C09 FAQ: Ashes Cricket Issues, Fixes and Common Questions

pastypower

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm playing on hard and have reduced my catching ratings (both the reflex catching and the outfield catching) to 30 to make it harder. You get about 1 1/2 to 2 secs max to see the ball and make the catch. it actually feels more like a real catch because of this speed. We want to make the game harder to make it more of a competitive contest against the AI don't we?

UCC-WMH

Club Cricketer
Ok I am just taking a training in the ASHES Cricket 2009 catching.
And I just discovered this method.
If you follow this you can catch every catch that come your way.
There is a time sequence which I cracked.
While catching every circle i.e. red, orange or green around the ball stays for certain time.
Here it is. Red- 2 sec, Orange - 2sec, Green - 1 sec . Missed all then red forever until you drop.
So from the point your adrenalin of catching starts and you starts to see circle around the ball. Count 1,2,3,4,5 and when you comes to 5 press enter at the same time when you are counting 5 and it is a sure catch.
Follow this and give me a feedback.

Is this on Hard?

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I'm playing on hard and have reduced my catching ratings (both the reflex catching and the outfield catching) to 30 to make it harder. You get about 1 1/2 to 2 secs max to see the ball and make the catch. it actually feels more like a real catch because of this speed. We want to make the game harder to make it more of a competitive contest against the AI don't we?

It seems to me you have far too much time to react to a quick caught and bowled, or a slip catch and nowhere near enough for an outfield steepler.

Eon

Club Cricketer
Im sure we can keep another pointless thread open in this already flooded section of the forum lol

melanxpress

School Cricketer
How to go to the main menu?

how to go to the main menu when i'm playing a match?

exprezzo

Club Cricketer
How to post PS3 Screenshots?

Any idea on how to post PS3 Screenshots ?

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You can only take screenshots from the PS3 with the game Resistance (In Multiplayer Mode with a keyboard connected). In other words you can't with AC09. Theirs other ways but they require other components.

chaitanyaraghav

Club Cricketer
Maxed out resolution. It usually goes up to 70 or 75 fps during the loadings and some cutscenes but it comes back to around 60 during the gameplay. Also, I am not on a quad computer, mine is core 2 duo pentium. If you are not getting those then you need to upgrade your drivers. Go to Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers and click on graphics drivers under option 2. This will automatically detect the newer version and then you download and install it. It will improve your fps alot.

i am on 181.20! i use them because i get better fps in gta IV using those drivers! using the latest drivers caused the game to suffer!! will try with the latest drivers now!

Joeskeppi

School Cricketer
Hey guys, I'm getting really frustrated with this game. I've bowled 50 overs on the trot and I haven't actually had the ball reach the wicket keeper yet UNLESS the batsman leaves it all together. I'm yet to see anyone get bowled or LBW. The only way to get people out seems to be catches (except in the slip cordon as nothing ever carries) or ridiculous run outs.

Am I doing something wrong or is this game a bit of a step backwards from the 2007 version?

Cheers.

jan52

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ok i am unable to join game and its giving me error unable to join host cannot connect to session.Its giving same error to my cousin too.Any body knows what port to open on pc version.thanks

naveen_reloaded

School Cricketer
Graphics Issues / Solution Here

Hi

I got my friends copy of Ashes and played.i played only for some time so it too early to comment.

but here is what i found

1.) Graphics is a real let down ... ( mine is 8600 GT - OC`d , 3 GB RAM , Duo Core ) .. i dont mean that the frame rate is down ... i mean that the graphics on the whole looks very immature.. NO Anti Aliasing :doh :doh? thats a big let down for me... and the pitch dont look that great .. BLC07 had a great pitch / ground.. it looked real... very green...!!:clap

2.) the Batting is also a let down .. in BLC07 i felt i played the game for real .. i mean the timing of the shot coincided with my button press.. but in Ashes 09 .. its as if i decide the shot a second early and its as if the CPU plays the shot rather than me... the """Ball - Bat - Hit - Response""" is not there... :mad:

3.)CPU very aggressive... VEry very aggressive... but will give another few hours of paly and comment... :noway

Anyway coming to the issue.. here is what you can do to over come.. at-least thats what i did

1.) First try reducing the resolution .. to get a better frame rate

2.) OC your graphics card ( if u know what it is )

3.) Go to Nvidia / ATi control pane land select the game from " Application " and select AA to 4x or 2x or what ever .. and look at the difference... the game will look good

4.) Force On V-Sync .. even codemaster have adviced not to switch off the V-Sync ...

5.)try closing all the other apps and do a defragment of your HDD / Run CCleaner and clear all the unnecessary files.. also do a registry defragmentation

6.)try updating your Graphics card driver. For Laptop users .. please visit NVIDIA & Laptop News | Latest NVIDIA drivers and related news | laptopvideo2go.com and get the latest drivers. many drivers are tweaked and stripped down version .. and be carreful they arent certicified like u get from nvidia..

7.) If your graphics card support Physx .. Download and install http://files.laptopvideo2go.com/physx/PhysX_9.09.0814_SystemSoftware.exe , but i am not sure whether this can improve or have have any effect on the game... since i dont know whether AShes support physx

Please post your comments and advice / tips to improve graphics...

Last edited:

naveen_reloaded

School Cricketer
What's OC and V-Sync?

OC-Overclocking

V-Sync is a feature.

Go to Nvidia Control Panel and select "Manage 3D Setting " > Program Setting > Select / Browse - cricket2009.exe and hit "Add "

then select "Antialiasing filtering " - 4X or 2X or 8X ( experiment with this value so that you get a good Frame rate. dont select if u are running on a slow PC / Laptop

then come down and select " V-Sync " - select " Force On "

for OC go to laptopvideo2go.com forum and read the thread there...

Users who are viewing this thread