Videocon Cup

Who will win the Tri-Nation in Zimbabwe?

• Zimbabwe

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 29 50.0%
  • India

Votes: 25 43.1%

• Total voters

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
UsmanCHADDA said:
Again India shows how successfully they choke in the finals. Some Indians here are too much supportive of their team. How can you be so happy even when your team keeps losing finals? Whats the big deal in getting through a tournament, working hard to get to the finals and then lose when it matters the most?
Yep. Even my friend, who has to be the best and proudest Indian fan there is(hell he is supporting Australia in the ashes because England ruled India at one stage:p) has joined my "Strip india of ODI status club" at school...

Indiangod

International Coach
UsmanCHADDA said:
Again India shows how successfully they choke in the finals. Some Indians here are too much supportive of their team. How can you be so happy even when your team keeps losing finals? Whats the big deal in getting through a tournament, working hard to get to the finals and then lose when it matters the most?

Thats a lot off rubbish talk, and India are not chockers. If they were chockers the final then it would not have been a close econounter which in the Indian-oil and videocon cup final was. Or it would not have been one-sided.

Its goes to show we played better then the rest when we went through to the finals, like in world cup 2003.

A true Indian supperter wouldent back out, even if India does keep losing finals.

So you're wrong my friend.

ZoraxDoom said:
Yep. Even my friend, who has to be the best and proudest Indian fan there is(hell he is supporting Australia in the ashes because England ruled India at one stage:p) has joined my "Strip india of ODI status club" at school...

Dont forget India is still second best since they was runners up in the 2003 world cup so that makes them second, but Indias not playing like 2nd best.

Last edited:

vibs89

School Cricketer
All I can say Indian Never ever gonna win the finals. Cause 90% of Indians Match are Match Fixing and when they come to final. They end up lossing and collect the cash from Big Bookies. Beleive me or not. If you at this link and have a look at it. Indians have come to finals 16 times from 2000 till now. And have won only once and lost 12 times. Atleast have shame on Indians players. 90% of Indians Matches are fixes. Even todays were also fixed.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
vibs89 said:
All I can say Indian Never ever gonna win the finals. Cause 90% of Indians Match are Match Fixing and when they come to final. They end up lossing and collect the cash from Big Bookies. Beleive me or not. If you at this link and have a look at it. Indians have come to finals 16 times from 2000 till now. And have won only once and lost 12 times. Atleast have shame on Indians players. 90% of Indians Matches are fixes. Even todays were also fixed.

Series over! On to the Zimbabwean tests! waste of time discussing here now!

Indiangod said:
Thats a lot off rubbish talk, and India are not chockers. If they were chockers the final then it would not have been a close econounter which in the Indian-oil and videocon cup final was. Or it would not have been one-sided.

Its goes to show we played better then the rest when we went through to the finals, like in world cup 2003.

A true Indian supperter wouldent back out, even if India does keep losing finals.

So you're wrong my friend.

Dont forget India is still second best since they was runners up in the 2003 world cup so that makes them second, but Indias not playing like 2nd best.

Sorry friend, I dont know why but I feel sometimes you repeat the same words posted by me with different adjectives!

UsmanCHADDA said:

who said we're happy on India losing finals? whenever India lose a final, we also have all that criticism directed on the team. But we react only when the criticism on the team is too harsh or unfair (which it has been so far!). India have been a poor ODI side in recent times, agreed! But when you compare their game in the past few years and in the new season, the improvement has been there to see. Which we see but which others fail to see due to the team's final hurdle!

Dhoni

School Cricketer
The only thing I want to say is.....INDIA SUCKS!!!!

andyptl18

Club Cricketer
INDIA should be stripped of their ODI status!!!! i m sorry ZoraxDoom maybe i missed this
tell me again Was it Flintoff bowling in the WC2003 Final?
or was it Balaji?
u guys are just flying high right now cuz Englands got some good mathes in (i give them their deserved credit) but this has to be the topping on the cake to take India's ODI status
maybe ZIM,Bangla,West Indies etc should not be considered a team in international cricket then

irottev

School Cricketer
Wow Astle, brilliant. What a great game. I saw great innings from Sehwag and Kaif and then I got to see Fleming and Astle smash the Indian pacemen all over the place. Styris also batted well and Vincent finished things off nicely. Only part time bowlers got wickets and they had to bowl 10 overs each due to the medium fasts's inability to bowl good line and length. India got enough runs (although they were probably looking at 300 at one stage). Had they got 300 I still think we would of won. We were in control the whole innings.

Kaif played well but losing teams don't usually get player of the series. They could of picked Astle, Fleming, Bond, Vettori. They all played well in every game. Bond did bowl consistantly, what are you on about? His economy rate and average for the series are fantastic.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
irottev said:
Wow Astle, brilliant. What a great game. I saw great innings from Sehwag and Kaif and then I got to see Fleming and Astle smash the Indian pacemen all over the place. Styris also batted well and Vincent finished things off nicely. Only part time bowlers got wickets and they had to bowl 10 overs each due to the medium fasts's inability to bowl good line and length. India got enough runs (although they were probably looking at 300 at one stage). Had they got 300 I still think we would of won. We were in control the whole innings.

Kaif played well but losing teams don't usually get player of the series. They could of picked Astle, Fleming, Bond, Vettori. They all played well in every game. Bond did bowl consistantly, what are you on about? His economy rate and average for the series are fantastic.

Tendulkar received Player of the tournament in the WC2003 when Australia won the tournament!

To be fair - Kaif was a much better player than Bond in this series. Yes, his averages are fantastic but I think the factor in favor of him was his 6-19 against India directed all the talk about him being India's destroyer!!! And he hasnt shed off that tag with the final. So he won it.

andyptl18 said:
tell me again Was it Flintoff bowling in the WC2003 Final?
or was it Balaji? u guys are just flying high right now cuz Englands got some good mathes in (i give them their deserved credit) but this has to be the topping on the cake to take India's ODI status

Just a small piece of request,

Can you explain again what I have quoted above? May be I missed what you tried to explain!!!!

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I knew India had lost it when I last posted. NZ have too strong a batting lineup to lose if they get a flying start. They still had Oram, McCullum and Cairns to come.

The game did get a lot closer than I thought :) but result all the same.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
aussie1st said:
I noticed you were on $0. I bet all my cash once and won but it was no where near as much.

Well for me it was obvious who would win the final. Although it was tense in the final overs.

And I just calculated. If I bet for a Zimbabwe win in the Test, I would have 320850 (!) points. :rolleyes: And it could come true the way they're playing.

But the final didn't help me in the fantasy game. :(

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
You should bet all your cash on Clarke for top batter. 9/1. You would fly past everyone if it comes off. :D I put 300 cause I don't want to be on $0 again. Plus I also put cash on Ponting and Tres to get top batter.

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
saisrini80 said:
Just a small piece of request,

Can you explain again what I have quoted above? May be I missed what you tried to explain!!!!
I think he's trying to defend India against the person who said India should be stripped off their status as an ODI team. I might be wrong though.

As for the person (I think Indiangod) who keeps calling India the second best team in the world, HUH?! Just because they made it to the final in WC2003 doesn't make them second best by default!! Kenya made it to the semi-finals, would you consider them to be the 3rd or fourth best team in the world? Even in tests, as good as India is, I consider them 3rd best and in ODIs they're currently better ranked than only Windies, Zimbabwe, and Bangladesh.

Its one thing being a loyal fan no matter what, and its another praising them blindly. Some of the Indian fans here remind me of Chicago Cubs fans. No wait, I'm sorry, that was too harsh. :D

Users who are viewing this thread