C09 FAQ: Ashes Cricket Issues, Fixes and Common Questions

somersetargyle

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I agree about the relative risk. Assuming the chance is similar of getting out off a defensive or aggressive stroke it encourages you to play the aggressive one.

i think at worst if you defend late (to the spinners which is my main issue) there can be more chance of ball beating bat and this affecting the confidence (i dont really see it going to keeper every time as that realistic) and if you defend too early then maybe there should be more chance of bat then pad with the ball going wherever (which i havent seen yet but is a more likely dismissal for a spinner); with the fast bowlers its quite likely that a back foot defensive play late carry to slip but it should be less likely on the front foot

Boomslangnz

School Cricketer
Why can we not save online games??!

Ashes Cricket 2009....the whole game is focused on test match cricket,yet we cant play test matches online unless we spend at least 5 hours playing to get a result.

This pissed me off in BLIC07 and figured they would fix it this time and still no work done.

Sort it out transmission games!

I have xbox version but now its simply 20/20 or 50 over matches at best for online.

shan111

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Damn! Can't anyone answer my question?:(

I played the PC demo with my xbox360 controller for PC. There was no force feedback vibration. Is the force feedback vibration actually supported by the game?

jimbob

Club Cricketer
need some help. i cant get online working. i log into it and when ever i search for any matches nothing comes up

ksduded

Club Cricketer
i think at worst if you defend late (to the spinners which is my main issue) there can be more chance of ball beating bat and this affecting the confidence (i dont really see it going to keeper every time as that realistic) and if you defend too early then maybe there should be more chance of bat then pad with the ball going wherever (which i havent seen yet but is a more likely dismissal for a spinner); with the fast bowlers its quite likely that a back foot defensive play late carry to slip but it should be less likely on the front foot

i don't know about you guys, but I get out playing the attacking shot more than a defensive shot. Sure you can get out playing a defensive, but for me the ratio has been 1:10.... so i think that part of the game is fine.

What I have a problem with is that your batsman never misses the ball if he is playing a shot. I surely would have enjoyed some close calls where the ball missed the bat a few times and went through to the keeper.

This actually shows that the animations are predetermined, and the physics system does not take into account the bat hitting the ball, rather if you press the button at the right time to start the animation process.....

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Why do the graphics look so crap on my computer when it is on full settings and my computer runs games with higher power needed than this game...?

P

pcfan123

what ports should be opened on my router in order to play this game on PSN? i can only connect with 1/10 people, the rest it says "unable to connect to game"

EarlCG

Club Cricketer
Just to clarify, I'm talking about the PC version.

There's an Indian guy who's completed 10 overs games on a 64kps connection even against English users I believe, although a lot of his games (including him playing me) have resulted in disconnects. I'd think if you're on even low spec (512mb/s) broadband you'll be able to play people in your locality comfortably.

As it's peer to peer you're always going to be limited to whatever the person with the slowest connection is using.

Just make sure you don't have any torrent or peer to peer download programs running as they'll kill your upload speed.

Qas

School Cricketer
Ive just got the game today and tried to play online but no one is online at the minute is there something i have to do to become visable ? or see open matches to join ?

EarlCG

Club Cricketer
Ive just got the game today and tried to play online but no one is online at the minute is there something i have to do to become visable ? or see open matches to join ?

There just isn't that much traffic yet, on the PC at least. It's currently work hours in the UK, the game is due out tomorrow in Aus (and it's in the small hours there anyway - so it's released today as far as they are concerned) and that's obviously the two prime markets.

That's not to mention not being able to to do anything else in game while you are signed in (you can't play the AI while signed in), the "cannot connect to host" errors and the generally poorly designed online interface (no voice or text chat, invites not functioning properly, very basic friends list...) that Transmission have come up with. These are all frustrating factors which I believe are putting people off online play currently.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Can someone tell me why the game is so jerky when my system specs are better than the ones recommended. It was fine and then all of a sudden became jerky today/late yesterday/...

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Can someone tell me why the game is so jerky when my system specs are better than the ones recommended. It was fine and then all of a sudden became jerky today/late yesterday/...

Make sure no scans have been scheduled. The same thing happened to me yesterday in the demo. I alt-tabbed out and saw in the Task Manager that one of my scanners was doing its daily thing...

Users who are viewing this thread