Cricket 2005 - Report Bugs Here

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
aprofromindia said:
How can that be a bug as if you see a ball running to the fence you will start jumping before it crosses the fence; anyways I dont like the fifa crowd its always full; like pes crowd to fifa and BLIC crowd is even better
I mean that they are celebrating throughout the replay, even before the ball is bowled, ie. before they started cheering in the original action.

cricky_maniac

School Cricketer
hey guys,

i faced this when i was playing cricket 2005 demo.
Situation - 1
-------------
Here's the situation, Score is 247/7 in the 49th over, K. Peitersen on Strike(45* not out).
I hit the ball for 6, now K. Peitersen raises his bat for half century(51* not out).
The score is 254/7 which is obviously over 252(target), but the bowler, Clarke was allowed
to bowl another ball, he bowled a ball with full speed(bowling meter marked with RED) and it
should be a no-ball, but the game crashed at this situation. Another important thing is that, at
the time Clarke bowled this ball, there were two images in the middle of the screen marked with
letters 'A' and 'S', which were indicating the type of ball Clark is going to bowl.

I feel that as soon as K.Peitersen hits the ball for 6 the match is over at the same time he
completes his fifty and this creates an ambiguity for the game, which displays the animation
of K.Peitersen celebrating his fifty rather that celebrating the victory.

Situation - 2
-------------
Again K.Peitersen on strike(46 not out), score is 239/7 and one ball left.
K.Peitersen hits the ball for a 6, now K.Peitersen starts celebrating his 50, rather than aussies
celebrating the victory and A.Symonds is allowed to bowl the next ball. This time k.peitersen again hits a 6 of a no-ball, score is 252/7 and after symonds bowls the next ball the game crashed.

Here are few images after i completed 50 overs, but still continued to play,

Look at the 'A' and 'S' buttons here.

37fd.jpg

Look at the score it shows 50.0 overs, but 8 runs to win, run rate required - 0.16

16qh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The next ball was hit for a six, then the game crashed on 51.2 overs, here is the screen before the game crashed,

44ju.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Anil Dharani

Club Cricketer
In the first screen, you were the LUCKY GUY who get to bowl a ball in the game. The reason why it was full speed was because you didnt stop the meter and thus it was a no-ball and then the game crashed. Its a bug.

ANOTHER BUG FOUND:-
When you tie a game, in the scoreboard screen, it'll show that you have won although you tied. although it may just be a bug in the demo and wont be in the full version I assume.

f0bstyle

Club Cricketer
have you guys noticed that third umpire decisions are given before going to the third umpire...If you are going to be out, the wicket column changes before going to the video of the third umpire...pay attention to it, its a small thing but it bothers me

rashaba16

Club Cricketer
andrew_nixon said:
Two more bugs found!

In the replays of boundaries, the crowd are cheering before the ball reaches the boundary!
In real life the crowd does cheer before the ball reaches the boundary! Which country are you from?have you never been to cricket or watched it? :rolleyes:

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Here are few images after i completed 50 overs, but still continued to play,

Look at the 'A' and 'S' buttons here.

37fd.jpg

Look at the score it shows 50.0 overs, but 8 runs to win, run rate required - 0.16

16qh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The next ball was hit for a six, then the game crashed on 51.2 overs, here is the screen before the game crashed,

44ju.jpg

I think it was u who bowled that ball.It happend to me.
I felt I bowled the ball.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
rashaba16 said:
In real life the crowd does cheer before the ball reaches the boundary! Which country are you from?have you never been to cricket or watched it? :rolleyes:
I suggest you read my next post in the thread, the one where I explain what I mean by this.

Seen as your obviously too lazy to do that though, I'll tell you again.

me said:
I mean that they are celebrating throughout the replay, even before the ball is bowled, ie. before they started cheering in the original action.

apesnani

Club Cricketer
for me

1. speed of the players compared to the ball. I mean you think its and easy single and the fielders will chase the ball down just way too quick. Gotta slow the fielders down a bit makes it impossible to get singles on the leg and off side. Cannot imaging anyone getting a 3 in the game.

International Coach
f0bstyle said:
have you guys noticed that third umpire decisions are given before going to the third umpire...If you are going to be out, the wicket column changes before going to the video of the third umpire...pay attention to it, its a small thing but it bothers me
Even for the lbw decisions its the same,before the umpire gives the decision we know the verdict by looking at the scorecard on the top right corner.

dhruvdeepak

School Cricketer
well its obvious the game isnt perfect (to say the least)
this has become a funny thread, more than a real "bugs" thread. EA is getting a hammering. but you cant even say "poor EA" because the last thing they're going to be is 'poor'. it seems like plenty of ppl are going to buy it. hopefully they won't be disappointed.
my final word on it is that EA have improved the game, but not well enough to warrant a buy from me. All the graphics in the world wouldnt make me buy such a flawed game. I would at least consider if they promised to provide support and fix bugs, but then again EA is EA.

kamrandahir

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Cricket 2005 Code Name (only Bugs)

SORRY MY ENGLISH IS NOT GOOD

3 OVERS MATCH ONLY Australia VS England ENGLAND NEED 24 RUNS AND 3 WICKET IN HAND
SO BAD SPINERS DEMO
ONLY FOR SPIN BOWLERS AND RIGHT HAND BATSMEN
EVERY THING IS OK GAME SPEED IS FAST JUST LIKE FIFA

U BLUF EVERY ONE ONLY 3 OVERS SPINERS MATCH
THIS IS BULL ****
IN COMPUTER FAST BOWLERS ARE BATTER THEN SPINERS
CRICKET 2005 CODE NAME (ONLY BUGS)

VERY BIG BUG I FOUND WHEN UMPIRE SAY NOTOUT
(LBW) HOW TO GET RUNS WHEN UMPIRE SAYS NOTOUT NO LEG BY RUNS

AND WICKET KEEPER AND BOWLER ARE VERY VERY POOR THEY DONT KNOW HOW T0 RUNOUT

Last edited by a moderator:

hammudy

Club Cricketer
i understand u may be weak in english...what about caps...???

btw guys this is not a bug but the sound of the ball bouncing in the field sounded very funny...and when a fileder catchs the ball it sounds as if someone unbailed the wickets. what say?

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
kamrandahir said:
SORRY MY ENGLISH IS NOT GOOD

3 OVERS MATCH ONLY Australia VS England ENGLAND NEED 24 RUNS AND 3 WICKET IN HAND
SO BAD SPINERS DEMO
ONLY FOR SPIN BOWLERS AND RIGHT HAND BATSMEN
EVERY THING IS OK GAME SPEED IS FAST JUST LIKE FIFA

U BLUF EVERY ONE ONLY 3 OVERS SPINERS MATCH
THIS IS BULL ****
IN COMPUTER FAST BOWLERS ARE BATTER THEN SPINERS
CRICKET 2005 CODE NAME (ONLY BUGS)

VERY BIG BUG I FOUND WHEN UMPIRE SAY NOTOUT
(LBW) HOW TO GET RUNS WHEN UMPIRE SAYS NOTOUT NO LEG BY RUNS

AND WICKET KEEPER AND BOWLER ARE VERY VERY POOR THEY DONT KNOW HOW T0 RUNOUT
I think there is something wrong with your keyboard, in particular your Caps Lock Key. I suggest you get a new keyboard, maybe that one will work properly.

Users who are viewing this thread