Videocon Cup

Who will win the Tri-Nation in Zimbabwe?

• Zimbabwe

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 29 50.0%
  • India

Votes: 25 43.1%

• Total voters

woosaah

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
all these people bagging india, its not right. even when new zealand were getting thumped in every facet against aussie i was supporting them. don't just support your team when the win thats not a true supporter.

Anyway some of what i read has taken the gloss off a wonderful perfomance by the new zealand team, i enjoyed the whole series, even the one we did lose against india on friday!

as for bond getting man of the series, he was lucky it could have gone to kaif or nera but bond bowled well in all his games he played in, kaif had a faliure or two, and nehra had a shocker in the last game. Bond at least bowled consistantly and that made him a huge threat in my opinion

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
aussie1st said:
You should bet all your cash on Clarke for top batter. 9/1. You would fly past everyone if it comes off. :D I put 300 cause I don't want to be on $0 again. Plus I also put cash on Ponting and Tres to get top batter.

I know only one person: Warne. :cool: You can do your math how much I will earn if I put almost all my money in. Rangeela can earn 4808 if he post all his money on Warne :eek:

woosaah said:
all these people bagging india, its not right. even when new zealand were getting thumped in every facet against aussie i was supporting them. don't just support your team when the win thats not a true supporter.

I already explained that once. True supporters back up their team even if it's down.

UsmanCHADDA

County Cricketer
Indiangod needs to look at the current ICC Rankings :rolleyes:

Reaching the final does not mean the team is 2nd best in the world. Pakistan reached the 99 WC final, but I would not have considered that team the 2nd best.

Indiangod

International Coach
Ok then I can tell you know that India are not second best in the world in odis, they are not playing like it I would think new zealand, england, or the sri lankans are second or third best right now.

In tests after the India vs england test series in India, it would show whos the second best.

And A true Indian supperter would not say the team suck, weather they win or lose you should always support and back them. Indias got a team with greats and quality players, tendulkar, dravid, ganguly, laxman, ganguly, kumble, h singh, pathan and others.

All India needs is one good tournment win and tendulkar back thats when it will really kick off for India.

ZoraxDoom said:
Sure it wont...since when have we been saying this...2003? :rolleyes:

I dont care when you lot have been sayin this, and yesy it not going to last for long, so stop picking on India, I can name other countries vs countries have lost many and consecative finals.

UsmanCHADDA

County Cricketer
Indiangod said:
Ok then I can tell you know that India are not second best in the world in odis, they are not playing like it I would think new zealand, england, or the sri lankans are second or third best right now.

In tests after the India vs england test series in India, it would show whos the second best.

And A true Indian supperter would not say the team suck, weather they win or lose you should always support and back them. Indias got a team with greats and quality players, tendulkar, dravid, ganguly, laxman, ganguly, kumble, h singh, pathan and others.

All India needs is one good tournment win and tendulkar back thats when it will really kick off for India.

I dont care when you lot have been sayin this, and yesy it not going to last for long, so stop picking on India, I can name other countries vs countries have lost many and consecative finals.

Go on, name some countries who have won only a single final in the past six years :cool:

Indiangod

International Coach
I said losing to the same side in finals, pakistans lost 7 times in a row vs the austrlalians you can even check out the stats.

India havent won a final since 2002 and has I am an Indian fan myslef it hurts to see that we have'nt won a final since 2002, but in the past few months India has improved and I am sure that they can get rid of the final jinx.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Indiangod said:
India havent won a final since 2002 and has I am an Indian fan myslef it hurts to see that we have'nt won a final since 2002, but in the past few months India has improved and I am sure that they can get rid of the final jinx.

Which India you've been watching?

Also India is in such bad shape the cricket board of India has started a review in this: http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/india/content/story/218391.html

UsmanCHADDA

County Cricketer
Indiangod said:
I said losing to the same side in finals, pakistans lost 7 times in a row vs the austrlalians you can even check out the stats.

Thats Australia you are talking about mate. Playing against the Aussies is not an easy job. And seriously I dont rate Pakistan on par with Australia or even England.

Tell me how many times India have been whipped by the Aussies in ODIs? A new record or something :rolleyes:

andyptl18

Club Cricketer
Usman Chadda i think the fact that u r a Pakistan fan (anti-indian) i showing
but the fact still remains that India is a good ODI team and bashing them like this is not legit cuz then Hayden should definitly have some pages under his great Ashes 2005 performances
also if the world cup doesnt decide who is good (for ODI) and who is bad then which series does, what cup only comes every 4 years

PS- yes i was defending India for the bashing goin on against them
also nightprowler-GO CUBBIES!!!

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
India is a bad ODI side now.

But I would concider them the 2nd best ODI side of 2003.
They beat all teams except Australia.Not like Pakistan loosing to Bangladesh & reaching the finals.

The way Indians played in WC 2003 was better than the way Pakistan played in WC 99.

The main problem for India is inconsistancy.

& also in this series it's the seniors who have failed.
Youngsters like Yuvraj,Kaif & Dhoni have been the best players for India.

Pakistan fan (anti-indian) are taking this as an opportunity for bashing India.
I would like them to remember all WC encounters between the 2 teams & the India tour of Pakistan 2004.
Forget the rest & rest in peace.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
We have not won just in the finals of both this series.

If you look at the overall picture, we have had enormous positives from both these series. The finals have also been close affairs (though I am not taking it as a defence for India!). The team is showing lot of promise but they've not been able to deliver in the finals!

So fans (by fans, I mean true Indian supporters!) have the right to expect the turnaround in the tournament victories for India!

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
well this prob came with pak too. I mean we had a damn good squad for the WC but it failed i mean this is not a bad side:

* Saeed Anwar
* Taufeeq Umar
* Saleem Elahi
* Younis Khan
* Yousuf Youhana
* Inzamam-ul-Haq
* Shahid Afridi
* Abdur Razzaq
* Azhar Mahmood
* Wasim Akram
* Rashid Latif
* Waqar Younis
* Mohammad Sami
* Shoaib Akhtar
* Saqlain Mushtaq

we have alot of talent but the problem was that that team didn't even have it to the final 6!! theres plenty of talent there...things like this happen all you can do is forget about it and hope for the best in the next world cup and pak have done that. when all these new players came in they didn't look like the best but they've been playing for 2 and a half years now and they're improving...

Users who are viewing this thread