DBC17 Patch 3 Now Available on PS4/Xbox One

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
When I usually bat its like the ball stutters for a while before bouncing on the pitch. Due to that whenever I play a shot the timing is messed up and I get out. Maybe its only happening to me that is why I didn't post it on the glitches forum.

Ah so you are suffering from the frame-rate drops and stuttering issue as the bowler runs in! What worked me was to stop playing in custom & downloaded stadiums. Use the OOB stadiums the game came with (e.g., SYDNEY CRICKET GROUND, MELBOURNE STADIUM, ADELAIDE PARK, WELLINGTON PARK, DELHI PARK, SUSSEX OVAL, LANCASHIRE STADIUM etc.). I find that if I play the match in default stadiums the frame-rate & stuttering issue is manageable. I still get occasional stuttering & frame-rate issues but they are manageable. Hopefully Big Ant will fix the issue in the next patch.

But I suggest you mention this as a bug in the "Bugs" thread which is stickied in the forum. That way Big Ant will have visibility into the issue.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Ah so you are suffering from the frame-rate drops and stuttering issue as the bowler runs in! What worked me was to stop playing in custom & downloaded stadiums. Use the OOB stadiums the game came with (e.g., SYDNEY CRICKET GROUND, MELBOURNE STADIUM, ADELAIDE PARK, WELLINGTON PARK, DELHI PARK, SUSSEX OVAL, LANCASHIRE STADIUM etc.). I find that if I play the match in default stadiums the frame-rate & stuttering issue is manageable. I still get occasional stuttering & frame-rate issues but they are manageable. Hopefully Big Ant will fix the issue in the next patch.

But I suggest you mention this as a bug in the "Bugs" thread which is stickied in the forum. That way Big Ant will have visibility into the issue.

as far as i can tell, you can either play in a custom stadium with no bats, or a normal stadium with custom bats, but trying to play in a custom stadium with custom bats is entirely out of the question on ps4.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
as far as i can tell, you can either play in a custom stadium with no bats, or a normal stadium with custom bats, but trying to play in a custom stadium with custom bats is entirely out of the question on ps4.
not true -- i play custom stadiums and custom bats and not seeing this issue at all -- PS4

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
not true -- i play custom stadiums and custom bats and not seeing this issue at all -- PS4

then you're very lucky. i played the whole of my rebel tour in custom stadiums fine: as soon as i added custom bats it was unplayable.

Reactions: Pat

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Good for you but my experience differs from yours, and not in a good way.

Reactions: Pat

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Good for you but my experience differs from yours, and not in a good way.
Yes I find things differ alot from user to user, I was under the impression the amount of installed games on yr ps4 had an influence on crashes....still gathering data ;)

This is proof of how difficult it really is to test the game before market.

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Which batting camera do you use? Have you tried playing in a custom stadium with lot of ad-boards (and playing with downloaded teams with kits and bats)? From my experience, lags are more noticeable when batting in close batsmen camera. If possible, when you play next time, can you record and upload a video (say an over of fast-bowler in the 10th or 15th over of the match?)

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Which batting camera do you use? Have you tried playing in a custom stadium with lot of ad-boards (and playing with downloaded teams with kits and bats)? From my experience, lags are more noticeable when batting in close batsmen camera.
i use batting far

Pat

International Coach
i use batting far

Please try using Close Batsman camera next time especially after playing for a while (like say after 10 overs or so) and let us know if it is still smooth for you :)

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Please try using Close Batsman camera next time especially after playing for a while (like say after 10 overs or so) and let us know if it is still smooth for you :)
I can't tell if its unplayable, to me its unplayable just because i hate that camera angle :) otherwise i can still play shots....

Pat

International Coach
I can't tell if its unplayable, to me its unplayable just because i hate that camera angle :) otherwise i can still play shots....

No I mean in terms of how smooth the game runs and if there are any frame-drops. Are you on PS4 Pro or normal PS4? If Pro, then it's likely that lags may not be happening for you because Pro is a much, more powerful machine.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
No I mean in terms of how smooth the game runs and if there are any frame-drops. Are you on PS4 Pro or normal PS4? If Pro, then it's likely that lags may not be happening for you because Pro is a much, more powerful machine.
Normal PS4 and as I said I can play shots normally, so I don't think there are fram drops -- not that I am noticing? lucky me? maybe I should upload a video.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Yes I find things differ alot from user to user, I was under the impression the amount of installed games on yr ps4 had an influence on crashes....still gathering data ;)

This is proof of how difficult it really is to test the game before market.

DBC is the only game on my ps4 which was brand new at dbc release. I have had some but few crashes. The custom stadia were fine until I introduced custom bats as well.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa

I also play with Custom Bats ,Logos , Kits and Custom Stadiums with all flashing Custom Adboards since Day 1 of this Game without any stutters on my Standard PS4.

I also bat on Far Batsman , so maybe that is the common denominator .

Users who are viewing this thread