New Zealand in Zimbabwe

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
irottev said:
I kinda feel sorry for Zimbabwe, poor guys. What an absolute thrashing. BOND IS BACK muwhahaha

BY taking wickets against Zimbabwe, about as meaning full as bowlin someone in the nets, even Bangladesh put up more of a fight.

jdbais

International Cricketer
Just looking at the scorecard and noticed that Mpofu was out for 0, faced 7 balls and was stumped by McCullum bowled Vettori in both innings. Haven't seen that before :p

Ryand

Club Cricketer
It wasnt just bad but sad to see that the best team zimbabwe have are treated like amatuers.

Sureshot

Executive member
Ermm, goodwin and the Flowers might play again with a bit of persuasion.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Maybe Zimbabwe will perform much better in the 2nd test. They havent played for a while and might have been a bit rusty.

Sureshot

Executive member
and were bowled out twice in one day! Shocking.

they lost 20 wickets in 80.3 overs. That's a strike rate of losing a wicket every. 24 balls or 4 overs.

that's abysmal.

irottev

School Cricketer
Say what you like, a poor bowling attack wouldn;t of taken so many wickets. It was a good pitch too so thats no excuse.

I can see this bowling attack being the second best in the world. Wait until we play some decent opposition and bowl them out. I saw the game and the bowlers were getting the ball on the spot every ball almost. It doesn't matter who your against, those kind of balls are unplayable.

Last edited:

Sureshot

Executive member
Sorry second best is taken :D Although when McGrath and Warne retire ina bout 2 years tops i think we will be Numero Uno in the bowling department. As Tremlett will be playing by then.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Well with Bond in the side, there is more firepower in the NZ bowling attack, but it is by no means the 2nd best in the world. Infact from what Ive seen of the Kiwiz in the past 2 years or so, I think their weakness was their bowling.
Chris Martin is an ordinary bowler, and James Franklyn is not very consistent.

Like Sureshot said the 2nd best bowling attack in the world is the English one, led by Harmison and Flintoff, and backedup by Jones, Hoggard and Giles.

Users who are viewing this thread