Commonwealth Bank Series Feb-Mar 2011/12

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah well done SL. Now to win the next one.

Is there no DRS in this series? Sounds like a pretty clear nick.

Who was the third team in the series?

Shocking miss from the umpire, still, we're not allowed fairer games of cricket, get used to it.

teamindia

Club Cricketer
Let's get this clear. Sri Lanka and Australia can't use DRS because India don't like it? :facepalm

India does not believe in the technology.

Dilshan should be fined/banned for making an obvious nick and standing ground. Cheating should be punished heavily.

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Let's get this clear. Sri Lanka and Australia can't use DRS because India don't like it?

Don't understand why teams should have a choice. Why is it not compulsory and become part of the laws?

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Pretty uninspiring performance from the majority of our guys again. Minus the two runouts of injured players and the Husseys late wickets, we were practically 2 down for the minimum. The bowling and fielding picked up from where it left off in the last game, so I doubt we could've set enough or chased them down anyway.

McKay and Doherty have been pretty ineffective against Sri Lanka, so I'd chuck at least one of them out for the final. Seems we have an overkill of bowlers at the moment, surely we can get 20 overs out of Watson, Christian and D. Hussey, and Lee, Pattinson and whoever make up the rest.

Too bad Clarke is out, otherwise I'd just say throw Forrest in for one of the bowlers.. only other options right now are Ponting or someone who hasn't played all series. ie. Ferguson or Quiney.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Pattinson and Clarke ruled out, the latter the most costly one. Tail will also be weaker without Pattinson.

teamindia

Club Cricketer
Yeah BCCI believes in cheating. :rolleyes

BCCI is the worst ever cricket board.........

Do English fans have no other job other than accusing BCCI of cheating instead of an inferior technology :lol:lol

India are no longer in the series. Stop talking about them everyone....:cheers:cheers YOu can carry your Indian hatred to the Asia cup thread. I have no more time to visit this thread :lol:lol

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Well that's crap news about Pattinson, looks like McKay and Doherty will retain their places unfortunately. Bailey was another guy I forgot to mention as a potential replacement for a bowler, definitely more likely than Ponting, Quiney, Ferguson or Klinger in the selector's eyes.

If they can't back 3 bowlers to bowl their full quota of 10 overs, maybe they shouldn't be in the side to begin with.

I'd like to see something like:

Warner
Wade
Watson
Forrest
M. Hussey
D. Hussey
Bailey
Christian
Lee
McKay/Hilfy
Doherty/Lyon

Sureshot

Executive member
Let's get this clear. Sri Lanka and Australia can't use DRS because India don't like it? :facepalm

Got to love having a spineless board in charge of the game!

swacker said:
Don't understand why teams should have a choice. Why is it not compulsory and become part of the laws?

Quite. It was, then some toys got thrown out of the pram and we're taking backward steps again.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
C.A. Plans the finals on Adelaide. The hell is wrong with them?

Their hand has been forced by everything being pushed back this summer, I think because of the Champions League. That delayed Australia's tour of SA, which gave the Tests a late start here. Anyway...upshot of it all is that playing your finals midweek, in March, with both footy codes getting hyped in the papers is pretty awful for crowds. I think it's actually a good move to play at the smaller grounds, since they've got a much greater chance of being filled at this time of year. To me the worse scheduling was the 12th game of the series at the MCG. 50% chance at best that the game was going to be a live/meaningful one, yet they picked the biggest venue in the country...:facepalm

Pretty uninspiring performance from the majority of our guys again. Minus the two runouts of injured players and the Husseys late wickets, we were practically 2 down for the minimum. The bowling and fielding picked up from where it left off in the last game, so I doubt we could've set enough or chased them down anyway.

McKay and Doherty have been pretty ineffective against Sri Lanka, so I'd chuck at least one of them out for the final. Seems we have an overkill of bowlers at the moment, surely we can get 20 overs out of Watson, Christian and D. Hussey, and Lee, Pattinson and whoever make up the rest.

Yeah quite right - Australia really don't deserve to win the series. Too much inconsistency, particularly with ball. If Australia can't blast wickets out at the top with pace, then it's been a struggle to defend anything.

I think we'll see Lyon play today (in place of Patto), and that will let Doherty bowl a couple of overs in last 10 overs, since he's arguably been the best death bowler thus far. And he'll probably get some overs in the first 10 too, as they'll try to get Dilshan and Jayawardene lofting early or even just doing a Dilshan and tying them down. Then Lyon can try to control the middle of the innings with Watson.

Users who are viewing this thread