Review Demo impressions thread

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
From that vid. Loopiness looked better although bowling was over-pitched. Didn't like the catch, walking forward though.

Numayer

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Awesome, cheers for the screens.

dajesmac added 2 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

Did you turn off the bowling marker? Doesn't that make it impossible?

i wasn't playing just saw the video and posted the link mate

Numayer

School Cricketer
one of the good part of the game is that now umpires dont stick to their base positions and they move when ball is being throwed

sam1013

School Cricketer
My brother will record me playing for the next video - so you will be able to see the HUD in action.

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Okay I played it a bit more, anyone else find Hard as difficult as I did? 57 chasing and managed about 30. And is it me or is the AI overpitching a lot?

The camera IS SO bad. Sometimes it would zoom too much, sometimes it would zoom too far, sometimes you can't even see the ball, sometimes the ball would be in the corner of the screens when chasing. I can't frustrate how bad it can get.

nimish_sach

Club Cricketer
I think the gameplay overall is much better than BLC 2007. Ponting took a blinding catch diving backwards when i played an aerial shot over mid on. I played on normal difficulty and computer made 37/0 in 3 overs. I was bowling with Aus. However when I batted I clobbered around a few in first over got 3 run outs by the end of second over and required 20 runs. But then I just played aerial shot and won the game with Clarke scoring 21 of 6 balls. The game is ok though takes time to get used to the control especially bowling.
Then i played one more game on hard mode with England and bowled first again. This time i just got to chase 17 runs of 3 overs started badly but again won the game quite easily. But I also had 2 edges that flew over slips. So overall the game is difficult but then again not something that is going to last forever. Bowling is difficult and something which needs getting used to. Anderson was bowling at only 70 MPH. Graphics and stadium I liked especially the intro of it. Made me feel good. Overall I would say this game is in line with BLC 99 not above it. But again depends on individuals. Also there is a flaw with batting if u press the button just about when the bowler is about to release the bowl You will connect it properly 9/10 times but only for grounded shots. Didn't even play a single defensive stroke and didn't hit even a single six. I ll add more if I find anything else.

Third Game: Hard again Won it quite easily.
The good thing this time was that there were some bottom edges too.
AI leaves a lot if you bowl outside offstump and bowl it perfectly although still didn't manage any wickets.
Batting I am finding very very easy. When you Bat against Flintoff he seems to bowl just one length full and straight apart from few players other players face look crap.
Still haven't managed to hit a six. Also once I smacked the ball over mid on and the fielder magically took 20 steps in just one step. I mean he was standing at mid on one second and in another he was at long on.
Now I am getting confused whether to buy it or give it a second thought.

Last edited:

ashesvideo

School Cricketer
Some please play the whole 6 over match and upload he video. So that we can evaluate both batting and bowling. Also can anyone check how AI responds to 8:1 Offside field?? Just like dhoni used against australia in Nagpur Test last year. If AI try to move in the crease to score on On side then it would be EPIC:banana2:banana2

shan111

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
From the reviews it seems that the AI bowling is over-pitched a bit. I read in some thread that the demo build was ready 2 weeks before the playtesters went to codies. So I guess it would've been fixed by now if it was a problem.

PhilD123

International Coach
Just been on my brother's Xbox and downloaded it. Played it 5 or 6 times and I'm generally impressed. Both bowling and batting are fun. The only real gripe I have at the moment is what's been mentioned in the bowlers overpitching. It seems it's either that or a full over of quite short balls, no mixture, which is a bit annoying. Maybe it'll be fixed for the final build though. Other than that, yeah it is a bit dark which can make it hard to see the ball. Catching is very hard, keep dropping them, but maybe that's just a combination of me being useless and getting used to the new way of doing it!:p

Last edited:

10dulkar

Club Cricketer
From the reviews it seems that the AI bowling is over-pitched a bit. I read in some thread that the demo build was ready 2 weeks before the playtesters went to codies. So I guess it would've been fixed by now if it was a problem.

Mr.Heath will be the right person to confirm it.I hope at some point of time he goes through these demo reviews/feedback and provide his comments.

Users who are viewing this thread