aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Chappell-Hadlee Series 2005-06

3 Dec 1st ODI Auckland (D/N)

7 Dec 2nd ODI Wellington (D/N)

10 Dec 3rd ODI Christchurch (D/N)

Squads
NZ
Stephen Fleming (captain), Nathan Astle, Lou Vincent, Hamish Marshall, James Marshall, Scott Styris, Craig McMillan, Brendon McCullum, Chris Cairns, Jacob Oram, Daniel Vettori, Kyle Mills, James Franklin, Shane Bond

Aus
Ricky Ponting (c), Adam Gilchrist (vc), Nathan Bracken, Stuart Clark, Michael Clarke, Brad Hodge, Brad Hogg, Michael Hussey, Simon Katich, Michael Lewis, Brett Lee, Andrew Symonds, Cameron White

Oram is back to full fitness and is bowling again. Fleming is a bit of an injury concern currently. Here is hoping NZ are full strength for once against Aus.

Last edited:

Lucky

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Obviously, we all know what is going to happen! A 3-0 whitewash to the Aussies!! C'mon LEE!!

jarl

International Captain
Cant wait to see Bond back into action, he will be the only New Zealander who could win this series for them, Australia are just too good at the moment.

kodos

International Coach
This series could pose a surprise. I feel Australia will win either 3-0 or lose 2-1. Great to see Bond back who has constantly troubled the aus batsmans when the 2 teams play. Also great to see Cairns back and hope he fires.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I wouldn't take the Kiwis lightly. Last time they were understrength and beat us once and could have won the 2nd game.
With Cairns back they will be even better especially since he always lifts against us.
Bond will be the interesting one. He wasn't in great form against SA but knowing the Kiwi spirit hes bound to be back at his best.
I've been waiting for Bond to get back though, about time we got rid of the demons he has given us :p

jarl

International Captain
They are going to get thrashed, the only good thing in Bond and Oram, there batting lineup seems so weak at the moment, especially when u hear Vetorri wants to open.

Last edited:

angryangy

ICC Chairman
NZ are in good form and they did well at this last year. If this was a Test series, I'd say 2-0 Aus, but I think NZ can win an ODI.

irottev

School Cricketer
Australia are a good side. They are a better side then we are. But in the past we have managed to beat the Australians on a few occasions. The last Chappell-Hadlee series was a Draw. 1-1 due to a washed out match. Anything can happen.

Its damn good to see Cairns back. He deserved it. We needed him in South Africa. Someone like him could of finished off those first few games and won us the series.

We are a strong ODI unit. We will put up a good fight. Test, yeah I would agree with 2-0 definatly. Test-wise we havn't been dominant yet really despite the record against Zimbabwe :/

To the rude people above. Ok have your opinions. You think we suck. We were the most sucessful ODI team last year and we didn't even have Bond then. Our batting line-up is not weak. Its extremly strong. We have a very long lineup. In my opinion Stephen Fleming is one of the best cricketers going around at the moment. His injury will be a huge loss for the first match. Astle is world class, Cairns also. I would agree our middle order of Styris, McMillan and Marshall arn't renouned as being great batsmen but they do their job. I think the fact that Vettori said he is willing to open and work on that shows the strength. He opens for his provincial side and has been sucessful.

I don't expect us to win the series. I think we will win at least 1 game. GO NZ

jazz

Panel of Selectors
the aussies are world class, i expect them to beat us in this seires

the only way we have a chance is if we hit them hard in the first odi and win it, if we lose the 1st odi then its australais series

irottev

School Cricketer
I am so happy that Cairns got back. He deserved it to. He only missed 1 series and now for the first time in about a year hes fully fit.

I am going to the third game. YEAH!. Last time I saw Daniel Vettori smash 83 runs, his highest total but we still lost by a good margin :(

Users who are viewing this thread