C09 FAQ: Ashes Cricket Issues, Fixes and Common Questions

zoys

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Can you select/change sides mid game?

Hi,

Question directed at those that have got the full game... Is it possible to select/change sides during the game? E.g. Start off as Team A but then change the controller to Team B mid game or on save/load?

I'm waiting for the PC game to be released next week but have been playing the demo with the extender quite a bit. I have to say that I've been dissapointed with the AI. I really expected a good simulation but I think Transmission has only hit about 75% in this department.

I generally prefer batting in single player so I like to bat with both teams thus keeping some consistency through the game. Hopefully it allows you to change sides. Some games have this option when loading a saved game. Does Ashes 09 allow this?

sw25

School Cricketer
Yeh you can save it then when you load it it will ask which side you want to play.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Is it just me...

...or is the bounce a bit variable?

Sorry I can't post screenshots to help, but I don't know how to take them in the first place; neither do I know how to add them as thumbnails.

So, I'll use my excellent writing skills (!) to show you what I mean.

The AI bowls a full delivery at me that I should only be able to play forwards to, yet it bounces more than high enough to play backwards to - it's like it was bowled on a good length, not a full length. This happens all the time.

I bowl a ball at the AI which would be classed a short ball, not quite a bouncer, but shorter than a good length. He plays a front foot cover drive to it. So I watch the action replay closely and even though the ball was bowled relatively short, the bounce was nowhere near as much as it should be.

This leads me to think that there's too much bounce on a full length and not enough on a short length. This test was done at Lords, in the PC demo.

Oh and the pitchmap doesn't seem to tally with the actual deliveries that were bowled.

Are you listening, Mr Heath? Do some work on proper bowling lengths and sort this out in a patch. :)

99 Not Out

Club Cricketer
...or is the bounce a bit variable?

Sorry I can't post screenshots to help, but I don't know how to take them in the first place; neither do I know how to add them as thumbnails.

So, I'll use my excellent writing skills (!) to show you what I mean.

The AI bowls a full delivery at me that I should only be able to play forwards to, yet it bounces more than high enough to play backwards to - it's like it was bowled on a good length, not a full length. This happens all the time.

I bowl a ball at the AI which would be classed a short ball, not quite a bouncer, but shorter than a good length. He plays a front foot cover drive to it. So I watch the action replay closely and even though the ball was bowled relatively short, the bounce was nowhere near as much as it should be.

This leads me to think that there's too much bounce on a full length and not enough on a short length. This test was done at Lords, in the PC demo.

Oh and the pitchmap doesn't seem to tally with the actual deliveries that were bowled.

Are you listening, Mr Heath? Do some work on proper bowling lengths and sort this out in a patch. :)

Yeah, I see where your coming from. I have been on the wrong end of a Brett Lee bouncer - which I am not joking came on the radar as 100.9mph. When I try a short ball hoping for either a top edge or for the batsmen to be caught on the boundary, all that happens is the ball is hooked miles out the ground.

When you look at the end of the over at where the balls have pitched, you should notice that the attemped yorkers are actually balls of a decent length and that a yorker is basically a full toss when your in the bowling action :sarcasm

P

pcfan123

I sort of agree but thb I really do not mind. I try to play around the faults of the game. For me, having any new cricket game is a blessing. There has been none for so long and since I live in the states and have no gaming PC, i havent ever been able to play one on a console. I would have paid $150 for it lol, maybe even more!

Needless to say, when it comes to cricket, I am very easy to please.

I just try to avoid all exploits (like hitting a back foot shot when you should be on the frontfoot) and play a realistic game. Sure that may be at the expense of a completely realistic game..... but there is no alternative. I can never go back to C07

rlfan82

Club Cricketer
Are RAIN DELAYS in the game?

I only ask as I was in 'the pavillion' looking at unlocked stadiums and they all have a rain %

99 Not Out

Club Cricketer
I hope there is. It would be much more realistic, however I doubt it unfortunately :(

cricket/2009

School Cricketer
Well in stadiums unlocks it got rain chance, so tomorrow ill do a test match with it being overcast at the most chance of rain , and see if there is..

rlfan82

Club Cricketer
Is anyone/Is it possible - to make an Xbox 360 patch?

seen one made for PS3 but dunno how ps3 works differently to xbox

rlfan82

Club Cricketer
Well in stadiums unlocks it got rain chance, so tomorrow ill do a test match with it being overcast at the most chance of rain , and see if there is..

thanks, i played a quick test (all over in one day...on easy) and commentator said 'the clouds are gathering'

Users who are viewing this thread