Champions League Final - Chennai Super Kings vs Warriors @ Jo'burg

Bounce

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Those two were the base of the win for Chennai and since they are India contracted player, they'll be put up for auction.
He was being sarcastic. :)

Bounce added 0 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

I mean can't Chennai retain them? What a crap thing this really they have to auction again.
What else Modi Amin could do when two new teams come in!

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
I mean can't Chennai retain them? What a crap thing this really they have to auction again.

most probably no. since they are India contracted players, Chennai will have to pay to retain them I suppose.

Well I can'st say about it much but the auction gonna be a big crap though I'm looking for the internations players' auction but local players should not be changed.

AkshayS added 3 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

He was being sarcastic. :)

Bounce added 0 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

What else Modi Amin could do when two new teams come in!

that was more crap, the 2 new teams thingy.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well I can'st say about it much but the auction gonna be a big crap though I'm looking for the internations players' auction but local players should not be changed.

Can't they bid for the same players again even after releasing them?

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I'm just failing to understand something. What do you mean by releasing the players who have BCCI contracts? Doesn't Dhoni come under that as well?

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
I'm just failing to understand something. What do you mean by releasing the players who have BCCI contracts? Doesn't Dhoni come under that as well?

I think they would have to pay the some big amount of money to retain them. I don't think they can be retained under the chennai quota.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Can't they bid for the same players again even after releasing them?

Yeah they can do that. But now that CSK are champions and also all the teams have seen all these players perform in the IPL, the perception about a player's value has changed among the franchises. For example, Vijay/Ashwin will be really sought for after what they have done for Chennai. So chances of Chennai retaining them is 50-50.

SaiSrini added 1 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

Yes, but Chennai can retain upto 4 players for $5.5 million (1.8 million for 1 player, +1.3million for the second, +900k for the third and +500K for the fourth). Dhoni justifies the $1.8 million tag and so there is no way CSK wont retain him. CSK can retain Vijay and Ashwin too but that means they would have spent a huge price to retain their services.

Users who are viewing this thread