DBC 17 - The Complete Review! Please Answer the Poll!

To what extent do you agree with this review?

• Strongly Agree

Votes: 76 55.9%
  • Somewhat Agree

Votes: 29 21.3%
  • On the Fence

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Somewhat Disagree

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Strongly Disagree

Votes: 13 9.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Did you use the title that you originally had? Maybe you just thought it was deleted?

EA have released some crash prone games in the past. The quality of FIFA games has been going backwards for years though, they do the bare minimum to get people to buy a new copy and buy FIFA points these days. I really hope that's not the standards that Big Ant are trying to emulate.

A keeper firing it into his own net from a goal kick would be a retake by the way.
I stop buying FIFA games now because its just a waste of money buying the same dame game every year.

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
You some sort of fanboy mate?
Huh?

What's going on here?

P.S I'm reserving my right to remove thanks!

Edit: reserved my right :)

Last edited:

BittuGamz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
6. Cameras – The batting cameras are either the same or a slightly degraded version. The ‘Pro’ cam is shaky and unstable, while the standard ‘Batsman Far’ camera has something off about it (cannot put my finger on it) which makes playing spinners harder than usual.

The camera does not follow the ball after you play a shot and stays rooted to the pitch (acting as your running camera). This ruins the experience as you cannot see where exactly the ball ended up when you play it into the outfield, and more importantly from a satisfaction perspective as you cannot see a well hit shot careening across/over the ropes. Although there was no ‘Follow the Ball’ camera in DBC 14, it at least had an option to switch to a Fielding cam which gave a better perspective while running.

This can be solved if they can add the Fielding 1, 2 and 3 camera's in Running cameras.

kasabian21

International Coach
You some sort of fanboy mate?

I'm impartial. I just think it is ridiculous for someone who hasn't played the game to suggest they should have put DBC14 + the hack on disc instead of DBC17. If he'd played the game then I'd have no issue with that comment, but as he hasn't I don't think he should be making comments like that. It provides zero value and has zero credibility - yet with his 'standing' on here obviously people will give it both.

The game has issues that need to be addressed (we are all aware of this), but hyberbole and OTT hissy fits don't help anyone, and this place seems to have turned into a breeding ground for both. People just need to relax and look at BA's history - I have every confidence they will resolve this, despite releasing a slighty less than par game.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
The graphics are a mixed bag. There have been some stunning images here and then you see bland expressionless female players in the trailer.

I think the crowds would look better if they weren't dancing around all the time. Some of the stadiums looks nice but it's hard to make pretty stadiums with the editor at this point due to limited options (particularly for roofs), finicky controls that make it almost impossible to properly encircle a ground and frequent crashes.

Also you have things that are more of a bug issue like the low-res textures but you can't criticise someone for calling that a graphical fault.

But overall, graphics are far from the thing preventing me from enjoying this game right now.

I think also sometimes when people are judging the graphics they are actually judging the animations, which have been a let down unfortunately.

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
many people's liking.

Many, many, many
Can't we stick to facts rather than grossly generalised comments that help nobody?

Good shout mate, bit of bug bare of mine is; There's no cover drive... When in actual fact there is, its just has a very limited direction in which it travels.

kasabian21

International Coach
Many, many, many

Good shout mate, bit of bug bare of mine is; There's no cover drive... When in actual fact there is, its just has a very limited direction in which it travels.

I just like to stick to facts.

Cover area inaccessible: not true.
Behind square inaccessible: not true.

I have posted wagon wheels in other threads that show both of those statements to be false.

Cover drive exists but doesn't go square enough and appears to have been replaced by a front foot cut. Leg glances are there, but don't go fine enough.

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Yup! Thats surely the most economical way to go about this, and would make it a much faster process!

BRAB

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Huh?

What's going on here?

P.S I'm reserving my right to remove thanks!

I'm impartial. I just think it is ridiculous for someone who hasn't played the game to suggest they should have put DBC14 + the hack on disc instead of DBC17. If he'd played the game then I'd have no issue with that comment, but as he hasn't I don't think he should be making comments like that. It provides zero value and has zero credibility - yet with his 'standing' on here obviously people will give it both.

The game has issues that need to be addressed (we are all aware of this), but hyberbole and OTT hissy fits don't help anyone, and this place seems to have turned into a breeding ground for both. People just need to relax and look at BA's history - I have every confidence they will resolve this, despite releasing a slighty less than par game.

It was a joke you fools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread