches. Usually they would broadcast the footy, soccer or some other sports. Should be an interesting series though.

James219

International Cricketer
But the annoying thing is, if they do happen to broadcast the 'A' matches on FTA, the speedometer will be absent as it has been in the past, so we won't be able to see exactly how quick Bollinger, for example, bowls. :(

Users who are viewing this thread