DBC 17 Career Mode

Scott Ledger

School Cricketer
Hi guys,

I've began a career as Joe Root and I am an England regular. I play the first 3 series agains Bangladesh, India and Zimbabwe then I get dropped from future tours against SA, WI and the Aussies.

I understand that on the 'My Teams' option on the career home page there you can view your selection status. On my status when it comes to England there is a BLUE arrow pointing up which I believe is favourable for selection.

I've been selected to play English T20 Bash and also the Big Bash but I can't seem to get back in the England team.

In my career I'm currently in the 2nd season and still only playing for YCCC and Sydney 6ers.

Any advise will be hugely appreciated.

Graeme16293

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Whenever i am in career mode and get selected for domestic cricket my game crashes whilst the match is loading how do i fix this?
Did you get to the bottom of this? Been having the same issue myself with a created team and it's driving me insane.
Thanks

Yamin

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi guys,

Not sure if this has been answered, is world tournaments included in career mode?

D

Deleted member 46200

Hi guys,

Not sure if this has been answered, is world tournaments included in career mode?
I am lead to believe they are if not someone will step in, never want to see a fellow Londoner hang.

GoomiLad96

School Cricketer
Someone help, ive been picked fo yorkshire in some english t20 league and can not play one of them because the game crashes everytime i try to play, am forced to simulate the whole season which is very annoying, every other team ive played for has worked?

Hussain92

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Hi. Does anyone know how to fix the uniform issue in the career mode. my international team has started wearing white in all formats of the game (Tests, ODIs and T20s)?

Ned

School Cricketer
I posted about this and got no response.
The average doesn't work for me.
I need to know how to fix this, completely ruins career mode for me.
Spent $100 on this game so would expect better from a feature as simple as calculating the average. My average goes down when I score more then my average. I restarted career mode, have played about 8 of the club T20 games, yet in the stats it says I have had like 16 innings and my average is about 20 when it should be 40.
How do I fix this because it COMPLETELY RUINS THE GAME

seves009

Club Cricketer
In career stats were updating still before i selected for international team after dat no update in stats... any help to fix it

Fantazm

County Cricketer
I hate the number 49. I'm playing a lovely innings in a 50 over chase, not chasing a great deal, then a cut shot gets taken by superman gully. It wasn't aggressive, it wasn't played with any triggers just a nice normal cut shot.

This game isn't good for my level of swearing. I'm sure all it does is annoy me in differing ways.

Talking of which, what on earth is "batsman skill" setting on the bowling machine when using the training in career? The batsman is my player. He has my skill. Just bloody bowl a ball to me at the speed I choose will you?

Last edited:

Ruckus

School Cricketer
I posted about this and got no response.
The average doesn't work for me.
I need to know how to fix this, completely ruins career mode for me.
Spent $100 on this game so would expect better from a feature as simple as calculating the average. My average goes down when I score more then my average. I restarted career mode, have played about 8 of the club T20 games, yet in the stats it says I have had like 16 innings and my average is about 20 when it should be 40.
How do I fix this because it COMPLETELY RUINS THE GAME

I think those stats go by every time you close the game/match mid-match. Say you play 1 innings but play that 1 innings over 3 log ins over 3 days and score 60. When you go out to bat in your second game it will say avg of 60 but on your season stats it will say 1 match 3 innings avg of 20. Completely stuffed up yeah but it happens to me too and probably everyone else as well. I heard it might be fixed for patch 4 but Big Ant have been absolutely horrid in regards to communication with us for DBC17 so who knows..

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I think those stats go by every time you close the game/match mid-match. Say you play 1 innings but play that 1 innings over 3 log ins over 3 days and score 60. When you go out to bat in your second game it will say avg of 60 but on your season stats it will say 1 match 3 innings avg of 20. Completely stuffed up yeah but it happens to me too and probably everyone else as well. I heard it might be fixed for patch 4 but Big Ant have been absolutely horrid in regards to communication with us for DBC17 so who knows..

The stats thing is a real downer and spoils career mode , the basic formulas to calculate averages seems broken , its been discussed quite a lot on here , the stats in cricket are a major part of its appeal for me , I reference a lot when watching on TV or live , hopefully they'll be fixed in the next update , and separating international and domestic stats is a must too :)

Ruckus

School Cricketer
I'm just hoping the incorrect stats don't weigh in when you're being considered for a higher selection. I hope average and form play a huge factor.. I have good on both but low overall batting skill as I've neglected a few stats like cut shot, special shots and defence. Could easily boost my overall rating after a few games worth of 'wages' but not improve my player in regards to how I play.
By avg I mean ACTUAL avg..

Users who are viewing this thread