Australia in New Zealand

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
Online Cricket Games Owned
irottev said:
wow wow wow. Sri Lanka, you are in for an absolute thrashing.
Yeah but I highly doubt that NZ will play like this again. They hardly ever maintain their ruthlessnes:upray. At the moment they are the best one day side in the world on paper but never seem to realise their potential unless their backs are against the wall.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Keep in mind, if they had batted first, they probably would be on the receiving end of a record chase, one dayers being as fickle as they are.

irottev

School Cricketer
If we had of batted first we might of made 400.

Lol just kidding. But both captains were happy with the toss. Both got to use their subs. You can't really say that. Things would of been a lot different.

irottev

School Cricketer
Yeah, I think the bowling from both teams was poor. Vettori was the exception. Clark and Bracken and Mills and Martin were pretty good but it was the other 2 or 3 bowlers which ended up being very expensive. All 4 ended up going for quite a few at the death. Bracken was the only one who managed to find the blockhole.

I think both captains made mistakes with the bowling attacks. Styris ended up having 3 left and Cairns was perfered for some reason. Ponting was caught out thinking he had the game won again (presumably) and had to bowl Symonds late which cost him.

I would say the Australian death bowling from Lewis especially was terrible. We need to work on it too and find that blockhole.

jazz

Panel of Selectors
i think when bond comes back against sri lanka we should be good bowling at the death

we should really win our next 2 odi series now against sri lanka and west indies

angryangy

ICC Chairman
irottev said:
Yeah, I think the bowling from both teams was poor. Vettori was the exception. Clark and Bracken and Mills and Martin were pretty good but it was the other 2 or 3 bowlers which ended up being very expensive. All 4 ended up going for quite a few at the death. Bracken was the only one who managed to find the blockhole.

I think both captains made mistakes with the bowling attacks. Styris ended up having 3 left and Cairns was perfered for some reason. Ponting was caught out thinking he had the game won again (presumably) and had to bowl Symonds late which cost him.

I would say the Australian death bowling from Lewis especially was terrible. We need to work on it too and find that blockhole.
Yeah, like I said of Australia, it's not what happens when you lose a great bowler, it's what happens when you water down your attack into a choice of right arm medium fast pies or left arm medium fast pies. Now calling them pie chuckers is a bit harsh, but in the end Bracken was the only guy in the side because of any degree of reliability at the top level. With Lee out and McGrath rested, you can't expect to rely on 3 inexperienced quicks and 2 part timers, especially when you get to the death, you need at least 2 guys who wont lose their nerve.

Users who are viewing this thread