Blocker's Ashes Thread

Wealey

ICC Board Member
4th Test - Day 1 morning session

The boxing day test starts. The pitch looks poor, as if it could crumble late on. But there is rain forecast for days 3, 4 and 5 so who knows if the weather will take the pitch out of the equation.

England spring a shock - Mark Stoneman being dropped after 3 poor tests isn't a surprise, but the decision for Joe Root to move up to open certainly is! Bairstow - also having a poor series, moves up to 4, and down the order everyone moves up a place with leg-spinner Mason Crane coming in for his debut.

Australia drop Usman Khawaja with Steve Smith going up to 3, and Shaun Marsh coming in.

Smith wins the toss and bats first. Root's assertion that he'd have bowled first raises some eyebrows, and looks downright barmy when Warner and Renshaw get off to a solid start. But after Anderson finds Warner's outside edge for a regulation catch to keeper Bairstow, all hell breaks loose...

Great vid mate, almost reminds me of myself ;)

I do hate the fact the aerial drives have crept back in. They aren't as loopy, but they feel cheap.

I feel like from the early builds the edges and bowleds have been replaced by these drives.

Never the less enjoyed watching

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Great vid mate, almost reminds me of myself ;)

I do hate the fact the aerial drives have crept back in. They aren't as loopy, but they feel cheap.

I feel like from the early builds the edges and bowleds have been replaced by these drives.

Never the less enjoyed watching

He he... yes it was inspired by your vids thought I'd try a different presentation style and show off @Dutch music into the bargain.

Yeah the lofted catches are a shame. I got very very few of them on PC. I' hoping this capitulation is not a common event but if it helps me square the series I'll take it as a one off ;)

The post lunch wickets, one poor animation aside, were much much better.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
4th Test - Day 1 afternoon session

Australia are reeling at 100/7, but Shaun Marsh and Mitchell Starc fight back in the afternoon with a solid 50 partnership. The pitch looks to have no demons well the ball is soft, and Australia's undisciplined morning could haunt them if England show more restraint. Crane produces a good ball to find Starc's edge to end his resistance, caught behind for 38 to leave Australia 174 for 8. The last wickets are mopped up cheaply, Broad bowling Lyon (3) with a jaffa, and Hazlewood (1) stumped by Bairstow to give debutant Crane impressive figures of 4/34. Marsh left stranded undeaten on 56*

Cook and Root see England through to 17/0 at tea.

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
@blockerdave, really enjoying the videos. I'm traveling at the moment so just picking these up when I get back to the hotel in the evening. Some nice variations in wickets and ebb and flow in the fortunes of the respective teams.

D

Dutch

With no cricket on at the mo I am sat in Brisbane drinking a latte watching Daves vids!!!! Ashes from the Gabba!

Sweppy12

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
With no cricket on at the mo I am sat in Brisbane drinking a latte watching Daves vids!!!! Ashes from the Gabba!
Surprisingly England irl are a lot more solid at the top than in @blockerdave's series ;)

Users who are viewing this thread