DBC17 Videos

Effects of being down to earth [HASHTAG]#CEO[/HASHTAG] of big ant Studios ROSS....

Multiplied by much, much more than just your two lines - it's the death of a thousand cuts. If you're not adding you're taking away.
Ok Ross I hope I won't add to your misery ever again. I would hate to cause distress to the one man who is trying to make us a cricket game of our dreams.

As long as you can hook/pull the ball anywhere in the arc ranging from widish mid mid-wicket to deep fine leg depending on where your right stick is pointing while playing the shot, I'm fine. As I mentioned earlier, I would prefer more range to the shots over more refined or multiple animations. This is just the second iteration of the DBC franchise and things will get added over time and the game will only get better from here.

Last edited:
I don't know what inputs were being used in @aabretz video? But based on what I see, the batsman isn't pivoting on the back foot far enough. The chest should nearly be pointing between square leg and fine leg after the shot. So in all honesty it doesn't look right.
Hi LittleBigPlanet i was using the xbox 360 controller on the Pc. Most backfoot shots you should be moving back and across and then privet. My dad was the coach of Andrew Symonds when he was a boy playing for North Qld team rep side. Even tho in my video the game doesnt really show the correct movements in some shots it still feels quite nice tho

This game looks bloody fantastic. So much depth and crisp graphics. I just hope I have the skills to play it.... but I'll give it my best shot.

We are on the same boat oz. Let's hope our shit reflexes can stand the test of intuitive batting of this game.

This game looks bloody fantastic. So much depth and crisp graphics. I just hope I have the skills to play it.... but I'll give it my best shot.

It should be easier to handle than the previous, we've tried to make the controls a lot more accessible and intuitive.

Hi Ross, I hope this is useful rather than in unconstructive...I'm loving the look and feel so far, the one thing that seems off is bounce, carry and swing after the ball passes the stumps (off fast bowlers). Seems the ball doesn't carry off the pacemen as far as it should, nor does it bounce as high as expected. While the swing after the stumps is exaggerated (or is this just because there's no keeper so the ball stays on its arcing path)?
Looking forward to tomorrow's update!

Hi Ross, I hope this is useful rather than in unconstructive...I'm loving the look and feel so far, the one thing that seems off is bounce, carry and swing after the ball passes the stumps (off fast bowlers). Seems the ball doesn't carry off the pacemen as far as it should, nor does it bounce as high as expected. While the swing after the stumps is exaggerated (or is this just because there's no keeper so the ball stays on its arcing path)?
Looking forward to tomorrow's update!
Those things are not at all final , if you want bounce use marker and set as short as possible , it gives better bounce for now you could use this and that swing is because the bowler is maxed out skill guy...

It should be easier to handle than the previous, we've tried to make the controls a lot more accessible and intuitive.
I'm also one who struggles with being able to react quick enough to make batting decisions rather than premeditating everything. I have found, however, that batting in the demo feels much better than DBC14...I know that things aren't final yet and we are batting with The Don but I do tend to hit shots with greater consistency and roughly where I want to place them (apart from driving through the covers), so I'm really optimistic that this will be much more accessible for me, when the game gets released. I particularly like the greater mobility before the ball is bowled...allowing me to get into position better....oh, yes, and charging down the pitch to a pace bowler is something that I can now do with the new controls, which I could never do in DBC14.

Hi LittleBigPlanet i was using the xbox 360 controller on the Pc. Most backfoot shots you should be moving back and across and then privet. My dad was the coach of Andrew Symonds when he was a boy playing for North Qld team rep side. Even tho in my video the game doesnt really show the correct movements in some shots it still feels quite nice tho

Thats obviously the most important thing, isnt it?-the feel. Thanks again @aabretz ! Liking how your doing the one shot vids buddy, it gives us guys not on pc a chance to check out how certain things are coming along:thumbs

Have to say from a 'spectators' point of view that the mo-cap has definitely made a big difference in the fluidity of most shots, personally i tweaking love the new front and back foot drives!!! They look mint:tick::tick::tick:

Here it is:

Skip the first minute though :P

Kinda struggled there :D

Great video, really excited to see spin bowlers bowling actual spins instead of the "swinging drifts" we are used to see in DBC14 (thats the best explanation i could think of :p ). However, if someone can post a video about batting against spin bowling that would be awesome. In DBC14 the ball doesnt spin much so its a bit easier to place and time shots, how will we judge the line and spin of the ball here?

Can someone do a video of dabs down the third man area since that is a very productive way of scoring in limited overs cricket. Also add in some defensive blocks both front foot and back foot.

Can someone do a video of dabs down the third man area since that is a very productive way of scoring in limited overs cricket. Also add in some defensive blocks both front foot and back foot.
Will be up shortly

Users who are viewing this thread