Commonwealth Bank Series

Damo01

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
aussie1st said:
Damo01 said:
It hasn't rain yet in Sydney but it is possibility that it could happen. There already storms warnings for the western parts in NSW today but the warning zones is getting bigger throughout the afternoon today.
That would really suck this series has really been kicked alive by that upset win and I want a win as our last game not a loss.

I agree. Hopefully the rain or occasional showers like weather forecast for tomorrow won't happen and won't upset the 2nd final game. I mean this is the best we seen England play throughout the tour here in Australia even though their tour has been crap but for England to managed to make a big late comeback right the end of their tour and get into finals in the CB series is something. I really hoping Australia to make a fight back in this 2nd final game at SCG tomorrow and win it so that we have 3rd final.. Australia has to win the 2nd and the 3rd final to win the CB series tournament and to get the CB trophy.

These finals game in the CB series is going to be thriller to watch just like the first one....

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Nevermind Australia should be able to get 2 wins to take the series, but England are in form so it is gonna be hard.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
John Adams said:
Speaking of one dayers, do you guys remember when there were two new white cricket balls at the start of an innings? That was the best thing to do conncering the ball. I'm sick of these ball changes during matchs, coz the ball is too dirty. If they used 2 as they did in the past, then there'd be no problem. And it's happening the world over not just in Australia!

It was the first I've heard of that on Friday, sounds like a good idea to me as it would prevent the disadvantage of a new ball. Only problem would be the extra cost of 2 more balls per game.

Roofrom50

International Coach
Australia needs Stuart Clark and Shaun Tait back, i dont think that Watson really showed much in the last game, bring back Clark atleast, is a much better bowler, but i think that England will take the trophy, Australia needs Symonds, i hope they dont win, but i believe they will

Damo01

Club Cricketer
John Adams said:
Speaking of one dayers, do you guys remember when there were two new white cricket balls at the start of an innings? That was the best thing to do conncering the ball. I'm sick of these ball changes during matchs, coz the ball is too dirty. If they used 2 as they did in the past, then there'd be no problem. And it's happening the world over not just in Australia!

I thought they alway start each innings with a new ball in ODI...The ball getting dirty just happen naturally and wears out throughout the game play.

Last edited:

Damo01

Club Cricketer
A new ball for both ends???....okay... Mate I didn't say both ends....I said Innings for each limited 50 overs which call a inning...

Last edited:

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Roofrom50 said:
Australia needs Stuart Clark and Shaun Tait back, i dont think that Watson really showed much in the last game, bring back Clark atleast, is a much better bowler, but i think that England will take the trophy, Australia needs Symonds, i hope they dont win, but i believe they will

Stuart Clark isn't an ODI bowler, as his 35 wickets at 31 and economy rate of 5.48 show. Completely the opposite to his test performances, where for me he is Australia's leading bowler at the moment (Just seen he's taken 8-58 against WA :eek:).

I'd love to see Tait, he seems to enjoy bowling half volleys to our batsmen!

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Yes, Australia. Please play Shaun Tait.
One of the things that makes this victory all the more pleasing was that it was against Lee and McGrath not Tait and Clarke.

Feelin Blue? said:
oh a new ball from each end.. thats sounds alright.

You couldn't do that. What is one is swinging and one isn't. It would be incredibly unfair on the batsmen.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
barmyarmy said:
You couldn't do that. What is one is swinging and one isn't. It would be incredibly unfair on the batsmen.

Exactly, which is why they stopped it when they used to do it. A possible solution would be to have a new ball after 25 overs which would have the added advantage of tipping the game back towards the bowlers.

Users who are viewing this thread