DBC 17 - The Complete Review! Please Answer the Poll!

To what extent do you agree with this review?

• Strongly Agree

Votes: 76 55.9%
  • Somewhat Agree

Votes: 29 21.3%
  • On the Fence

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Somewhat Disagree

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Strongly Disagree

Votes: 13 9.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Even the grounds and crowds?

Yes

@SnowyCasanova - I am no expert on graphics, so what you are saying may be right. My observation that it has PS3 level graphics is based on general consensus and the fact that I cannot see much difference between DBC 14 (which was a PS3 game) and DBC 17 in terms of graphics (significant number of people have even termed the graphics worse than DBC 14).

It's largely subjective. While I disagree it looks like a PS3 game, the graphics don't dictate my enjoyment all that much. I don't expect a graphical masterpiece, nor do I expect a PS3 level experience. I'm delivered neither - my assessment is that it looks good enough for me.

varunschuey

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@SnowyCasanova I share similar sentiment...please read my take on graphics.....highlighted is my final say on graphics and its importance....as posted in the review.

The graphics are similar to an early PS3 game and appears to run at an acceptable frame rate. It appears that there is a slight improvement in graphics (especially the grass) as opposed to DBC 14, but definitely not one would expect for a game released almost 3 years after its predecessor. Graphics in my opinion is definitely not a deal breaker and can be palated if core game play issues were to be fixed.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Yes, I read that and we're in agreement with that general idea that it's not a deal breaker or maker. Just personally think 'early PS3' game is way off the mark, and gameplay doesn't personally impact my assessment/acceptance of graphic quality.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
R

Royce

Doing a publicity of your own website is against the rule of the website. Mod's kindly take the action and remove the links

Pretty sure no-one thinks he's going to gain much from doing that lol :P "Oh mods help, a link to somewhere where this person has posted the exact same thing they posted here!!! HEEEEEELP!!"...

varunschuey

Club Captain
Yes, I read that and we're in agreement with that general idea that it's not a deal breaker or maker. Just personally think 'early PS3' game is way off the mark, and gameplay doesn't personally impact my assessment/acceptance of graphic quality.
I feel that gameplay and graphics go hand in hand:

If the graphics are amazing and the gameplay is bad....it makes a bad game.

If the graphics are mediocre and the gameplay is bad....it makes a very, very bad game.

If the graphics are mediocre and the gameplay is good....it makes a good game....what I was hinting at and hoping for.

If the graphics are amazing and the gameplay is also good....it makes an outstanding game....such as NBK 17 and Fifa 17.

Last edited:

varunschuey

Club Captain
Just checked and Bigant have deleted my review from their forum. Wow, speak about taking feedback given as prescribed....sans emotion, structured, logical and with practical expectations.

Couple this with the fact that there has been no acknowledgement/response on this site either (although Ross was online a couple of hours ago), and I don't have much hope for solutions from BugAnt anymore.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
There has been a response. They can't reasonably be expected to respond to or acknowledge every post.

varunschuey

Club Captain
There has been a response. They can't reasonably be expected to respond to or acknowledge every post.

Seriously. Please quote their response where they have acknowledged all these issues.

If memory serves right...I remember Ross saying that these issues were being experienced only by a minority and it was largely due to the absence of the day one patch....he never actually accepted these issues.

Secondly, why have they deleted a well written and honest review from their website??

Alberts

International Coach
I feel that gameplay and graphics go hand in hand:

If the graphics are amazing and the gameplay is bad....it makes a bad game.

If the graphics are mediocre and the gameplay is bad....it makes a very, very bad game.

If the graphics are mediocre and the gameplay is good....it makes a good game....what I was hinting at and hoping for.

If the graphics are amazing and the gameplay is also good....it makes an outstanding game....such as NBK 17 and Fifa 17.

FIFA 17's gameplay is bad and graphics are good. By your metric that makes a bad game.

varunschuey

Club Captain
Which review did they delete?
The same review (in opening post) which I had also posted on the Bigant forums. Looks like they deleted it and reinstated it after reading my post here....the plot thickens :)[DOUBLEPOST=1482217782][/DOUBLEPOST]
FIFA 17's gameplay is bad and graphics are good. By your metric that makes a bad game.
Yeah...the shoot button is not working on Fifa 17, and when I try a goal kick the goalie is firing it into his own net...oh and wait my players are diving around like kangaroos, and mama mia the game crashed on me thrice today.

Alberts

International Coach
The same review (in opening post) which I had also posted on the Bigant forums. Looks like they deleted it and reinstated it after reading my post here....the plot thickens :)

Did you use the title that you originally had? Maybe you just thought it was deleted?

Yeah...the shoot button is not working on Fifa 17, and when I try a goal kick the goalie is firing it into his own net...oh and wait my players are diving around like kangaroos, and mama mia the game crashed on me thrice today.

EA have released some crash prone games in the past. The quality of FIFA games has been going backwards for years though, they do the bare minimum to get people to buy a new copy and buy FIFA points these days. I really hope that's not the standards that Big Ant are trying to emulate.

A keeper firing it into his own net from a goal kick would be a retake by the way.

varunschuey

Club Captain
Did you use the title that you originally had? Maybe you just thought it was deleted?

EA have released some crash prone games in the past. The quality of FIFA games has been going backwards for years though, they do the bare minimum to get people to buy a new copy and buy FIFA points these days. I really hope that's not the standards that Big Ant are trying to emulate.

A keeper firing it into his own net from a goal kick would be a retake by the way.
Yes of course! It would be a travesty if DBC ever becomes as pathetic as Fifa 17. I would pray that I never live to see the day. Thanks for enlightenment...you are but divine being. Aren't you Sir Albert?

Alberts

International Coach
Yes of course! It would be a travesty if DBC ever becomes as pathetic as Fifa 17. I would pray that I never live to see the day. Thanks for enlightenment...you are but divine being. Aren't you Sir Albert?

The name is Alberts, not Sir Albert. I'm not a monarchist.

Most of the gameplay issues you're describing is the kind of thing I'd expect from EA. No need for the sarcasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread