Big Bash 2016 Now Available on iOS and Android

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Worth bumping this thread because this app is freakin' amazing and I'm having so much fun with it. I really wish it had an online component *cough* @MattW *cough*

We've gone from having very little in the mobile space to having 3 interesting games release in a 1 month window, each with something different about it. Very cool.

BRAB

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We've gone from having very little in the mobile space to having 3 interesting games release in a 1 month window, each with something different about it. Very cool.

What were the other two Chief?

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
There's a new Stick Cricket out this week and New Star Cricket came out a few weeks before Big Bash.
What were the other two Chief?

Stick Cricket's new game is freaking awesome, I even opened a thread for it in 5he general discussion and there is also a staff member from Stick Cricket on the forums

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There's a new Stick Cricket out this week and New Star Cricket came out a few weeks before Big Bash.

I've gotta try the new Stick Cricket, on my list once I get time. Can't help but feel the mobile gaming space is where cricket will flourish in the future.

Reactions: DAP

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I've gotta try the new Stick Cricket, on my list once I get time. Can't help but feel the mobile gaming space is where cricket will flourish in the future.
It is really awesome!

Chief

Panel of Selectors

Totally agree. It won't be any of these 3 though - Unsurprisingly Stick Cricket comes closest (they've been doing it much longer and have an understanding of free-to-play games) but even that feels like it has quite a few problems. All 3 suffer from having far too much gameplay and no focus on the important part.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Totally agree. It won't be any of these 3 though - Unsurprisingly Stick Cricket comes closest (they've been doing it much longer and have an understanding of free-to-play games) but even that feels like it has quite a few problems. All 3 suffer from having far too much gameplay and no focus on the important part.

It's a generational thing. Positives I see is they're getting better every iteration, the BBL game whiles pretty Arcady, has some good bones. If they can expand upon it in a future release with some customisation and fluid AI they're on to a winner. Controls are spectacular, learning curve between all levels is challenging.

I would go in the direction of different apps for different formats. A Test app, ODI app and so on... They'd all share the same base but you'd have multiple revenue streams.

Reactions: DAP

Chief

Panel of Selectors
It's a generational thing. Positives I see is they're getting better every iteration, the BBL game whiles pretty Arcady, has some good bones. If they can expand upon it in a future release with some customisation and fluid AI they're on to a winner. Controls are spectacular, learning curve between all levels is challenging.

I would go in the direction of different apps for different formats. A Test app, ODI app and so on... They'd all share the same base but you'd have multiple revenue streams.

Splitting your app splits your audience - you want them all in the same place (this is where SS are off I think: too many different apps).

I think BA have got the gameplay right (again, unsurprisingly given BA's pedigree) - the BBL game feels the most fun to play, but is the worst game overall from a business perspective (and that's where I always come at it from) because of its shallowness.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India

But didn't Stick Cricket already do it briefly, by dedicating a whole mode of sort of test cricket in the world domination section of Stick Cricket 2? Also, with the new game they introduced diverse groups of T20 Leagues![DOUBLEPOST=1482245019][/DOUBLEPOST]Can anyone tell me how do many mobile games avoid licensing issues? Or they don't exist for mobile games?

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
What about Smashtastic Cricket?
I have not played it on Android yet but it was fun when I played it on PC.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Can anyone tell me how do many mobile games avoid licensing issues? Or they don't exist for mobile games?

Either they have a license, or they haven't been challenged on it yet. Remember, a license is just permission to use someone else's property.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Either they have a license, or they haven't been challenged on it yet. Remember, a license is just permission to use someone else's property.
I believe Stick Cricket do because they do a lot of sharing of their lineups and players in their trailers or screenshots since the very beginning!

Chief

Panel of Selectors
What about Smashtastic Cricket?
I have not played it on Android yet but it was fun when I played it on PC.

Never heard of it. Downloaded it. It's really, really good. Possibly my new favourite gameplay-wise: it feels really nice. Very bare bones on the metagame side though, and business-wise it doesn't work. But the gameplay is really fun and a good starting point.

Users who are viewing this thread