Review Demo impressions thread

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've got mixed feelings on this. Shane Warne as commentator is new and I like his real life commentating but he doesn't sound very good. Camera can get in the way as well. I lobbed a ball and couldn't even make out if it was a 4 or 6. Will try it abit more.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah the camera is terrible. And overall the game seems a bit dark; you can barely make out the ball half of the time.

MasterBlaster09

School Cricketer
Can anyone PLEASE upload a gameplay video on youtube?
Will be a big help to everyone :upray

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
My impressions:

Alright I'll make this short and simple as evertonfan has covered the basics and its quite late so im tired and will be off to bed shortly.

Batting wise its quite tough (yet still fun), it's basically all about timeing and choosing the right stroke for the right delivery. As the others said instead of smacking the ball around the park, you really had to (and wanted to) defend and play the ball along the ground which makes it really realistic.

I really enjoyed bowling the most funnily enough. Theres an array of delivery options to keep us cricket fans happy. I didn't notice any loopyness as some people are asking which is good and i'm seriously in love trying to place the right amount of swing to smash off stump out of the ground.

Fieldings good aswell, you really have to pay attention though as i dropped many catches due to pressing the button at the wrong time. I think everyones going to love the realistic edges. I had quite a few edges, one caught by the keep, a few in the slips and also a few dropped short and bobbed around

Now for the negatives. People who were whinging about BLIC 07 being to cartoony will probably whinge again. Whilst the graphics have improved, there's still something making me feel like the graphics are just glossed up from BLIC. Key player faces look good, but the rest look hardly anything like their real life life-counter parts (such as Siddle, Hilfy and Johnson). And the run ups look ordinary.

I was unhappy to see the bowling meter is still there, i thought the guys at transmission said this wasn't going to be included? Oh well.

I'm reasonably happy with the demo considering i hated BLIC 07. I hope that a lot was left out that will be included in the final product to please me even more.

Right off to bed, I might write some more tomorrow when i'm awake and answer any questions.

Last edited:

vishalsparadise

Club Cricketer
so a demo for xbox360..
sad am a PC user :onpc

atleast they are having a good time.
glad its miles better than BLIC07.
waiting for a gameplay video or few screenshots as soon as possible.
dont make us fans , who havnt had an experience with the game wait long , as u know how it feels :D

anyway , waiting till next week for the PC demo.
i know i wont be dissappointed.
can someone just tell about few new animations you have seen untill now.
any diving catches by fielders or new celebrations or some stuff like that which looked kinda cool.

:cheers

Last edited:

Rahul_Dravid

School Cricketer
here are some screen shots from another forum

40zsx.jpg

2mxjqfp.jpg

33z780z.jpg

2w4hg5k.jpg

b7fdhs.jpg

MasterBlaster09

School Cricketer
woo hoo!
Guys you can download the demo anywhere in the world!
I'm downloading it in Canada from my Console

Users who are viewing this thread