Review Demo impressions thread

ashesvideo

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Can someone chekc hoe AI respond to this:

1) Set 8:1 off side field and bowl wide of off stump.

2)Set up Deep Square leg, Fine Leg, Deep Mid Wicket, Silly Point and then bowll whort deliveries at the body of batsman

nimish_sach

Club Cricketer
Ok now getting the hang of bowling too got 4 wickets in 3 overs. Managed to take 2 catches too and they were hit very hard one to point the other one to covers. But also dropped some. Overall my rating for this game would be 8/10. The first 4 games I found very easy even though i was playing on hard mode. But the last game I played with Australia batting first i lost 6 wickets and got 29 runs in 3 overs. In that game the AI needed one run of last 2 balls and left the balls alone that was shocking for me.:eek:

Also has anyone noticed the stats change if u bat first or second similarly with bowling.

C.Gayle

Banned
crap...in that footage anybody noticed that the gully fielder is sitting half?how come a gully fielder would sit half like a fielder in silly point?

Shivam990

School Cricketer
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 126 (52 members and 74 guests)
looks like are all planetcricket members are here only.
very busy thread.

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

Could someone post a video of catching / any wickets .

Also, has anyone managed to play those ridiculous shots from the trailer?

gudduthemaster

International Cricketer
When we will see AI will play according to situation. Again disappointment.

it is Demo;),so don't expect a good build '
for me demo impressions sounds good,Btw i just watched the youtube footage,
My feelings :-
1.Bowling animations are almost same
2.batting looking good
3.all delivery are half volley
4.the catch in gully looks odd tbh
5.Atmosphere seems darker than Normal

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Hold on, why do people keep posting the same video?

Can someone post some different video links from the demo that i can watch, if i see Strauss play a leg glance as the first shot one more time...

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
It feels a lot better. Still fundimentally broken imo on account of everything you face being a half volley but it's actually playable.

How can it be 'broken' but also 'playable'? Also, all deliveries are half volleys and too many AI runouts? Uh-oh, sounds like a patch will be needed very shortly after release...

MasterBlaster76 added 5 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

Oh yeah forget to mention two little things as well; You can score runs with defensive shots and you can hit non-lofted shots in the air.

That's good.

Can anyone PLEASE upload a gameplay video on youtube?
Will be a big help to everyone :upray

There can be only ONE MasterBlaster! :cool:

Only kidding, welcome to the forums, buddy. :)

tommymac

Club Cricketer
to be honest I think that once the gloss of this being a new game has worn off, I think a lot of people will be pretty disappointed at yet another poor cricket game

P

pcfan123

to be honest I think that once the gloss of this being a new game has worn off, I think a lot of people will be pretty disappointed at yet another poor cricket game

Hopefully decent online play and an online ranking system will keep it interesting.

tommymac

Club Cricketer
Hopefully decent online play and an online ranking system will keep it interesting.

Hopefully, but the same could be said of BLIC 2007, the online was really fun, but due to a lack of users and general problems it died about a month after release.

I fear the same will happen here, though hopefully a better online system will improve the situation, but ultimately I feel the lack of users for cricket games will always doom the online side.

Users who are viewing this thread