DBC17 Patch 3 Now Available on PS4/Xbox One

After installing Patch 3..International Career mode kits are only Test match kits respective of formats..Anyone facing this issue..any solution??
Just selected for England T20 side and the kits are the T20 ones - haven't been picked for ODIs yet

I am a bowling all rounder and am 67 ovr and every 2 or 3 games I get a shot being popped up to my player whilst bowling however the reaction catch meter does not appear. I assumed the problem was "reflex catching" which I maxed out at 90 while also upgrading my "catching" and "close" to 55 each. Even after all these upgrades the reaction meter doesn't appear. If anyone knows if this is a problem or if I need to increase a certain stat to a certain level please let me know by replying.

NOTE: I am a fast medium bowler playing on Legend difficulty and Hard bowling difficulty.

So should I start a serious career post patch 3? Can I do the get best now or should I only download the suggested teams in academy thread?

My recommendation would be to play bunch of casual matches to get a handle on the updated batting else you may get frustrated. Also keep in mind the kits don't work properly in career mode, i.e. it seems only one kit is assigned to a team for all formats. Some teams will play all matches in their odi kits while others will play all the matches in Test kit/whites. If this doesn't bug you then you should be able to go ahead with the career.

By the way I would still download the recommended teams mentioned in the academy section from casper, fissionmailed, friedlele7 and karolkarol. Once you download the teams do make sure you go through the team lineups and adjust the lineups (e.g., starting lineup, captain, wkt keeper, opening bowlers etc.) and assign the lineups to various formats. E.g., I had to tweak a few player skills/attributes as I found them to be inaccurate or not what I wanted. Some bowlers were listed as 'Medium' when I thought they should be 'Fast Medium' etc.

Not moving any posts!

Obviously there is some kind of connection between yourself and BigAnt. Which is fine, however as a consumer I should be satisfied with my purchase which I am not.

Big Ant should be apologising to us consumers who are not happy with there product and providing us with information on how they intend to fix and when.

I know you love them but reading through these forums there are many disgruntled customers.

At the end of the day you do right by people or they never come back!

I hear you and I understand where you're coming from. Sure there are a few issues with the game, specifically poor AI fields (there are no defensive or conservative fields), AI fields not remaining the same for users even though you assign them, acrobatic superhuman wkt keeper against spinners, close-in fielders which act as meat shields stopping everything and AI fielding which still needs some work. Trust me I get frustrated as well with some of these issues.

But to play devil's advocate and being a bit pragmatic, maybe it wasn't possible for Big Ant to fix all the issues without taking a long time. They had to make a quick turn-around due to some game-breaking bugs and they prioritized the same so that the console users could at least have a better gameplay experience rather than wait for months before a mega patch comes which solves all the issues. Yes there are issues but IMO they are taking the best possible approach to get there.

My recommendation would be to play bunch of casual matches to get a handle on the updated batting else you may get frustrated. Also keep in mind the kits don't work properly in career mode, i.e. it seems only one kit is assigned to a team for all formats. Some teams will play all matches in their odi kits while others will play all the matches in Test kit/whites. If this doesn't bug you then you should be able to go ahead with the career.

By the way I would still download the recommended teams mentioned in the academy section from casper, fissionmailed, friedlele7 and karolkarol. Once you download the teams do make sure you go through the team lineups and adjust the lineups (e.g., starting lineup, captain, wkt keeper, opening bowlers etc.) and assign the lineups to various formats. E.g., I had to tweak a few player skills/attributes as I found them to be inaccurate or not what I wanted. Some bowlers were listed as 'Medium' when I thought they should be 'Fast Medium' etc.

Do I have to link the teams as well? I have no freaking idea what linking is for.

So should I start a serious career post patch 3? Can I do the get best now or should I only download the suggested teams in academy thread?
Even I had same question. I haven't started career mode yet and I want start it only after most of notable issues related to career mode are fixed. Looks like i will wait until next patch then.

Are the statistics bugs fixed? Previously when i got 100 or 50 it was duplicating them in my stats. My runs total was correct but the amount of 100s and 50s i had would add 2.

Not a lot has been said about stutters and lags on PS4, especially when playing in custom stadiums (but sometimes even on default ones). Is it only happening for a select few people? I definitely notice stutters when the AI bowler is running in - but usually it only happens when I bat using Close Batsman camera. If I switch to Batsman Far, it seems smoother. Anyone else noticed this?

From the Patch 2 FAQ Thread:
There is a remaining issue that logos in downloaded teams are taking more memory than is available which is causing crashes in Career Mode and Competitions. “Get Best” will use standard logos from now on until this can be rectified.

Has this been fixed? I think not since there is no mention of this in Patch 3 release notes and it is likely that the stuttering problem maybe related to this. Would be great if @MattW can confirm that if this issue is something that the team is still working on. From my experience, memory leaks are a bitch to fix and I can imagine it might be too time and resource consuming and BA might have prioritised other items for Patch 3. I just hope this fix makes it's way in, in the next Patch.

Not a lot has been said about stutters and lags on PS4, especially when playing in custom stadiums (but sometimes even on default ones). Is it only happening for a select few people? I definitely notice stutters when the AI bowler is running in - but usually it only happens when I bat using Close Batsman camera. If I switch to Batsman Far, it seems smoother. Anyone else noticed this?

From the Patch 2 FAQ Thread:

Has this been fixed? I think not since there is no mention of this in Patch 3 release notes and it is likely that the stuttering problem maybe related to this. Would be great if @MattW can confirm that if this issue is something that the team is still working on. From my experience, memory leaks are a bitch to fix and I can imagine it might be too time and resource consuming and BA might have prioritised other items for Patch 3. I just hope this fix makes it's way in, in the next Patch.

I still get stutters and frame-rate issues as the bowler runs in but it happens quite infrequently. I bat with "Far Batsman" camera and have stopped using custom stadiums so that might be the reason the issue is manageable.

Not sure if it has been asked, but has there been an increase in the logo limit with the patch?

I hear you and I understand where you're coming from. Sure there are a few issues with the game, specifically poor AI fields (there are no defensive or conservative fields), AI fields not remaining the same for users even though you assign them, acrobatic superhuman wkt keeper against spinners, close-in fielders which act as meat shields stopping everything and AI fielding which still needs some work. Trust me I get frustrated as well with some of these issues.

But to play devil's advocate and being a bit pragmatic, maybe it wasn't possible for Big Ant to fix all the issues without taking a long time. They had to make a quick turn-around due to some game-breaking bugs and they prioritized the same so that the console users could at least have a better gameplay experience rather than wait for months before a mega patch comes which solves all the issues. Yes there are issues but IMO they are taking the best possible approach to get there.

And i thought this was just a game..

It's just lumped in under the 'stability improvements' item - stuttering rather than crashing would be a distinct issue. If there's specific combinations of teams/stadium/camera/mode that are particularly bad for you, I can look into those.

MattW - could you also advise on how we can have competitions and world cups at host nation grounds?

Users who are viewing this thread