Cricket 2005 - Report Bugs Here

cricket_tiger

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
there is another bug
the batsman on the non striker (Pieterson) end was given run out but it was the batsman on the striker end (Gough)who should be given run out because the fielder threwed in the striker end . So this mean if a BATSMAN on the striker end in taking second run go out, the wrong batsman will be given out.
this should be corrected by EA

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Not so much of a bug this one. Just a gripe.

I know this has been mentioned 100 times already, but I was just browsing the Codemasters Forums and noticed a load of people whinging about the lack of a front/back foot shot option, and people telling me that Cricket 2005 was so much the better for having it.

I have talked about this point somewhere else on this forum, basically giving my reasons why having no option for front/back foot shots could be a good thing. But what I am about to say here is slightly different.

I'm really talking to the people who seem to adore the Cricket 2005 demo here.

This thought occured to me earlier when playing on the Cricket 2005 demo.

After about 60 overs or so on this game, and not once has a delivery been bowled where a back foot shot would have been more profitable than a front foot shot. I have tried playing back foot shots to the deliveries which are just short of an ideal length, but the batsman just plays over the top of the ball. I'm talking about playing simple shots like a run down to third man, or playing off the batsman's hip.

It seems that the back foot shot is obsolete once again - just like in Cricket 2004 where you could bowl a half-tracker over off stump, and the CPU would play a forward defensive shot to it.

That is therefore another reason why having the AI choose front/back foot for you could be better. It just has to be well implemented. I am yet to play the BLIC demo so I couldn't really say whether it has been or not.

Many thanks.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
The ball played off the batsmen's hip is implemented really well in the demo. Right and backfoot pressed early to a length ball on middle stump, play it early and it will go thru thr 2nd/3rd slip region for 1,2, or 4. However i have noticed that alot of the backfoot shots seems less effective. The square cut works nicely on the backfoot though.
I expect they will have more effect against faster bowlers.

Hicksy551993

Club Captain
you just need to chose the right ball to use the backfoot shot on. I use it all the time to play it down to fine leg.

It will be used much more with fast bowlers bowling

kodos

International Coach
i think many deliveries are meant to be pitched up because it is in the later stages of the game. But i may be wrong!!

Satyam000

School Cricketer
I love the look of the shots, especially the front foot defence ... it looks very realistic. I like the look of all the ground strokes.

What i feel from this demo is that, they teach us how to slog straight away than playing nomal strokes.

The biggest bugs in this demo are the fielders .... they are quicker than lightning and run faster than normal fielders do, and they run backwards fast without seeing the ball to catch it.

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
cdak said:
I just downloaded the demo and the first thing I noticed was that EA had not fixed the problem of the game running at an insane speed on some laptops. Only this time turning up aa settings doesn't help. I just cannot believe that such a technical error had not been fixed. Funny how EA games are the only ones that cause this problem. Oh well, at least I still have one cricket game to look forward to.
That happened to me the first couple of times I played it on my laptop, but for some reason it now plays at normal speed. I didn't even change anything. The only thing I do is change my resolution to the highest, detail to highest, and turn shadows on, and the graphics look pretty damn good on my laptop.

Now for the bugs I noticed, some of these have been mentioned before:
  1. Pieterson got out at 45 and an animated duck walked by while he was walking back to the pavillion.
  2. Pieterson completing his 50 and winning the game on the same delivery crashes the game. (hopefully thats just a demo bug)
  3. AI's fielding is good, but a little too good. Just try hitting the ball to Gillespie or Matyn, they'll dive 10 feet from the ball and still catch it safely, though thats something I can live with.
  4. The bat hitting the ball makes a wierd sound, kinda like that sound we heard in WC 99. This was more accurate in C2K4.
  5. Fielder catching the ball sounds like the ball hitting the bails.
  6. Can't explain why, but the ball physics seems a bit odd.
  7. Bowler's reactions are a bit over-done. When was the last time you saw a bowler acting like a drunken idiot after being hit for a six.
  8. Ever notice how you get an extra run when you get stumped?
  9. The scoreboard shows if your player is out or not before the 3rd umpire makes a decision.
  10. The lbw replay is terrible.

There are some things I liked. For example, some of the shots seem a bit more realistic, especially the leg glance. The better batsmen will put their bat on the ground to play a cover drive if the ball lands right n front of the stumps. Realistic or not, the fielder's animations are pretty cool.

BTW, where the hell is the dive button for the batsman?!

Sman-21

Club Cricketer
Since everyone is complaining about bugs that arent real bugs that effect gameplay heres some more

I just checked stats and Mcgrath had the worst bowling figures out of all the bowlers 67 from 10 wtf???

Also 2 spiners being used to close the innings wtf???

Dont take too long sending the buglist get it to them asap but dont waste time with bugs that dont effect gameplay eg highlights wrong players shown etc

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Sman-21 said:
Since everyone is complaining about bugs that arent real bugs that effect gameplay heres some more
So getting extra run for getting stumped or not getting your run after the decision goes to 3rd umpire doesn't affect gameplay? How about the fact that spinners still bowl tons of yorkers? Lots of these bugs do affect gameplay.

Besides, the thread is for bugs in general, not just gameplay bugs.

cricwhiz

School Cricketer
A few Bugs i noticed while playing for abt 30 mins... (some of them have been posted already)...
1. Batsman is out bowled if ball ricochets off the keepers pad onto the stumps when batsman is beaten. (happened twice)
2. Cannot pinch a leg bye if there is an appeal.
3. Non-striker does not change end even if they cross before teh catch is made
4. The wickets column in scorecard changes even before the umpire or third umpire make the decision
5. Gilchrist caught the ball when it took a thick edge in the direction of point.
6. Batsman do not always ground bat while running. Had a runout because batsman grounded the bat near the stumps while his feet were a few inches from the crease.
7. The keeper does not always pick up the ball even if it is very close to him.
8. Also got the duck walking with Pietersen when he got out.

Last edited:

aprofromindia

Club Cricketer
rahulk666 said:
I wish there was a cricket game like Madden or NBA live series... Just wish!!

I think ESPN NBA series is better than NBA Live, but then if u play on PC then Ur pretty much stuck with NBA Live; what do U think rahul ???

Though I did play basketball at school; I dont really feel anything while playing basketball vid games

For Me its BLIC all the way (cant wait for 21st July) :happy

Users who are viewing this thread