DBC 17 - The Complete Review! Please Answer the Poll!

To what extent do you agree with this review?

• Strongly Agree

Votes: 76 55.9%
  • Somewhat Agree

Votes: 29 21.3%
  • On the Fence

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Somewhat Disagree

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Strongly Disagree

Votes: 13 9.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberts

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
If only you could be as critical and open to the issues that exist in the game....you would not be trying to undermine and find faults in the thread title or poll options where none exist.

But there are issues in your thread title, poll and even the body of the text. It's a perfectly reasonable comment for them to make, particularly when those issues are undermining the effectiveness of your original post. By being able to improve such in the future, you could more effectively get your point across, and help further discussion more.

R

Royce

I would respectfully disagree on that one. An effective argument is one that both sides can at least engage with at some level. Starting off with inflammatory remarks makes it a "preaching to the choir" argument immediately, making it hard, even impossible, to gain traction with readers of opposing opinions.

Their speed of returning the ball can be a bit annoying at times. I've been run out taking a quick single hitting it to a fielder before though. That's more a minor issue of tightening up some elements though, rather than a massive problem. The superfielders in DBC 14 caused far more issues than that.

I would love to see a video of you running six. Would illustrate your point well too.

I've only been dropped by the AI once in 3 Test matches. Odd that we're having opposing experiences.

So now you're saying that the keepers are too good. Do you have a video of that experience, because that's the kind of thing where evidence of it happening could be very useful for debugging purposes.

Again, we have quite different opinions of the game, but I don't doubt that through civil discussions of its strengths and weaknesses any rough points could be fixed for a better gaming experience for all.

Nah, no vids... the ps4 isn't plugged into the net 99% of the time and I'm pretty sure I need that to record stuff on there, so not my forte :P

The video about the keeper however is somewhere on these forums, god only knows where tho!

I agree, so what would you say are the greatest strengths of the game are?

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
If only you could be as critical and open to the issues that exist in the game....you would not be trying to undermine and find faults in the thread title or poll options where none exist.

Hold up. I have said I have no issue with the contents of your post. I'm not making ANY reference to the issues that exist in the game, positive, negative or otherwise.

If you genuinely believe your poll will achieve anything, then good luck to you. I offered to fix it, and promote a balanced discussion. But nah, let's keep the confirmation bias going.

grkrama

National Board President

The amount of issues & features Snowy has reported and fixed from academy times along with his creations there is higher than the number for rant posts on this forum.

Also im not calling your review as rant incase you get the wrong idea its a well written opinion though not sure if it can be stated as truth for all.

varunschuey

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I prefer to keep my anonimity online, but my articles are of a very different genre to this. I'd suggest taking Snowy's advice though. The key is not getting too hyperbolic with points, and carefully wording title and polls. If you want I can dig up some articles on attitude scale design (for better poll design in the future), while just having "My review of DBC 17" would have been sufficient for the title.

On the graphics point I raised, saying it as "something seems off with how the graphics look" works better than "looks like a [insert console from the past] game".

Again, you overall raised some good points, but the key is to keep things as balanced as possible. In many ways you achieved that, but there was an overall undercurrent throughout. Even a better worded title and poll alone would have greatly improved that though.

@Alberts You say I make a lot of valid points and yet you vote 'Not at All'. This is the kind of hypocrisy and fan boy mentality that has allowed developers to treat cricket gamers like 2nd rate citizens.

Most people here act as if Bigant are doing them a favour and are scared of antagonizing them....gimme a break...know that you deserve more and demand for at least 50% quality not only for what you paid in cash but more importantly for the time that most community members invested on the forums as well as creating content for the game.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
And therein lies the problem with your poll, whereby you use the results to call someone a fan boy.

Poll has been deleted.

You can continue the discussion without it.

varunschuey

Club Captain
And therein lies the problem with your poll, whereby you use the results to call someone a fan boy.

Poll has been deleted.

And there you go...proof of the pudding.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
I'll repeat, you can continue your discussion.

There is nothing impeding your ability to do so.

varunschuey

Club Captain
I'll repeat, you can continue your discussion.

There is nothing impeding your ability to do so.

Quite possible that you will delete the thread when you please......just like you did with the poll as the majority of the users seemed to be in consensus. Not sure what your objective is mate. You did not delete My poll but...you deleted the voted opinion of dozens of forum members....good job moderating!

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Now that the poll is deleted, I am awaitng Royce to rant out how this game is bad and how it made the poll to be deleted too.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Quite possible that you will delete the thread when you please......just like you did with the poll as the majority of the users seemed to be in consensus. Not sure what your objective is mate. You did not delete My poll but...you deleted the voted opinion of dozens of forum members....good job moderating!

They can voice their opinion via posting, not via a poorly constructed poll.

Like I have said, multiple times now, I have NO ISSUE with your post, and do in fact agree with many points. The issue was a poll that was designed (intentionally or unintentionally) to promoted unbalanced discussion. You're not going to get away with singling out a member for how they voted. It doesn't help anyone.

R

Royce

Poll has been deleted.

On what basis have you deleted the poll? He didn't even call him a fanboy, he suggested a mentality that was of a similar nature... You might even say he COMPARED him to a fanboy, you like comparisons don't you?? Try thinking of it that way!

And realistically, you can't suggest that you agree with someone, then select the poll option of "I don't agree at all" without eyebrows being raised...[DOUBLEPOST=1482208547][/DOUBLEPOST]
Now that the poll is deleted, I am awaitng Royce to rant out how this game is bad and how it made the poll to be deleted too.

Hehe :P

Alberts

International Coach
Nah, no vids... the ps4 isn't plugged into the net 99% of the time and I'm pretty sure I need that to record stuff on there, so not my forte :P

The video about the keeper however is somewhere on these forums, god only knows where tho!

I agree, so what would you say are the greatest strengths of the game are?

Out of curiosity if you don't have it plugged into the internet, did you update the game after release?

You just hit the share button, save the video (it'll be the last 15 minutes of gameplay). From there you can go into your capture gallery and save that video to a USB, and from there upload it to youtube. There is functionality to do it from the PS4 itself, but if you're not keen on keeping it on the internet, then that's the best way to do it. In any case, you don't need it on the internet to use the share functionality.

Bowling is certainly a big strength, there are more realistic edges so far, which is nice. The fielders and such actually move more like people, which is certainly a plus. Greater control of game physics and difficulty are certainly nice, as is the potential for the new academy. The graphics for day night matches is beautiful at times too. It's a solid improvement in many areas, and it appears to have the potential to be a very good game in most areas.

Reactions: DAP
R

Royce

They can voice their opinion via posting, not via a poorly constructed poll.

Like I have said, multiple times now, I have NO ISSUE with your post, and do in fact agree with many points. The issue was a poll that was designed (intentionally or unintentionally) to promoted unbalanced discussion. You're not going to get away with singling out a member for how they voted. It doesn't help anyone.

The issue of whether or not it helps anyone is not important, is this actually a violation of the rules of the forum? (I don't know them, the link to the forum rules takes me to "Tweets by Planet Cricket :/...)

Alberts

International Coach
@Alberts You say I make a lot of valid points and yet you vote 'Not at All'. This is the kind of hypocrisy and fan boy mentality that has allowed developers to treat cricket gamers like 2nd rate citizens.

Most people here act as if Bigant are doing them a favour and are scared of antagonizing them....gimme a break...know that you deserve more and demand for at least 50% quality not only for what you paid in cash but more importantly for the time that most community members invested on the forums as well as creating content for the game.

I voted "Not at all" due to the wording of the poll, title and the point about the graphics. I did not agree with those at all. If the poll had offered me "somewhat disagree" as an option, I'd have gone with that. Sadly, the wording of your poll offered me two options, not voting, or the catch-all disagree option. I decided to vote for the catch-all disagree option.

I'm such a fanboy of BigAnt that @BigAntStudios and I have had multi-week long flamewars in the past.

Big Ant have made a good game with some teething issues, exactly as happened with DBC 14. I'm enjoying it, as are many others. The patches will come and the game will be improved as it was last time. It seems that the memories of the wait for "patch 2" last time out have faded beyond living memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread