Review Demo impressions thread

Could someone post a video of them charging the bowlers. None of the videos so far have shown this feature. Cheers

The main thing I noticied that if the bowler wasn't confident they'd bowl it too full or too short. When confident the length bowled was spot on and the ball was alot more difficult to hit\attack causing me to play defensive shots.

I've mostly been playing on normal but have played on hard also.
Hard is difficult in my opinion i'm suprised to hear that others are slogging without losing wickets. After playing the game I'm convinced that if you slogged in a full test match you'd be all out by lunch with less then 150.

Nice to hear that positive response from you about the AI bowling.Can you tell a bit more about the AI batting too?Was the AI too aggresive as some people experienced on hard mode?How was the total expereince of playing the game and how many matches did u play in total?

I'd like to see a video of a spinner bowling, with the batsman surrounded by close in fielders, to see if that is still an 'insta-wicket' solution, as it has been in many cricket games.

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

I received a generic email from Codies saying "We are planning a PS3 demo for Ashes Cricket 2009 but do not have an exact date for this yet unfortunately."

So take what you will from that.

Where's the email for PC owners?

Codies know that people are going to be making little mods to increase the length of the game on PC, so to try to keep that to a minimum I expect they're holding back.

Good point.

Are you people sure that the demo is an earler build of the game?I hope it should be so that the bugs like player ratings:p and the AI bowling the same lengths can be adjusted;).Now can't wait for the pc demo any longer.....

I'm sure I read by a mod that the demo is 2 weeks behind the version they played. So the Demo is most likely 6 or 7 weeks behind the released copy.
With regards to the player ratings don't forget the more you play the game the more points you have to adjust a players rating. Let's be honest Stuart Broad, Monty Panesar etc are currently no world beaters. Someone mentioned Matt Prior's batting stats are fairly low I think he's rated at 62 but when you see KP rated at 82 I would say that's correct.

I'm sure I read by a mod that the demo is 2 weeks behind the version they played. So the Demo is most likely 6 or 7 weeks behind the released copy.
With regards to the player ratings don't forget the more you play the game the more points you have to adjust a players rating. Let's be honest Stuart Broad, Monty Panesar etc are currently no world beaters. Someone mentioned Matt Prior's batting stats are fairly low I think he's rated at 62 but when you see KP rated at 82 I would say that's correct.

If you're right, that's very good news for the full game! :happy

I thought that barmyarmy or one of the mods said the PC demo will come out a week after the xbox one, so 6 days to go

After playing the demo I'm so confident it will be top notch I have booked off the 7-10th Aug from work to play it. Is that a be sad? :cool:

@Chrystovski

Nice to hear that positive response from you about the AI bowling.Can you tell a bit more about the AI batting too?Was the AI too aggresive as some people experienced on hard mode?How was the total expereince of playing the game and how many matches did u play in total?

I have not played it, but no one has mentioned online play for the demo so far. In all the videos I have seen, the xboxlive option is not selectable.

Users who are viewing this thread