Australia in New Zealand

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Same happened last year, and given this is now a series for the Chappell-Hadlee trophy it will always be 3 games long I would think just to keep the tradition up.

jarl

International Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Does anyone reckon Phil Jaques will get picked in the squad?

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
aussie1st said:
Same happened last year, and given this is now a series for the Chappell-Hadlee trophy it will always be 3 games long I would think just to keep the tradition up.

I didn't know they play each other each year. In that way the matches are good enough.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Here is the squad, thanks to Kodos for first putting it out but in the wrong thread :(
Ricky Ponting (c) TAS 30 235
Adam Gilchrist (vc) WA 34 222
Nathan Bracken NSW 28 20
Stuart Clark NSW 30 1
Michael Clarke NSW 24 60
Brad Hodge VIC 30 0
Brad Hogg WA 34 68
Michael Hussey WA 30 18
Simon Katich WA 30 19
Michael Lewis VIC 31 0
Brett Lee NSW 28 115
Andrew Symonds QLD 30 127
Cameron White VIC 22 3

I wish we had picked more young guys. To me this is a sign that Clark and Lewis could be fighting for a spot in the World Cup team.

kodos

International Coach
ooops sorry for that. Which thread di i put it in lol??

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
The WI one :)
Anyway I agree with what you meant. Rofe or Johnson should have been picked. Lewis and Clark are very similar bowlers. Although Rofe himself would have been the same. Johnson is one I would have liked to see. Cullen is another that I would like to see in that squad.

Hmm btw I noticed Glenn McGrath isn't there.

kodos

International Coach
yeah mcgrath isnt there because he has been rested and will stay in aus for the upoming test series against SA. I think the Aussie selectors fell that SA may pull a few surprises.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I hope this doesn't come back to bite us on the ass. Lewis and Clark are more than capable players but if they have what it takes when the heat is on, we will see.

irottev

School Cricketer
Australia should be treating this a bit more seriously. We have a definate chance with no McGrath.

I mean I am a bit dissapointed that this isn't being treated as a best side on best side thing. I guess you have to experiment sometime.

Last edited:

kodos

International Coach
well it still is best side v best side, just without mcgrath. Australia still has lee, gilchrist, hussey and ponting who are all top. Without having mcgrath is like nz not having bond when they are versing australia.

kodos

International Coach
Me too I hope white gets a game. Aussie selectors should of really picked at least 3 young players in the team. I feel in 5 or so years time the Australian team will falter and may even turn out like the windies because they aren't blooding young players in. I mean guys who are 21-25 and not 30 like lewis and clark.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
kodos said:
Me too I hope white gets a game. Aussie selectors should of really picked at least 3 young players in the team. I feel in 5 or so years time the Australian team will falter and may even turn out like the windies because they aren't blooding young players in. I mean guys who are 21-25 and not 30 like lewis and clark.

I agree lots of players will retire after the world cup. The selectors however aren't looking 5 years ahead. More like 2 years to the World Cup. At least Lewis and Clark will be around after the World cup if they make it there.

Users who are viewing this thread