Commonwealth Bank Series Feb-Mar 2011/12

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I still don't understand why they brought the tri-series back in absolutely identical form (seriously, the first 12 matches were exactly the same teams) to the one they cancelled four years ago. I knew they'd bring it back, but I honestly thought they might in that time have had an idea or two.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Four years is almost certainly not enough time for an idea. Definitely if you work on a sporting board of some kind.

teamindia

Club Cricketer
Aussies are crumbling. SL is going to be the champion.

----------

Wade gone

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Aussie getting torn.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
One of the most pathetic displays of middle order batting since the Indian team departed. Should've went with the 7th batsman rather than the 7th bowler. Doherty better have the game of his life and take a bloody wicket for once, the usual economical bs won't cut it with this total. Hopefully Dave and Christian will get more than a handful of overs between them, they only took 9 wickets in the previous 2 matches before being used like ???? in the last game.

----------

and who was the genius who dropped Forrest down to 6 and moved the Husseys up? What about the logical move of batting them where they've been all bloody series?

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Surprising amount of runs given the lack of application from the top 7. You'd have to say there's a chance if they keep things simple and get regular wickets. There was dubious bounce and for once the wicket might be the traditional Adelaide, that actually is tough to chase on.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
and who was the genius who dropped Forrest down to 6 and moved the Husseys up? What about the logical move of batting them where they've been all bloody series?

I dislike it when teams do that. Implying almost that the more experienced players will pick up the slack. The reality is though, you're taking the players who have done a good job away from their positions, making them change their games, and then if it goes wrong, you're putting complete and utter pressure on the newer guy! Whilst if you just slot him in the slot that's opened up, he goes in knowing that behind him are two good players... rather than coming in, thinking, bugger, those two good players got out, and it's on me!

angryangy

ICC Chairman
And that's what I was talking about. Dilshan looked to work it across the line but he was too early. There's hope yet for the Australians.

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Loose shot there from Sanga.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Uh oh, Sri Lanka won't be outdone on that pathetic batting award. Someone tell them it's not a T20.

Users who are viewing this thread