Review Demo impressions thread

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Is that confirmed then? Is the 360 demo definitely an older build?

Once again, any release date for PC demo?

Not confirmed, but it could be a reason for the delay, though I'd imagine unlikely. I reckon the PC delay is more to do with security, as it's a lot harder to "adjust" a console game than a PC game. Or, it might just be that MS paid for exclusivity of the demo.

In all honesty, giving out a demo of an old build (which we know it is from what Kamy said he was told at the playtest) is pretty poor to give a representation of the game and of themselves. Especially if some of the bugs they've fixed are ones which look quite amateurish.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Not confirmed, but it could be a reason for the delay, though I'd imagine unlikely. I reckon the PC delay is more to do with security, as it's a lot harder to "adjust" a console game than a PC game. Or, it might just be that MS paid for exclusivity of the demo.

In all honesty, giving out a demo of an old build (which we know it is from what Kamy said he was told at the playtest) is pretty poor to give a representation of the game and of themselves. Especially if some of the bugs they've fixed are ones which look quite amateurish.

Bloody idiotic if you ask me. Still, it gives us an idea of how amazing the full game will be if this is, indeed, an old build.

Assuming all we see in Xbox demo is in the PC demo of course...

Chrystovski

School Cricketer
Nice to hear that positive response from you about the AI bowling.Can you tell a bit more about the AI batting too?Was the AI too aggresive as some people experienced on hard mode?How was the total expereince of playing the game and how many matches did u play in total?

When the AI Batted first it played alot of defensive strokes and left alot of balls. I was able to restrict the AI quite often to 10 - 15 runs.
I have played the demo maybe 5 or 6 times against the AI. I'll play the game later and I'll let you know more about the AI batting. Most of the time I was bowling first (I didn't win one toss) so was constantly asked to field first bar once. And the AI was very attacking but I'm not sure if that was because I was bowling poorly.

Huegel

School Cricketer
I don't think the commentary has changed at all since then, Shane Warne apart and even then, he's probably got the lines of the second commentator from that game. Lazy yes, but I don't really care much about the commentary if the game is amazing.

I totally agree. From watching the vids, Aggers commentary actually seems to be lifted in one fell swoop from Brian Lara 99: ;)

YouTube - Brian Lara Cricket 99 - India v Ireland

God i loved that game, used to love if you left the game between overs, the commentators would start an in depth discussion about something random. lol Great stuff. I really hope this game is as good.

To say i'm looking forward to the pc demo would be an understatement. :)

P

pcfan123

is it possible to still buy BLC 99? I never got to play it, would love to give it a try.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
When the AI Batted first it played alot of defensive strokes and left alot of balls. I was able to restrict the AI quite often to 10 - 15 runs.
I have played the demo maybe 5 or 6 times against the AI. I'll play the game later and I'll let you know more about the AI batting. Most of the time I was bowling first (I didn't win one toss) so was constantly asked to field first bar once. And the AI was very attacking but I'm not sure if that was because I was bowling poorly.

Well, they have got only three overs to play with. :)

There was multiplayer (offline) with the demo, wasn't there? What was it like - considering that none of the AI issues would have any effect on it?

MasterBlaster76 added 3 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

is it possible to still buy BLC 99? I never got to play it, would love to give it a try.

Play.com (UK) : Brian Lara Cricket : PC Games - Free Delivery (if you're ok with Playtrade - never used them myself, I don't do second hand online.)

I'm not sure how well it sits with XP though - do some research and ask the guys here before getting it, not because of the price, but to avoid any possible disappointment on your behalf. :)

Edit: Demo here as well, but I don't know what that site's like as far as viruses etc are concerned.

http://downloads.gamezone.com/demos/d5423.htm

To be honest though mate, compared to the new game (going by the videos), BLIC 99 is extremely basic.

Last edited:

Chrystovski

School Cricketer
Well, they have got only three overs to play with. :)

There was multiplayer (offline) with the demo, wasn't there? What was it like - considering that none of the AI issues would have any effect on it?

That's true the only way to tell how intelligent the AI is at chasing down run rates will be when the full game is out. It's impossible to tell with only 3 overs and the AI might not be configured to know it's only got 3 overs to bat\bowl if that makes sense?

I played one multiplayer game offline against my Dad and i found out that if you don't bat well you will lose wickets. I won but I made 40\7 I was trying to slog everything I was getting edges all over the place, hence the loss of 7 wickets. :eek:

10dulkar

Club Cricketer
YouTube - Brian Lara Cricket 99 - India v Ireland

God i loved that game, used to love if you left the game between overs, the commentators would start an in depth discussion about something random. lol Great stuff. I really hope this game is as good.

Superb game it is... Loved it... All the shots were authentic....

Ricco_M

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can't wait for PC demo - after reading a few more promising reviews of the demo over the past few pages I've actually decided to bite the bullet and pre-orderfrom Play.

Just a few questions for the guys that have played it:

1)In relation to the Player Rating stats - what difference does it make in game for Batsmen and for Bowlers ie - do you notice that KP has more shots or is it easier to time?

2)Do the players have ratings for their fielding skills - ie - is it harder to take a catch with Panesar compared to Collyingwood.

3)Finally is it noticable that different batsmen have varying speeds running between the wickets? So using the Panesar/Collingwood example again is there a noticable difference?

Tanmay

Club Captain
Very positive reviews for you guys.I'm deffo buying this one for PC.
Man posting on PC after a long time:D

Chrystovski

School Cricketer
Can't wait for PC demo - after reading a few more promising reviews of the demo over the past few pages I've actually decided to bite the bullet and pre-orderfrom Play.

Just a few questions for the guys that have played it:

1)In relation to the Player Rating stats - what difference does it make in game for Batsmen and for Bowlers ie - do you notice that KP has more shots or is it easier to time?

2)Do the players have ratings for their fielding skills - ie - is it harder to take a catch with Panesar compared to Collyingwood.

3)Finally is it noticable that different batsmen have varying speeds running between the wickets? So using the Panesar/Collingwood example again is there a noticable difference?

1) Not sure how extra shots haven't played enough with KP to tell but I did notice it was alot easier to play attacking shots with KP then AC or AS.

2) Haven't took a catch with Collingwood but I did notice that when trying to take a catch with Monty (C&B) from a fairly weak shot I had a very small amount of "green time" when the ball was coming towards me. I ended up hitting A when on orange and he dropped it. When I was RP it seemed much easier to take catches in the slip area then when I was anyone else.

3) I noticied last night when I was the Oz that one batsman was slower then Phil Hughes but I can't remember who it was. But he was constantly playing catch up and nearly got run out twice.

10dulkar

Club Cricketer
Is it possible for Colin or someone who have contact with Codies/Transmission guys to confirm the demo is made out of older build?:help

Ricco_M

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
1) Not sure how extra shots haven't played enough with KP to tell but I did notice it was alot easier to play attacking shots with KP then AC or AS.

2) Haven't took a catch with Collingwood but I did notice that when trying to take a catch with Monty (C&B) from a fairly weak shot I had a very small amount of "green time" when the ball was coming towards me. I ended up hitting A when on orange and he dropped it. When I was RP it seemed much easier to take catches in the slip area then when I was anyone else.

3) I noticied last night when I was the Oz that one batsman was slower then Phil Hughes but I can't remember who it was. But he was constantly playing catch up and nearly got run out twice.

Thanks for the speedy response Chrystovski :)

Sounds promising that there are actual noticable differences between players that have a direct impact on gameplay.

Small things like that make a huge difference to your immersion and experience of the game

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Is it possible for Colin or someone who have contact with Codies/Transmission guys to confirm the demo is made out of older build?:help

I don't think it is possible. Even if it is old build, I don't think waiting for another two weeks(to get a real build) is going to be tough ;) We all waited for ages & it's just 2 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread