Bhenzir Bhutto assassinated

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I got this yesterday and I must say I'm shocked.
I expected her to lead the country yet agians,but well this is ......

Kinda sad for Pakistan to lose yet another leader.
Hope Benazir's soul rests in peace.

nightprowler10

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Sad news indeed. Nobody deserves to die this way. I feel really bad for her family as this is the third assassination in the family in the last 20 years or so.

Pakistan will slip back into Musharaf's autocratic, tyranical leadership and be largely ignored by a lot of the world now. Massive shame, going to be a lot of problems in Pakistan now. Huge. I'm expecting big uprisings and violence on the streets.

On the cricketing front, this is Australia's tour to Pakistan is most certainly off now.

Members of the other main opposition party (I Think) Nawaz Sharif and members of his party have been killed after being shot upon at another political rally in Islamabad. If I'm correct in thinking that Nawaz was an opposition party member to Musharaf, both of the main opponents dying is lously suspicious. I think we all knew that Musharaf would have a hand in at least Bhutto's death but eliminated another on the same day.

I have to say this is a very uninformed post, especially when talking about Musharraf. "Autocratic, tyrannically leadership" are, sadly, the words I would use for Benazir's government. Add to that extremely corrupt. She put the nation on the brink of bankruptcy once again towards the end of her second term as PM. Not to mention most believe she had her little brother killed while in power and got away with it. She did everything to take advantage of her esteemed father's reputation, who was a true leader, and cashed in. Yet somehow we have managed to make a martyr out of her.

And to think Musharraf would have Benazir killed is just plain ridiculous. He was the one who made a deal with her to get her back in the country for the sake of political stability, which has now gone straight to hell. If anybody has something to lose from her death outside of PPP itself, its Musharraf. Besides, she had made countless enemies while in power. And the people killing PML advisers are mostly likely PPP members or some other groups taking advantage of her death.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
@nightprowler10 > At the end of the day it's shame for our Country.

Musharaff did not kill Benazir, only stupid people are saying all this rubbish. Also I'm not in support to any of these apart from Imran Khan of corse.

Musharaff always promises the west that he will fight the terrorists. He couldn’t make a political leader safe in Pakistan yet he is going to make a normal Pakistani feel secure in the country? For a fact He never made it a I want a Democratic Islamic Republic of Pakistan in 6 years. He is a total Failure, his policies have just failed.

Also this was the bloodiest year in the history of Pakistan, as Imran Khan said. Many more Pakistani lives have been killed.

Reports suggest that Al Qaeda where behind this?

Never heard of her but I'm quite fasicinated with this now.

Does anyone here live in Pakistan? Are you safe?

If a Political Leader who had the most support in the country can be unsafe, and killed. How can a normal citizen of the country feel they are safe?

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Because she is more of a target then the average Pakistani

Exactly. I doubt many Pakistanis are actually in any more danger now than they were before Benazir was assassinated, they just gotta watch for the rioters now.

And Usy, there's a reason this has been the bloodiest year in Pakistan (if that is indeed true) and that is because Musharraf is the first one with enough cojones to go after these terrorists where it will hurt them most, and they are simply reacting. It sucks, but its the way its gotta be unless the political parties like the MMA stop aiding them.

slade

Club Cricketer
And Usy, there's a reason this has been the bloodiest year in Pakistan (if that is indeed true) and that is because Musharraf is the first one with enough cojones to go after these terrorists where it will hurt them most, and they are simply reacting. It sucks, but its the way its gotta be unless the political parties like the MMA stop aiding them.

Musharraf's motives for going after Al-Queda are selfish. He wants to remain in power. I don't think he really wants democracy in Pakistan. Also, Pakistan gets money and brownie points for taking part in the "war on terror" from the US. Although, I don't think he ordered the assassination, I don't think the army would have provided the best possible security to Bhutto. They were responsible for security right?

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Martial law is to blame. The people's lives aren't in great danger but the people's rights are at stake in the upcoming elections.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
How come no channel showed her funeral ?
I remember BBC showing Princess Diana's.

Highlander999

ICC President
Musharraf's motives for going after Al-Queda are selfish. He wants to remain in power. I don't think he really wants democracy in Pakistan. Also, Pakistan gets money and brownie points for taking part in the "war on terror" from the US. Although, I don't think he ordered the assassination, I don't think the army would have provided the best possible security to Bhutto. They were responsible for security right?

You might be cynical and say that Musharraf is selfish, but Al-Qaeda have to go and by supporting the US he is doing a good thing. I disagree with the US being in Iraq but them being in Afghanistan is right and if Musharraf is fighting Al-Qaeda then he deserves American support. Of course it would help if there were democratic elections and hopefully they will still happen.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
SO you think Musharraf is fighting the so called "Al-Qaeda" IMO, he is making country's youth into terrorists.

Have the educational reforms being changed since he came? NO

The thing is these young Pakistani boys go to Afrganistan not because of the religion, they have no education, and they are forced into it because they are offered money.

Musharraf biggest cause.
Holy war, holy crap.

Since he has came, "Al-Qaeda" has just grown.

Highlander999

ICC President
We have youths in Britain being trained as terrorists as well, via extremist preachings etc.

That is democracy for you

usy

Chairman of Selectors
I don't want to have a religious argument over here.

Those "religious preachers" should open the book of Qu'ran and read. All i will say.

Too much democracy is'nt really good is it?

Users who are viewing this thread